Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-27-2016, 09:30 AM   #81
Pearl-ExPert

I made 70 Christmas cards this year---all with the same theme (mistletoe), but all different except for about 5. It can be stressful, but it is part of the holidays for me. I can't start working until after Thanksgiving (I make about 25 Thanksgiving cards), as I'm not quite in the mood until then. I put on Christmas music and create to my heart's content until something unimportant like cooking, laundry, etc. comes up. I'm retired, so I can devote as much/little time to my craft as I choose, and that is usually the greater part of every day.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
gregzgurl, joniworx, shirlb19 and 1 others like this post.
Old 12-27-2016, 11:35 AM   #82
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Merry BELATED Christmas Cards :)

I am so bummed, I ran out of time and never made my Christmas cards. This is the first time in 11 years I didn't make my cards, let alone send any out at all! (I started stamping when I was 26.) I bought everything for them, had the design in mind, and just couldn't pull it off in time. Do you think it would be weird to send a Merry BELATED Christmas card? Lol. And add in Happy New Year? I still really want to make the card - it's the SU stockings and the fireplace / hearth die. What do you think... would it be weird? - Catherine
PikkuLilla likes this post.
Old 12-27-2016, 11:37 AM   #83
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine773View Post
I am so bummed, I ran out of time and never made my Christmas cards. This is the first time in 11 years I didn't make my cards, let alone send any out at all! (I started stamping when I was 26.) I bought everything for them, had the design in mind, and just couldn't pull it off in time. Do you think it would be weird to send a Merry BELATED Christmas card? Lol. And add in Happy New Year? I still really want to make the card - it's the SU stockings and the fireplace / hearth die. What do you think... would it be weird? - Catherine
If it makes you feel good, do it! I'm sure the recipients will love hearing from you---late or not.
Catherine773 and PikkuLilla like this post.
Old 12-27-2016, 11:39 AM   #84
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I'm sending out New Year's cards that look suspiciously like Christmas cards this year - and everyone will be just delighted to get them. Trust me - it's like getting birthday wishes late - an extra bit of Christmas cheer! Do it, and enjoy it. And make a few extra to start off next year with!
Old 12-27-2016, 12:03 PM   #85
Proud Fan Club Member

Personally, I am thrilled to get a card no matter when. My problem is I do not like the word belated on it. I guess I am weird, lol..........So I say leave out the belated but enjoy making and sending them!..

Shirl
Catherine773, joniworx and PikkuLilla like this post.
Old 12-27-2016, 12:17 PM   #86
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Quote:

Send Happy New Year! cards. That is what I'm doing for those who I forgot to send Christmas cards to. Check out the cards in my gallery. I always buy a couple dozen of mini calendars for New Year calendar cards.
You can download the mini calendars on Etsy just cut them down to size, staple and tack on to your card front and send as a postcard.
Catherine773, shirlb19 and PikkuLilla like this post.
Old 12-27-2016, 01:27 PM   #87
Gallery Gazer

Did you know that the "Twelve Days of Christmas" are actually the twelve days after Christmas? This is from Wikipedia:
The twelve days in the song are the twelve days starting with Christmas Day, or in some traditions, the day after Christmas (December 26) (Boxing Day or St. Stephen's Day, as being the feast day of St. StephenProtomartyr), to the day before Epiphany, or the Feast of the Epiphany (January 6, or the Twelfth Day). Twelfth Night is defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as "the evening of the fifth of January, preceding Twelfth Day, the eve of the Epiphany, formerly the last day of the Christmas festivities and observed as a time of merrymaking."

With that in mind, any card sent to any recipient so that it gets there before January 6th is not, technically, "belated"... Go for it!

SerenaB, Catherine773, StamperDea and 3 others like this post.
Old 12-27-2016, 02:00 PM   #88
Insane Embellisher

hey sue are you Lutheran? usually I am the one filled with theses facts!
gregzgurl, lutheran and jeanne3579 like this post.
Old 12-27-2016, 03:49 PM   #89
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lori92760View Post
hey sue are you Lutheran? usually I am the one filled with theses facts!
I grew up Lutheran, so everything written made perfect sense to me!
Catherine773, gregzgurl and lutheran like this post.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:07 PM   #90
Glitter Guru

I used to be married to a man who was of Ukrainian background and their tradition was that the tree went up just before Christmas and stayed up until January 6th - Twelfth Night / Epiphany. So we used to think of that whole period as part of Christmas. Even though I'm divorced now, that idea has stuck with me so I'm happy to receive cards after Christmas Day.

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:14 PM   #91
Insane Embellisher

anytime we get snail mail that is not a credit card app or a bill it's a great day.
Old 12-27-2016, 06:26 PM   #92
Gallery Gazer

No, I'm not Lutheran - or any other "organized" religion. Just a general believer in powers greater than I and in the truth of love trumps all...

jeanne3579, shirlb19 and HOBBYSUE like this post.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:42 AM   #93
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by lori92760View Post
anytime we get snail mail that is not a credit card app or a bill it's a great day.
Totes agree
gregzgurl likes this post.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:07 AM   #94
Polyshrink Goddess

Thank you everyone! I'm going to pull an all-nighter and make the cards tonight. Happy Holiday to everyone - Catherine
gregzgurl, shirlb19 and PikkuLilla like this post.