Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-23-2007, 07:02 AM   #41
Ms. Brightside

Location: On the verge of greatness and the brink of insanity!

I saw these at our local Archiver's the other night as well, but I'm not sure what they're charging for them there.

I don't really stamp much. I'm just here for the company.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-23-2007, 07:06 AM   #42
Hot Mess

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusColoradoView Post
I saw these at our local Archiver's the other night as well, but I'm not sure what they're charging for them there.
they are $1.99. I picked up a couple of them because my MIke's sells out of them so fast and I wanted only 3 of them.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:00 PM   #43
Gabfest Goddess

No, no, no!! Not more enabling!!! I guess I'll be hitting my Mikes again soon.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:22 PM   #44
SCS RAK Coordinator

I went to our Archiver's today and they did NOT have them. They did have other cheap ($1.99) christmas stamps (clear) but not the specific ones pictured in the first post.

I'm becoming a little obsessed about finding these...

My Michael's (don't you love when you get a friendly AND knowledgeable cashier?!?!?) said that their shipments come once a week (my store is Tuesday) and usually they have everything put out in 2 days. So my new Michaels official shopping day is Thursday!
Old 10-01-2007, 02:26 PM   #45
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

Dont feel bad. My Michaels havent got any clues when their stuff comes in. Its like they hire people without smiles on their faces or people who dont do crafts. It drives me crazy when I ask about these type of stamps and also the value $1 wood stamps too. They dont know anything.

Bonnie
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Old 10-01-2007, 08:48 PM   #46
Rubber Obsessor

Sometimes you just have to find the person at Mikes that actually knows something -- or who knows who DOES know.

Luckily, at my Mikes, that person is me.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:42 PM   #47
Matboard Maniac

Subscribing!
Old 10-02-2007, 04:43 AM   #48
SCS RAK Coordinator

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelilotView Post
Sometimes you just have to find the person at Mikes that actually knows something -- or who knows who DOES know.

Luckily, at my Mikes, that person is me.
Oh Melanie--you don't count! You are Canadian! Everyone knows that Canadians are born friendly!

Amy in Michigan (who has lots of Canadian friends)
Old 10-02-2007, 05:24 AM   #49
Die Cut Diva

I posted this on another thread in Announcements, but noone seems to have seen it! Here's some more newbies!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=289647
Old 10-02-2007, 09:26 AM   #50
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellyklpView Post
I posted this on another thread in Announcements, but noone seems to have seen it! Here's some more newbies!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=289647
OK, you enablers MUST stop!!! At least there are only a "few" of these I have to have!!

I just created a new folder of subscriptions just for all of my "dollar" stamp threads.

Last edited by WAstamper; 10-02-2007 at 09:30 AM..
Old 10-04-2007, 10:39 AM   #51
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by TERRORE3View Post
I don't want to burst any bubbles but I got clear acrilic stamps at the dollar spot at Michaels a little while back. (not these christmas ones) and when I stamped them it did nothing but smoosh the image. Not good quility at all. I took back the ones I didn't open. If you compare them to papertrey ones you'd see the difference right away. Let me know if these are different though. It'd be great!!! thanks and good luck.
Hi

Sorry you had bad luck with yours. I made a card and it turned out great. I noticed you don't have to push down hard with them and I also use See D's stamping mat.

Ter
Old 10-04-2007, 07:35 PM   #52
Kookie Creator

I emailed Hampton Arts and asked them about these. They said they were to arrive at Michels between the end of September and the beginning of October.

Concerning another set of the stamps (the second set, I believe), I asked a more knowledgeable associate at M's and she said that though they get them in, they may hold off putting them out until the time they feel is right.

So, for what it's worth -- that's what I know.

My M's just got the new sets of the regular dollar acrylic stamps (16 different sets) and I bought all and really like them.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:27 PM   #53
Inking Addict

Default I'm obsessed with getting all of these!

