Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-13-2010, 02:20 PM   #41
Glitter Guru

Even with the shipping, they are cheaper than other places and you'll be surprised at the size of the box... I think it was worth it, JMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebarb2 View Post
I went to order some test tubes from SKS and my shipping was over $12 for a $21 order. Yikes! You'd think they could send 48 little test tubes for less than $12! Anyone know of anywhere you can get them for less?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:37 AM   #42
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteri1 View Post
i was joyously wrong. the tubes from lake charles labs also fit skittles, smarties, and sugar babies. not the best halloween treats but oh well kids, deal with it! i can also put pixy stick powder, or hot chocolate in (for xmas.)

jen- if you want me to check my local michael's, i'd be happy to, and then send them, as long as you pay shipping. email me at [email protected].
Misteri1...whew! I just ordered from this company too and was freaking out when I read your first post! Do M&Ms fit? Plain one, not peanut. After I ordered them I worried and worried about this and my order isnt due to arrive til tomorrow. I saw them on a girl's website and she had skittles in them so I knew they would fit that but didnt know about M&Ms since she didnt say.

Even if the M&Ms dont fit, I plan to buy some of the Sixlits candy from Party City that are bags that are all one color and make them up for different events. I have a Ticket for the Cure event next Thursday and plan to put pink Sixlits in them. I plan to do Christmas ones for a craft show I am doing in early December and put brown colored candy in and make Reindeer Poop (Reindeer Food for those offended by the word Poop!), white candy or light blue candy and make Snowman Poop (Snowman Food for those offended by the word Poop again), green candy in and Make Grinch Pills and so on and so forth.

These plastic tubes are FDA food-safe approved (which is important!) and also I figured easier to fill than the cello bags others are getting. I plan to buy a funnel that will fit in the tubes that I can just pour the candy in so I dont have to touch it. I just love the look of the test tubes. I got white plastic caps to put in them instead of the cork because I figured the plastic would hold up better in trasporting them but I do love the look of the cork ones. I decided to get the huge lot of them....1000....so they ended up costing me about 13 cents each with the tube and plastic lid. I will make up a bunch fillled with candy and then just sell kits for people to make their own also and sell off some that I dont need.

Here is the link to the site I got them from and the ones that I ordered that the other girl ordered and filled with skittles. I will post back here when my order arrives and I try different things in them to see what fits!

Here are the test tubes I ordered: 16x125mm Polystyrene Plastic Tubes

This size measures out to about 11/16" round (so a little less than 3/4") and 5" long

Here are the lids I ordered: 16mm Hollow Bottom Caps (Multi-Color)
I got just white caps so they will go with any holiday.

Here are the cork lids that fit them also: Cork Stoppers (Size 5)

Here is where I saw the idea and they are so cute! Kerry’s Paper Crafts Craft Fair Goodies: Gross Halloween Test Tubes

Last edited by kspiv; 10-14-2010 at 09:40 AM..
Old 10-14-2010, 10:12 AM   #43
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Yesterday Taylor VanBruggen had a video showing how to make the test tubes into a gift of either bath salts or cake/cupcake sprinkles. Really cute ideas.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:13 PM   #44
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kspiv View Post
Misteri1...whew! I just ordered from this company too and was freaking out when I read your first post! Do M&Ms fit? Plain one, not peanut. After I ordered them I worried and worried about this and my order isnt due to arrive til tomorrow. I saw them on a girl's website and she had skittles in them so I knew they would fit that but didnt know about M&Ms since she didnt say.

Even if the M&Ms dont fit, I plan to buy some of the Sixlits candy from Party City that are bags that are all one color and make them up for different events. I have a Ticket for the Cure event next Thursday and plan to put pink Sixlits in them. I plan to do Christmas ones for a craft show I am doing in early December and put brown colored candy in and make Reindeer Poop (Reindeer Food for those offended by the word Poop!), white candy or light blue candy and make Snowman Poop (Snowman Food for those offended by the word Poop again), green candy in and Make Grinch Pills and so on and so forth.

These plastic tubes are FDA food-safe approved (which is important!) and also I figured easier to fill than the cello bags others are getting. I plan to buy a funnel that will fit in the tubes that I can just pour the candy in so I dont have to touch it. I just love the look of the test tubes. I got white plastic caps to put in them instead of the cork because I figured the plastic would hold up better in trasporting them but I do love the look of the cork ones. I decided to get the huge lot of them....1000....so they ended up costing me about 13 cents each with the tube and plastic lid. I will make up a bunch fillled with candy and then just sell kits for people to make their own also and sell off some that I dont need.

Here is the link to the site I got them from and the ones that I ordered that the other girl ordered and filled with skittles. I will post back here when my order arrives and I try different things in them to see what fits!

Here are the test tubes I ordered: 16x125mm Polystyrene Plastic Tubes

This size measures out to about 11/16" round (so a little less than 3/4") and 5" long

Here are the lids I ordered: 16mm Hollow Bottom Caps (Multi-Color)
I got just white caps so they will go with any holiday.

Here are the cork lids that fit them also: Cork Stoppers (Size 5)

Here is where I saw the idea and they are so cute! Kerry’s Paper Crafts Craft Fair Goodies: Gross Halloween Test Tubes
Okay...back to report. I got mine and I love them, they are so cute!

Only problems...I ordered the huge lot of them and the came in a big box but during transport, they were scratching themselves up because there are no barriers between the tubes. They are just in a big bag together. But once you get candy in them, you dont notice the rub marks.
Also, M&Ms dont fit in them. They wont go all the way to the bottom due to the tapering of the test tube. Sixlets, those lemonhead candies, skittles, other small round ball type candies will fit. Probably chocolate covered things (like raisins and peanuts) will fit also if they arent too big around.

I actually am filling mine with Sixlets candy because you can get single color packages cheaper than M&Ms and also because the candy is gluten-free, nut and peanut free and is made in a facility that is tree nut & peanut free manufacturing. That is important to some people and then you dont have to worry as much about selling it.

12 Sixlets fit in there nicely so you can fill about 40 tubes out of 1 package that I got at Party City. I made pink ones with a tag for Breast Cancer Awareness month for an event I am working Thursday night. I will post a pic when I get home from work but they turned out super cute!!

I cant wait to make a bunch of these for Christmas!! I figured for the cost of a tube filled with 12 Sixlets, it will cost me 25 cents. Add in a few more cents for ribbon and paper for a tag and up that to about 35 cents each.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:14 AM   #45
Glitter Guru

Here is the pic of one filled with Sixlets.
In The Pink Test Tube Treat by kspiv - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers