Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-21-2008, 10:46 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hints to get organized

I would be grateful for any suggestions on how to get organized.
I'm ready to over haul my stamping room. I would like to optimize my space.
The room is square approx.12x12 2 solid walls, one wall has a window and the other has a closet which still has college kids belongings.
My biggest challenge is how to store my card stock. Currently I'm using filing trays. I'm past my learning curve to "have to see" it to know what I have. LOL!!!
I do have storeage for all of my ink pads and have organized in color families.
In the room I do have a book shelf that has 5 shelves which hold all my stamp sets. I use a over the door clear shoe holder so I can visibly see my punches.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.
Cindy
[email protected]
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2008, 08:11 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

I store my cardstock in hanging file folders. In the tabs I have a piece of cardstock that I wrote the name of the color on. So it's easy to see what you have, and easy to access (mine is right next to me). The one I have now is open at the top and sides, but I'm planning to replace it with a regular file cabinet so my paper doesn't get dusty and faded overtime. I've seen to two drawer ones at Walmart for under $30. I store my scraps at the front of each folder, which works really well for me. My scraps actually get used that way.

Have you seen the Stampin' Spaces gallery? There are a ton of great ideas there. Literally thousands of pictures. IKEA has really great storage solutions. They are very affordable too. I got a lot of great stuff, and really didn't spend that much. HERE is a link to my stamp room pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Hints to get organized-paper-storage-1.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2008, 08:21 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Lightbulb

I think I like to organize and shop for products more than actual stamping! Hopuffly the 2 pictures of my studio will show up here. I have my solid SU packages stack on clear plastic shelves, 3 color per each self anf by color groups. I have my SU kits in cabinets with the designer papers in 12x12 SU storage in a cabinet that I can close the doors on. Let me know if you would like anymore ideas or pictures. By the way, I have all my 812 x 11 paper in hanging folders and one for each color.
Attached Thumbnails
Hints to get organized-studio-009.jpg   Hints to get organized-studio-017.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 05:47 AM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

Received 71 Likes on 17 Posts

I store 8 1/2 x 11 in organizer trays that I got at sams. They don't have them any more but its the same wooden ones you can buy at office supply stores. I store my paper by color shades (light greens, olive greens, etc.) I store my DP with the solid colors. I used to store them separately and I would forget to look for them. Now that they are all together I use it more often and no searching for the perfect matching color.

12 x12 in trays http://www.paperwishes.com/products/7253010000

Buy a label maker and label everthing, it's well worth the money

I like to move things around so I have adjustable shelves on my wall. Then if I find some great way to store something I can move the shelves around to fit. Always allow for growth because as you already know, you'll be adding more supplies.

I've been buying the 12x12 iris boxes at Mikes when they go on sale. When I buy items for a particular project, I store everything for the project in the box. When I'm ready to make the project everything is in one place. Oh, and if I buy ribbon for a specific project, I cut a small piece of the ribbon and put in the project box and then store the rest of the ribbon with my other ribbon. It reminds me that I have the ribbon but I also have it available for other projects.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2008, 05:53 AM   #5  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
Buy a label maker and label everthing, it's well worth the money.
ITA! I used to organize and then reorganize and then reorganize again but I never really knew where anything was until I started labeling all of my drawers, baskets, containers, etc. with the label maker. Now, when I'm looking for glue dots I know where they are!

I have my 8.5x11 CS in hanging folders in a file cabinet. I've tried everything, honestly, but this is the best solution for me. My 12x12 takes up three shelves on my bookcase, stored in the SU! paper holders. I bought the dividers and took the time to use them so now I can easily find the paper I'm looking for -- the label maker strikes again!

You're going to be so much happier once your room is organized. I did my third and final reorganization a few weeks ago, right before my mom came to visit, and since have actually been using my stuff. It's amazing how motivated you can be when you don't have to search for everything!

Reply With Quote Likes