Ok, I'm dying to get my hands on the Christmas ones. I have about 15-20 of the other Studio G sets and I just love them. Has ANYONE actually SEEN the Christmas sets in a store yet? I've read all the threads and it seems that so far, they are only a dream but no actual sightings yet. If so, who has seen them and where? One more question, several posts refer to the "Halloween stamps". Are you guys referring to the $1 wood Halloween stamps that Michael's sells or are you guys saying that there are some Studio G Halloween stamps? Thanks for the info sharing.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:32 PM   #54
Watercolor Wizard

The Halloween stamps I saw tonight were the wooden ones
Old 10-09-2007, 07:38 PM   #55
SCS RAK Coordinator

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampie_newbieView Post
Ok, I'm dying to get my hands on the Christmas ones. I have about 15-20 of the other Studio G sets and I just love them. Has ANYONE actually SEEN the Christmas sets in a store yet? I've read all the threads and it seems that so far, they are only a dream but no actual sightings yet. If so, who has seen them and where? One more question, several posts refer to the "Halloween stamps". Are you guys referring to the $1 wood Halloween stamps that Michael's sells or are you guys saying that there are some Studio G Halloween stamps? Thanks for the info sharing.
I've been asking the same question and from what I have read here at SCS no one actually has the 24 set Christmas Clear Studio G stamps in their hands.

And I haven't heard about any clear Halloween stamps, only the $1 wooden/rubber Michael's ones that seem to be stocked with the Halloween stuff not in the $1 area.

AND I AM DYING FOR THE CHRISTMAS STAMPS TOO!!!!! I am stalking about 5 different threads on here... it is embarassing...
Old 10-10-2007, 05:29 AM   #56
Stazon Splitcoast

Me too.... anxiously awaiting the christmas stamps. I keep checking back, and at different stores... but no luck so far. :P Don't they realize we're working on Christmas Cards already?!
Old 10-10-2007, 05:34 AM   #57
Embossing Fanatic

My Michael's said they're getting a big Christmas shipment today and to check back tomorrow. They also said that I'm not the only stalker they have-- they're getting calls every day regarding these stamps!
Old 10-10-2007, 05:37 AM   #58
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by coopetteView Post
My Michael's said they're getting a big Christmas shipment today and to check back tomorrow. They also said that I'm not the only stalker they have-- they're getting calls every day regarding these stamps!
Haha... I think I'm the only stalker at ours. They just shake their heads when I walk in now. Hope ours get them this week. That would be fantastic. Have a big Christmas Card work session planned for this weekend!
Old 10-19-2007, 07:10 PM   #59
SCS RAK Coordinator

OMG! I found them! I was innocently shopping at my LSS and there they were in the clearance section! Marked $1. They had all 24 of them. Whoa, I spent more in that store today than I thought I would...

For those of you in southeast Michigan, it was the Scrapbook Zone in Farmington Hills.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:35 PM   #60
Crimping Master

I just can't get excited about these stamps anymore! I can't get them to accept ink worth a darn! Yes, I've tried all of the remedies but they just don't look as good as my rubber stamps.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:25 AM   #61
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by steffsscrapsView Post
I just can't get excited about these stamps anymore! I can't get them to accept ink worth a darn! Yes, I've tried all of the remedies but they just don't look as good as my rubber stamps.
I think mine work fine. U uses an eraser on mine before I stamped them and that helped. THen after stamping a few times the get even better. Use the eraser again if you feel it is not accept ink good enough yet. They are cheap sets so they are less qualitity acrylic and take longer to accept ink.

I got mine at my LSS as I was told Mike's is not going to be carrying these-or at least my Mikes will not be.
They were $1.00 a set and she got a bunch more in 2 days ago as they keep selling out on her.
I have almost all of them and I thhink they are perfect for my christmas tags I make.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:27 AM   #62
Pearl-ExPert

I bought most of these sets from my LSS. They were $2 instead of $1, but since the nearest Michaels is 120 miles away, I take what I can get. Getting a good impression is easy if you use a light touch - much softer than rubber. My only concern is that they don't restick to their index sheet, and only lightly stick to the block. I'm afraid after a few uses they won't stick anymore.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:31 AM   #63
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by greetingsbydebraView Post
I bought most of these sets from my LSS. They were $2 instead of $1, but since the nearest Michaels is 120 miles away, I take what I can get. Getting a good impression is easy if you use a light touch - much softer than rubber. My only concern is that they don't restick to their index sheet, and only lightly stick to the block. I'm afraid after a few uses they won't stick anymore.
The bigger ones I didn't have a problem re-sticking. It's the little ones I do. I just wash tem with a tad bit of dihsoap and water and that seems to help. I also put a touch of my tape runner on the block when I use them so they don't get lost. I took one of the $1.00 blocks that were sold with the stamps that I designated for this. It works great for me to keep them on the block when I am stamping.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:09 AM   #64
SCS RAK Coordinator

