Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-24-2008, 08:05 PM   #1  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Hobby Lobby/Copic questions

I'm heading down south to Oklahoma to go to Hobby Lobby (...and I'll see my Mom while I'm there..*wink). Anyway, do the Copic markers they sell there come in sets or do I have to send each family member through the line with one little Copic each?

Also, if I can only buy one at a time, what colors do you use the most (I already have a light blue and a medium gray)?

Thanks for your advice!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2008, 08:12 PM   #2  

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First things first.....I adore your doxie. Yes, family members will have to go through the line one at a time. I'd check out Ellen Huston's website as she has SU comps in her Designer Kits so you will know what color to get for what you want. But, honestly, I'd purchase from Carpe Diem Store and I'll tell you why. I got 6 sets that are listed on Ellen's website that coordinate with SU color palates, the blender pens, and the In-Color for $380 and that included shipping. I got about 91 pens. The one pen that I did order direct from Ellen was R81. Apparently those pens are hard to find. I purchased the Copic Sketch. Oh, also, I forgot to tell you that I also bought and included in that price is about $50 worth of pen holders, so you'll get the entire set for $330.

Stampin' Up! Only Challenges Design Team
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2008, 08:28 PM   #3  

Thanks, I'll have to go alot slower though, it's just not in the budget for now!
I think I'll have to send alot of family members through the line to get any on my budget!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #4  
Glitter Guru

What's sad is that your 40% off coupon won't apply to the Copics if they are already on sale at Hobby Lobby. They are almost always on sale for 25% off. The regular price is $5.99 each, which at 25% off, is about $4.50 each. You can order pens online one at a time for about the same or cheaper. I order my markers from www.MerriArtist.com. She offers free shipping for orders of $70 or more, and her price is $4.46 per marker.

I believe that the same is true at www.carpediemstore.com. You can order the markers individually, and the price is less than $4.46 per marker. I believe it's less than $4.00 per marker - you have to "call for special pricing." Rumor has it that it is less than $4.00 and closer to $3.50 per marker. I don't know, however, what they charge for shipping. I've never ordered from them. But I know people who have, and they swear by their service and prices.

Hope this helps you decide whether it's worth your gas money and time to try and buy Copics from Hobby Lobby. If you still decide to make the trip, they have a wonderful selection of other craft items, Cuttlebug items, scrapbooking paper, and stamps. It's a really fun place to shop, so I hope you have a great time, either way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2008, 09:20 PM   #5  
Embossing Fanatic

Lynn, I live in OKC and if you have a coupon one good thing about HL is they take the higher percentage off. If its already on sale they will take they coupon and give you the higher of the two. Michaels won't do this but HL will. They will even take the coupon on stuff on clearance if the coupon would make it a better deal. In the case of clearance items they raise the price back to regular price then take the 40% off or if like say stamps are on sale that week for 50% off and you see one you like in the clearance aisle they will take 50% off the original price. HL is really a great store in terms of their coupon. And just a side note I have 34 copics that I have purchased with coupons from HL and yes they are 25% off sometimes but they always take my higher 40% off coupon. HL only has certain colors though. I have a chart that I printed from someone on SCS and I marked off all the colors they carry here in the OKC area. Also you can always go through different check out lanes. Usually they are busy and dont notice. I have done that several times. Good Luck

Brittney
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2008, 04:30 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Here are the colors that I seem to use the most~ E00 (skin color) C0 (very light shading) E02 (slight blush for cheeks) E31 (for my House Mouse mice) E33 (again for my House Mouse mice)

Other than that I use what ever matches the card stock I'm using... they have definitely helped me use some of that old paper than never matched any SU colors... * I got my sets of Copics from Dick Blick when they had the 20% off special ~ but I had saved up to buy the actual sets I paid (shipping included) $240/ set of 72 sketch markers which is about $3.33/ marker. Which seemed pretty good for the sketch ~ I think that some people bought them individually to make custom sets & paid about 10 cents more per marker (or something like that).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2008, 05:31 AM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by curlylocdivaView Post
Lynn, I live in OKC and if you have a coupon one good thing about HL is they take the higher percentage off. If its already on sale they will take they coupon and give you the higher of the two. Michaels won't do this but HL will. They will even take the coupon on stuff on clearance if the coupon would make it a better deal. In the case of clearance items they raise the price back to regular price then take the 40% off or if like say stamps are on sale that week for 50% off and you see one you like in the clearance aisle they will take 50% off the original price. HL is really a great store in terms of their coupon. And just a side note I have 34 copics that I have purchased with coupons from HL and yes they are 25% off sometimes but they always take my higher 40% off coupon. HL only has certain colors though. I have a chart that I printed from someone on SCS and I marked off all the colors they carry here in the OKC area. Also you can always go through different check out lanes. Usually they are busy and dont notice. I have done that several times. Good Luck

