Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-23-2008, 06:15 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone bought a JustRite stamper recently?

Like, within the past month or so? I've had mine for several months, and the only thing I don't like is that the horizontal center of the letters is not in line with the horizontal center of the block - so if you have a three letter monogram, the small outside letters are either slightly above, or slightly below, the larger center letter? In other words, the monogram is not perfectly centered! Those of you who have this probably know what I'm talking about, right?

Anyway, I'm cruising the JustRite site tonight and it looks like the monograms in the samples are perfectly centered. Have they fixed this problem? Although, to be honest, I don't think anyone has actually come out and called this a problem or defect - but it really annoys me.

Does anyone have a newer 1 5/8" round wooden stamper? Do the letters line up like you would expect?

Here's an example of mine and what I am talking about here - you can see the A and N are slightly below where I *think* they should be! KWIM? (Ignore my smudges, I was doing this fast)

Thanks!
Aimee

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 02:17 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Sorry, I don't have a new one, but my old ones are the same as the one you own. I'll be interested in the answers. Eileen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 03:27 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Wow... that would annoy me too. I don't have a JustRite stamper, but was thinking about adding one to my Christmas list... I'll be interested to see the responses to this, too. Maybe you could email JustRite too, and see if this is normal or if yours is defective?

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 04:43 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I got one a few months ago and noticed the same thing! Wonder if the new ones are different?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 06:00 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

There's a sale on the circle kits now, and I'm considering buying some but have some questions. How are the circles cut out; I mean, do they fit common punch sizes or do I need to also invest in Nestabilities? Do I have to use their ink things or can I just ink the stampers with the SU! ink pads? ( I love my SU! colors!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 11:56 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Never mind, ladies! I did a search later and found lots of info. Think I'll go for a wood stamp & font to do monograms and maybe get with a friend to do the Baking Ensemble & Harmony Classic Circle II on the 2 for 1 deal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 03:33 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aimee,

I've had mine since June, and it's the same as yours. It annoys me too!

Julie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 03:36 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobkittenView Post
Never mind, ladies! I did a search later and found lots of info. Think I'll go for a wood stamp & font to do monograms and maybe get with a friend to do the Baking Ensemble & Harmony Classic Circle II on the 2 for 1 deal.
What is the 2 for 1 deal? I want to buy some more wood blocks (harmony rectangle) and some letters. I would love to get them 2 for 1!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 03:52 PM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstamperView Post
What is the 2 for 1 deal? I want to buy some more wood blocks (harmony rectangle) and some letters. I would love to get them 2 for 1!!
The 2 for 1 items can be found here, it's a great deal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 04:05 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobkittenView Post
There's a sale on the circle kits now, and I'm considering buying some but have some questions. How are the circles cut out; I mean, do they fit common punch sizes or do I need to also invest in Nestabilities? Do I have to use their ink things or can I just ink the stampers with the SU! ink pads? ( I love my SU! colors!)
If you want to use your SU ink pads, then get the wooden stamper, not the monogram kit. That's what I did (I also bought the monogram kit too which I hardly ever use). Then you can use it like a regular stamp and ink it up with whatever color you want. I was using my nesties and/or martha stewart circle cutter, but I've found it easier to use a 1 3/4" circle punch. First I stamp, then punch out. Much easier this way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 05:08 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default My monogram

I just got the wood stamper set. Special occasions font. I think it looks evenly spaced. It's a little hard to tell with the "G" and the "J".
Attached Thumbnails
Has anyone bought a JustRite stamper recently?-monogram-sample.jpg  
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 05:27 PM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetJView Post
I just got the wood stamper set. Special occasions font. I think it looks evenly spaced. It's a little hard to tell with the "G" and the "J".
hey that looks good! Would you mind posting a picture of your stamp without a border and letters attached? I want to see how the ridges line up. TFS!!!

Aimee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 05:29 PM   #13  
Forum Fanatic

My self-inking one looks just like the OP's - I've had it for months and never used it b/c every time I go to use it the fact that they can't be centered (as far as I know) perfectly just drives me nuts LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 05:37 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah, Mine are slightly 'off' too. I have trouble getting the surface of the letters to ink up well. Some are better than others but today I was working with an M and had to make like 12 to get 5 that looked good enough to emboss. Even then, I had to use my versamark pen to fill in a few spots. I tried putting more paper under my stamping area, finally got out my spongy nestability pads (forget what they are called but you use them when you use the nesties in the CB) and that helped a little...but it was maddening. One of my wooden stampers I don't think is lined up evenly with the JUSTRITE on the outside of the stamp. I think the directions says that if you line up the JUST RITE it will position your stamp straight..but it's always crooked when I line mine up so I ahve to remember to tilt the stamp to one side to make the stamp straignt on my envelope!