Quote:

Originally Posted by steffsscrapsView Post
I use mostly pigment inks with them. I get good results! I just can't pass them up... they are the perfect size sentiments for card making!
Old 10-21-2007, 07:04 PM   #65
Matboard Maniac

[QUOTE=g33kgr1;7414513]I've been asking the same question and from what I have read here at SCS no one actually has the 24 set Christmas Clear Studio G stamps in their hands.
QUOTE]

I have seen these in a local scrapbook store, another SCSer mentioned seeing them at Archiver's in Plymouth, MN. I visited after reading that, and found them about 2 weeks ago. I didn't take the time to count the number of sets, although there seemed to be quite a lot of them.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:08 PM   #66
Pearl-ExPert

I am still looking for the Halloween ones----I have a few of the Christmas sets. It appears that I am collecting these in the wrong order.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:10 PM   #67
Matboard Maniac

Maybe I'm being dense, but I thought the only threads I saw about Halloween stamps were wood-mounted, I haven't seen any clear (Studio G) dollar Halloween stamps in pictures on this site, though I'm not checking as many threads as some folks!
Old 10-22-2007, 06:20 AM   #68
Inking Addict

Default Has anyone seen the new Michael's $1 Stamps

I saw someone's response from Studio G manufacturer that these stamps are not exclusive to Michael's. I have emailed Walmart asking if they could try and get these stamps. I am only one stamper but perhaps if some more people would contact Walmart, they might realize that there are a lot of people interested in these $1 stamps and they might start carrying them in their stores.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:17 AM   #69
Rubber Obsessor

Just wondering. Has any one seen these at Micheal's yet? I checked 4 Micheal's in my area and they have not seen them yet.

Kelly
Old 10-24-2007, 03:35 AM   #70
Stazon Splitcoast

My LSS is carrying them for a $1.00 a set and She told me that MIchaels will not be carrying them. These are more for Higher end places like Archivers and LSS's. That is why she decided to carry them here as there would be no competition with Michaels for these. Whether this is true for all Michaels I do not know but I do know this true for my Michaels as I also have afriend that is an assistant manager at Michaels and she also told me that they will not be carrying them.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:35 AM   #71
Kookie Creator

I wonder why they would choose to NOT carry these but carry the other Studio G lines? There seems to be no rhyme or reason.

It also seems Hampton Arts did not make nearly enough of these, as I have heard they sold out prior to shipping any of them.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:56 AM   #72
Rubber Obsessor

Amy (g33kgr1).

Thank you. I took a trip last night to Farmington Hills' Scrapbook Zone (about 40 min away). I was able to 18 of the 24 sets. Yeah!

Tina (meluvstampin),

Thank you for letting me know. I think the Micheal's stores were getting tired of me calling. I start checking the local scrapping & stamping stores for the 6 set I didn't get.

Kelly
Old 10-24-2007, 06:45 AM   #73
Insane Embellisher

So where else can we find these? I want the Christmas ones, and keep checking Michaels. but still none...

anyone want to do some shopping for me?
Old 10-24-2007, 08:47 AM   #74
Rubber Obsessor

I could not get an image of these stamps, all I get is an x. when I clicked on
it a thing came up and and said show picture so I clicked on that and the x went away but still no picture.
I used to always get the pictures, but seem to get x's anymore. What is my problem? How can I get pictures that people post? TIA
Old 10-24-2007, 10:42 AM   #75
Crimping Master

I don't see any pictures attached either -- I forget which ones we were talking about -- the clear Christmas ones? I'll try to go to Michael's tomorrow to check. Haven't been in awhile.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:27 PM   #76
Forum Fanatic

The AC Moore in DC had the Christmas ones for $1 each - they were on the side of an endcap near the stamps. I was so excited! I didn't expect to find them anywhere other than Michaels!!
Old 10-26-2007, 03:59 AM   #77
Stazon Splitcoast

CKMom - I sent you a PM. I can pick some of these up for you if you want
Old 10-26-2007, 05:17 AM   #78
Rubber Obsessor

I too want one of each of these sets! my Michaels does not have them

Old 10-26-2007, 06:16 AM   #79
Matboard Maniac

I have been checking the Michaels we have here for the new christmas stamps... Nothing
Old 10-26-2007, 06:17 AM   #80
Compulsive Stamper

Oh, those are adorable! I hope my Mike's has them soon!