Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-12-2007, 02:45 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Computer generated sentiments

My computer illiterate brain needs help! I like the image of the 'riveting' set by SU but wouldn't use most of the sentiments in that set. Does anyone know how I could generate a similar image using Word, either with or without a central image? Thanks for any help, Claire
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 06:54 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Oh you poor thing, I can't help you a bit with that. Unless you had a word art program that could arch the words, I'm at a loss for you.

Hopefully a bump will help you out and someone with more expertise will chime in with some good advise.

best to you,
Adriene
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 07:41 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

You could experiment with the WordArt feature of Word. Click on the View menu. Then choose Toolbars and select the WordArt toolbar. Click on the first toolbar button (Insert WordArt) and you'll see a semi-circular word image.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2007, 01:36 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Hi - In Word, what I do is first make some circles from the 'shape' drop down box. You can edit these for various thicknesses of the lines, size, etc. You can also change the color. Then I put them on top of each other. One circle may be just slightly smaller than another and one can be fairly small for the center circle. Then I add a text box for the words in the center circle and use TextArt to make a circle of words for the other part. You will need to play around with the "bring item in front of" or "in back of" another item until you get it to work. This feature is in the format drop down box I think. This sounds really confusing but after 'several' (quite a few really) practices it isn't too bad. I am not a computer person so I really can't explain it any more. Maybe someone who is more computer literate can do a more understandable version. Here is an example of one that I did.
Attached Files
File Type: doc blank_circle2.doc (28.0 KB, 26 views)
Reply With Quote Likes