Brittney
Good to know - I must have gotten a cranky cashier who wouldn't let me use my 40% off coupon on the already on sale Copics. I'll know now for next time. Thanks for clearing that up for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2008, 05:43 AM   #8  

Quote:

Originally Posted by curlylocdivaView Post

Brittney
Thanks for the info! I actually go to Ok to see my family (Ft. Gibson and Durant) and while I'm there I go to HL, they just tease me that it's the other way around... so the gas is gonna be spent!

I'm so happy to hear that they take the lowest price. That's cool. I figure I can run my kids through and pick up a couple more than I have. I won't have a couple hundred $ in the budget for markers for some time.

Does anyone have the link for the SU color match to Copics?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2008, 04:38 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Did you girls know that the Copic Ciao markers are just $3.95 a piece at All That Scraps? Most are on a waitlist right now but Christine is really good about getting stuff in and getting it out to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2008, 05:04 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

I contacted carpediemstore.com for their pricing and here's the email I received.

Sale Dates Jan 3rd 08 until Jan 1st 09
Re: Copic Coupon

The coupon code link on our website is down. If you want to order just
place the order and customer service are instructed to manually apply the
discount at the time of billing. You may varify the new price by logging into your account on our website after we have adjusted pricing. Please allow time for your order to be process by customer service. Your credit card does not get charged until your order is ready to ship. You will only be billed for what is shipped. Any backorders less than $25.00 will be canceled.

2008 Everyday Pricing For The Whole Year , ... plus additional 10% off for returning customers. (details below)

Copic Sketch are $3.95 ea. (list : $5.95) .

Copic Originals (Square) are $3.95 ea. (list: $5.95)

Copic Refills are $4.87 ea. (list: $6.95)

Sets: All 72 sets $278.46 (list : $428.40)

All 36 sets $139.23 (list : $214.20)

All 12 sets $46.41 (list : $71.40)

Returning customers will get an additional 10% off on

Copic Sketch are $3.95 ea. less 10% $3.56

Copic Originals (Square) are $3.95 ea. less 10% $3.56

To qualify as a returning customer, you must have made a Copic product purchase prior to your current order.

We will verify all returning customers by this criteria.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2008, 10:50 AM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

I don't know if all HL's carry the same inventory but my local ones just carry the Sketch for $5.99 and they have a big clear storage case for the markers with labels for the copic #'s they carry. I thought I'd jot them down and someone might find this helpful if heading to HL when they're on sale:

BV000, BV00, BV04, BV08.
V01, V04, V09, V12, V15, V17.
RV11, RV14, RV19.
R02, R08, R22, R27, R29, R39.
YR00, YR04, YR09 YR61, YR65, YR68.
Y08, Y11, Y15, Y17, Y21, Y26, Y28.
YG03, YG06, YG09.
G02, G07, G09, G21, G24, G28.
BG10, BG13, BG18, BG72, BG75, BG78.
B21, B24, B29, B32, B34, B39.
E00, E02, E04, E09, E29, E31, E33, E37, E49.
C1, C3, C5, C7.
W1, W3, W5, W7.
0, 100, 110.
N's (Neutral Grays) = none - no slots.
T's (Toner Grays) = none - no slots.
F's (Flourescents) = none - no slots.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2008, 11:33 AM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

As far as colors go you might want to figure out what type of things you color more often and go from there. I only have about a dozen copics right now and have been going to HL with my coupon buying a few at a time. I decided I wanted to color Riley the moose (Hanna Stamps) and started with those. If you color people (MFT type) then you may want to focus on skin tone and hair color copics. If flowers are your thing, pinks, greens and purples. I have learned (from Jeanne S.) that you can use copics to blend Prismacolor pencils. Its a great way to maximize usage with a small inventory.
Reply With Quote Likes