Well, all in all, they are worth the investement...but these 'little quirks' can be frustrating.

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 05:39 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, I would agree it's easier to stamp then punch out...but I like monogramming the envelope flap and end up tossing a few cuz they are crooked.....

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 05:40 PM   #16  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by BethhartleyView Post
Yeah, Mine are slightly 'off' too. I have trouble getting the surface of the letters to ink up well. Some are better than others but today I was working with an M and had to make like 12 to get 5 that looked good enough to emboss. Even then, I had to use my versamark pen to fill in a few spots. I tried putting more paper under my stamping area, finally got out my spongy nestability pads (forget what they are called but you use them when you use the nesties in the CB) and that helped a little...but it was maddening. One of my wooden stampers I don't think is lined up evenly with the JUSTRITE on the outside of the stamp. I think the directions says that if you line up the JUST RITE it will position your stamp straight..but it's always crooked when I line mine up so I ahve to remember to tilt the stamp to one side to make the stamp straignt on my envelope!

Well, all in all, they are worth the investement...but these 'little quirks' can be frustrating.
I noticed that with mine too - it helps if you "condition" them to remove the residue from production - usually a good scrubbing in a stamp scrubber works, or rubbing them on your jeans (LOL that's what I usually do as long as they're clean first!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 05:59 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Amy. I'll try that. I do have the su scrubber pad thingy but I know I need to clean the pads. Love your jeans idea! lOL!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 06:07 PM   #18  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Thanks, Amy. I'll try that. I do have the su scrubber pad thingy but I know I need to clean the pads. Love your jeans idea! lOL!
Hey it works LOL - usually faster than using the scrubber and yeah if the scrubber is dirty the production residue that is on the stamps can actually pick that up - you'll see it when you try it - they end up looking almost greasy - so it definitely helps to either use a CLEAN scrubber or your jeans or something similar (some ppl use an eraser or really fine grit sanding paper - I am too lazy for that)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2008, 06:10 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, I remember someone mentioning sand paper and I could NOT figure that out but now it makes sense. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 02:13 AM   #20  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
So are the non-centered ones only the self inking or the wooden ones? I have a wooden stamper but I don't have the big letters.
I have two wooden monogram stampers that I purchased when they first came out and they are not centered - drives me nuts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 02:27 AM   #21  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Yeah, that too. I fixed that by marking a line with a sharpie pen on each end of the wooden block where the center axis actually lies. A picture would probably help here? I'll try to post what I did when I get home from work.

Aimee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 05:01 AM   #22  
Mad Swapper

Ok... so curiosity killed the cat and I emailed JustRite to see if the way your letters were positioned was normal, and here is their response:
"We have changed the number of legs on the back side of our 50 point font so that it has 2 legs versus 3 and it now has the capability to evenly center. Anything that you order from our site that is in green and white packaging has the correct leg configuration. ( All the items in our 2 for 1 sale will evenly center)"

Hope this helps!! Have a great day!

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 05:57 AM   #23  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSUKim05View Post
Ok... so curiosity killed the cat and I emailed JustRite to see if the way your letters were positioned was normal, and here is their response:
"We have changed the number of legs on the back side of our 50 point font so that it has 2 legs versus 3 and it now has the capability to evenly center. Anything that you order from our site that is in green and white packaging has the correct leg configuration. ( All the items in our 2 for 1 sale will evenly center)"

Hope this helps!! Have a great day!
Thanks for posting this! I emailed them but it must not have gotten through. I wonder now if I need to order new fonts or if I need new blocks? It kind of sounds like I need new font sets! Time to hit the sale!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 11:36 AM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

I got my first two sets yesterday...then went and ordered the 2 for 1 on all sets so I could give to my sisters for Christmas.

