Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-06-2005, 05:06 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HeirloomPro Stamping Show????

Has anyone been to a HeirloomPro show? I have heard it has stamp related vendors and tons of stuff to look at and try. Anyone been and what did you think?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2005, 07:52 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Cool Stamping Show?

I went to one two years ago ~ I missed it last year. :-( It was very nice ~ small, not like regular craft shows, but I learned alot! They probably had about 40 to 50 vendors. I went with a friend, who later became a Stampin Up! demonstrator. I am really a "Stampin Up! girl", but it was nice to see all of the cards, etc they had. I took home alot of ideas and I got to buy a few things too! LOL

If you have never been to one, I highly recommend it!

PS ~ Love your screen name. Is it because you need Starbucks to stay awake to stamp!

PSS ~ your in the south, must be near PA or VA! I'm really looking forward to going the 8th or 9th!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2005, 03:04 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Went to one this last weekend

And I learned lots of different things. Wow we don't usually even get that many vendors. I think it's well worth it but I go and watch all of the different people demoing and absorb their collective stamping experience. I always get some great tips and tricks and I've been dozens of times.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2005, 04:07 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

I've been lucky enough to attend 3 of the HeirloomPro conventions. There are a lot of vendors. What is great is that there are demonstrations going on all over the place and you learn a lot of new techniques. Millions of sample cards and some great show specials. Everyone lets you take pictures of their sample cards.

All types of vendors are represented. From paper, stamps, embellishments, etc.

I spent a fortune at the one I went to in July. I'm already planning to attend the next one which is in January in our area.

You won't be disappointed.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent - Eleanor Roosevelt ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2005, 06:37 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

I am planning on attending my first one this Saturday. I am looking forward to seeing what it is all about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2005, 06:51 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Yes, I am going to the one in Virginia Beach in October. I live in Virginia and this is my first opportunity to go. I am excited to see everything. I am a SU demo, but love to learn new things in stamping. With those of you that have gone, what do you recommend buying? Will I spend a lot???
Is there anything I should take?

BilliePam, I used to love in Virginia Beach and I also look forward to seeing the area....Is there a Starbucks near? I figure there must be, nothing like it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2005, 06:56 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I used to go, but quit about 3-4 years ago . . . the one they had in Puyallup, WA was always a very good one. Last one I attended I only purchased about $50 worth of embellishments and that was it. I'm not into the fancy techniques any more, so I mostly enjoyed the demonstrations that were more project based, but there weren't very many of those . . . I wish there had been . . .

Some of my favorites for great embellishments, if they happen to be exhibiting at the one you're attending:

Studios Blackbird
ArtChix Studio
A Stamp in the Hand
Limited Edition Rubber Stamps
Rubber Baby

There are also typically stamp makers who sell UMs--some even have a rubber "pit" you can sit down in and sort through--take a mirror --often times, they don't have mirrors available, for some reason. (They are not indexed, so it can be difficult sometimes to figure out exactly what the rubber image is w/o a mirror).

For beautiful samples, I love to stop by Paula Best, and JudiKins, and if Impression Obsession is at the show, be sure to check out the Aleesa Baker samples--drop-dead gorgeous!

There are others, but those are my top favorites. Have fun! Take some Tylenol--it will boggle your brain as there is so much to see and absorb!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2005, 10:21 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Convention Tips

I don't think I'll recommend buying anything specific because that really depends on the person. I love my twinkling H20's but there might be something that you want more. You might end up spending a lot if you haven't seen a lot of other companies stuff because they all have different things.

I would set a spending limit just because it's really easy to get sucked in and go overboard. When I go I always look throughly through all the booths and watch lots and lots of demos before buying anything. I make notes on my show program of what I want and how much it costs. The only time I buy something before I've looked all around is if it's something that will probably sell out before I get to everything.

Bring comfy shoes and I like using a backback to carry purchases. It helps to bring cash it seems to make transactions much faster. Oh yeah if you have a digital camera bring it so you can take pictures of samples. Even it it's not specifically stampin up stuff you can get great ideas. Also keep all of your receipts I heard of a gal having her bags searched because there was a shoplifiting problem and she looked like the person that was described. hth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2005, 06:58 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverDragoness
Oh yeah if you have a digital camera bring it so you can take pictures of samples. Even it it's not specifically stampin up stuff you can get great ideas.
Oh, and always ASK FIRST prior to taking photos--some booths do not permit it and others do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2005, 08:57 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by starbucks_stamper
BilliePam, I used to love in Virginia Beach and I also look forward to seeing the area....Is there a Starbucks near? I figure there must be, nothing like it!
Yes ~ There are several! The closest one I think is at the intersection of Lynnhaven Parkway & Princess Anne Road. Of course, there may be one or more at the "beach" that I am not familiar with. I rarely ever go down there. I'm going with a friend on Friday (we both have a day off!) Maybe we'll see you there ~ I'll be rolling around in my wheelchair.

Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2005, 04:12 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Default bump

Anyone go to one this weekend? Highlights?
Reply With Quote Likes