Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-24-2008, 11:26 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Please... Ideas for Wedding Guest Book

I had a customer ask me to make her a Wedding Guest Book! I'm freaking out. Flattered and excited but freaking out. So her colors are black, white and fushia pink. Maybe polka dots too.. I would love some ideas or suggestions if anyone has any. She also wants it to be around 8x10 in size possible something she could add to later.
My first thought was to buy the book basics from SU and start from there.
I have a BIA so I can bind it myself. Or I could even use our on board art journal but I'm blank on the design.
Help please. I would be eternally grateful for any help or ideas.

Thanks a bunch!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 11:40 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

You could probably get away with buying a generic guest book meant for Weddings, and then adding to it perhaps?

I got married recently and here are some ideas I saw:

A guest book themed with the colors of the wedding, with pictures of the Bride & Groom scattered throughout the book. Perhaps baby pics of them growing up, then photos of them dating, into engagement, etc.? You could have these pics mounted with the color CS you mentioned, etc. with embellishments...then have spots where guests can sign next to them. That would be very entertaining for people to look through. This would also allow her to add to it later on!

Another idea that I've heard is doing a "photo booth" guest book. where you leave a Polaroid camera next to it, as people come in, they snap their photo, and insert into a spot on the book, then sign their name! It's a cute idea.

I suggest checking out www.theknot.com for more info. You can always search the Bios' and get more information on what other brides have done. This website might also help - it lists out "specialty bios" where people feature things they have done, etc.

http://bios.magnificentbliss.com/specialty/

Good Luck! PM me if you need any more wedding resources! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 11:49 AM   #3  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made my own using my printer, VV CS, large chipboard sheets, ribbon, and paper in my colors. Mine is still a work in progress (even though I got married in December) as I want to add some pictures to it of each event and need to rebind it (I originally bound it with ribbon). My goal is to make it into a book that has sections for each thing - engagement party, each shower, wedding guests, and wedding gifts. I suggest that you tab each section to make it easier for her or her bridesmaids to find the appropriate section. I also plan to add in pictures and do a quick scrapbook layout for each section using pictures from the event.

My book is roughly 8 1/2 x 11. I turned the VV sideways for printing (i.e. I changed the printing on the computer so the book actually is 8 1/2 inches tall and 11 inches long). I looked at other wedding books online and in the stores to figure out what to put in each section.

Since I bound the cover with ribbon, I had to give the cover a means to bend, but you shouldn't need to do that if you use a bind it all.

I'm still monkeying with my cover design, but you could do a simple layout that is very sturdy (my original design ate it due to book use) and that she could slide an engagement picture into.

ETA: I also looked around quite a bit for pages that were already printed that I could use, but I could never find just the pages. Even Hallmark no longer carries them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 12:08 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

I think she just wants me to make her a guest book. Nothing too fancy.
Do you know what size of binding I would need to bind 100 pages or so??
What do you think of this idea?
Attached Thumbnails
Help Please... Ideas for Wedding Guest Book-black-white.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 12:13 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pink StamperView Post
I think she just wants me to make her a guest book. Nothing too fancy.
Do you know what size of binding I would need to bind 100 pages or so??
What do you think of this idea?
Wow, that's very pretty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 12:17 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

The only thing is SU does not make black and white polka dot paper. So do I buy it somewhere else or do I emboss white polka dots on black cs? Of course I would use pink fushia ribbon instead of the red shown.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 03:31 PM   #7  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pink StamperView Post
The only thing is SU does not make black and white polka dot paper. So do I buy it somewhere else or do I emboss white polka dots on black cs? Of course I would use pink fushia ribbon instead of the red shown.
It depends on what you want. If you want it raised, then emboss. If you want it flat, then buy the other paper. That book is super cute too!
Reply With Quote Likes