I am very frustrated with the fact that they will not stamp a good image even on a totally flat surface. I know they are totally inked because I turned the stamp over and applied my ink that way...still with pushing down pretty hard a good part of my image wont stamp. I might be sending all this stuff back...how sad.

Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 11:43 AM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

With new stamps that don't "ink up" really well. I try rubbing them with an old fashioned pink rubber eraser. It usually works.

Come to think of it, the pink rubber eraser has helped out with used stamps that I picked up at the Goodwill Store too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 11:46 AM   #26  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I got my first two sets yesterday...then went and ordered the 2 for 1 on all sets so I could give to my sisters for Christmas.

I am very frustrated with the fact that they will not stamp a good image even on a totally flat surface. I know they are totally inked because I turned the stamp over and applied my ink that way...still with pushing down pretty hard a good part of my image wont stamp. I might be sending all this stuff back...how sad.

Blessings.
Since these have no cushion you need to cushion underneath, I use a mouse pad. Makes a huge difference. Also, try using the eraser as suggested above.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 11:47 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierMamaView Post
hey that looks good! Would you mind posting a picture of your stamp without a border and letters attached? I want to see how the ridges line up. TFS!!!

Aimee
I was just trying to figure out how to get a good picture when I read the later post about how JustRite has changed the number of "legs" on the backs of the fonts. So that would account for the difference. Mine have just 2 "legs" on the smaller letters.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 11:53 AM   #28  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post

Blessings.
I am having the same problem. I bought the Christmas Ensemble. The stamps seem to "repel" the ink. It is driving me crazy, cause I had big plans for this set. Can I send them back?

https://momomakes.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 02:26 PM   #29  
Die Cut Diva

I have found that pigment ink gives me a better image with the JustRite stampers.

�Any time we can�t solve it, we have to manage it, until we can start to solve it again.� ~Tony Blair
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2008, 02:45 PM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

My problem is not the stamp holding the ink I used Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink. My problem is trying to stamp and get an entire image. It seems like the image is not all flat on the stamper so the image doesnt all stamp...does that make sense? I turned the stamp over to be sure it was well covered with ink.
I was so excited about these too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 05:58 PM   #31  
Compulsive Stamper

Hmmm...I was thinking of getting some of these products..think I'll wait a bit and see how it goes with everyones purchases. Thanks for sharing!

Rook's Ramblings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2008, 04:07 PM   #32  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out this tutorial on conditioning the JustRite stamps...

Conditioning JustRite™ Stamps Tutorials at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #33  
Forum Fanatic

I saw this a few days ago. I just can't see having to go through 7 steps to get a stamp to stamp a clear image! Shouldn't they make them so you can use them as is?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2008, 04:42 PM   #34  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone on the Cricut Lovers (or was that Cutters Creek) Yahoo group suggested to rub the stamps on a paper bag to condition the stamps. Anything that would work to help remove the residue that pretty much all stamps have. I've found that just inking up the stamps and then stamping off... and cleaning the ink off then repeating that seems to condition them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 06:06 AM   #35  
Forum Fanatic

Hubby is going to Walmart. I'm sending for a "7 way nail buffer". I'm going to try the tutorial. I need to be able to use this set for Christmas goodies!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 09:21 AM   #36  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainmomView Post
Hubby is going to Walmart. I'm sending for a "7 way nail buffer". I'm going to try the tutorial. I need to be able to use this set for Christmas goodies!
Good luck!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2008, 09:45 AM   #37  
Forum Fanatic

I just finished conditioning and trimming the Christmas Emsemble. It was a lot of work, but I have to say it was worth it. The results are good. Thank goodness for Sharon Johnson and her tutorial!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 03:02 AM   #38  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainmomView Post
I am having the same problem. I bought the Christmas Ensemble. The stamps seem to "repel" the ink. It is driving me crazy, cause I had big plans for this set. Can I send them back?
I just got the x-mas set too and it seems to repel anything but craft ink! Just regular SU ink doesn't seem to work well....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2008, 09:35 AM   #39  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeartfeltGreetingsView Post
I just got the x-mas set too and it seems to repel anything but craft ink! Just regular SU ink doesn't seem to work well....
If you will follow the tutuorial posted above, you will be able to use your regular SU ink. I only had to go as far as "side 3" on the 7 way buffer to get a great image.

My opinion is that they need to make the stamps so all this isn't necessary!

Reply With Quote Likes