Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Got my PTI missing die

Today, I got the 'D' die that was missing from my Movers & Shakers: Sliders die set. Don't know the date I re-sent my email regarding the missing die or the response time (don't think it was more than 3 days). The response by Dave was on 3/26 and the postmark on the envelope containing the MIA die was 3/27. It took 10 days from Ohio to California.

They do have some unique dies so I took the chance and ordered another die set before I got the missing die. The turn around time was super fast. Maybe they are working to try and keep up with new orders and slowly getting the backup mess under control???

Anyone else waiting for orders, missing items from partially filled orders or special sets, they are trying to get out from under this mess. Can't say their approach couldn't have been LOTS better but....

This fiasco has been like throwing a match in a forest that turn into a HUGE wildfire. Hope everyone's problems get straightened out.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

So glad to hear this! I had a problem with a stamp, and got my replacement last Saturday.

I hope to hear from others that their problems have been resolved, because like I stated on another thread, PTI is a company whose products I love.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Just want to bump this up so other will know the PTI is trying to untangle their mess....

Don't give up hope. Too bad a company with good products didn't view the 'big picture' - if you have something to sell, you have to deliver to your customers and treat them with respect.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

That's a long time to that USPS had in their possession (somewhere).
Old 04-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamper for funView Post
That's a long time to that USPS had in their possession (somewhere).
Yes, but it's not unusual. USPS is hit and miss with its delivery, which is why I shake my head at people who rant about not getting their purchases in less than a week.

Sometimes it's really hard to comprehend the impatience of crafters ... especially those who insist on a 3-day turnaround then put the purchased item on a shelf and don't use it for a month, six months or ever. LOL
Old 04-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Back in the day the rule of thumb was "allow 6-8 weeks for delivery". I will take a week to 10 days over the old rule. With the post office cutting back and closures it could get worse unless you are willing to pay big bucks

Bonnie
Old 04-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Since I have some experience in shipping I can tell you that just because the postage label affixed to the package is dated, does not mean that the package was actually picked up by or taken to the post office on that date. Those labels are put on packages by the shipper and who knows what date the shipper actually gets them to the post office. It may not be the post office that took that much time to get a package to its destination, but the delay of a shipper to get a posted package to the post office.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen3000View Post
Since I have some experience in shipping I can tell you that just because the postage label affixed to the package is dated, does not mean that the package was actually picked up by or taken to the post office on that date. Those labels are put on packages by the shipper and who knows what date the shipper actually gets them to the post office. It may not be the post office that took that much time to get a package to its destination, but the delay of a shipper to get a posted package to the post office.
Cant a business get in trouble for the dates on the postage tapes? I worked at a small insurance broker office and we would get warnings from the post office if someone would a little too often back date a postage tape. They even threatened to take the postage machine away one time.

Bonnie
Old 04-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Yes, I believe they can. Our post office does not want packages with old dates on postage. I don't know, however, if it is up to the individual post offices to enforce the policy and what, if any, penalty they can impose. We just make our best effort to know when a package will actually go to the post office and put that date on the postage.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #10  
Compulsive Stamper

It's just odd that some companies seem to continually have problems "with the post office' and some never do. I find that interesting.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

I know we complain about USPS but our postage rates are very reasonable. But....sometimes it takes longer to get across town than to come from another country. I had a relative living on Japan and I got her letters faster than a card from across town.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

I am glad to here something positive about PTI. I have been wanting to order Signature Greetings to use on cards for OWH.. but was leary of ordering.

As far as the USPS goes.. it took 12 days for package to get from TN to TX via Priority Mail.. and it's usually at least 7-10.. even for first class. I have just learned to have patience when waiting for something from that neck of the woods.. but I can send something via UPS and it will get there in 3 days.. 2 days to LA where my son is stationed.

again.. thanks for posting about the positive note. I was searching nearly every day in the BST forum looking for something that might have one for sale.

blessings ~ Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Old 04-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2talkView Post
It's just odd that some companies seem to continually have problems "with the post office' and some never do. I find that interesting.
That could be due to the actual post office that serves a particular location. I am between two. I can mail from one and it will take longer than the other. The slow one is smaller. And the attitudes in each office is different ends of the spectrum. The small crabby one hates when I mail swaps and picks my packaging apart. One swap set the envelope arrived emptied. The other one loves to see the stuff even the men! And will add tape etc for reinforcement.
I tend to feel, in my opinion, that the post office is the cause more often than not

Bonnie
Old 04-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #14  
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbornewifeView Post
I am glad to here something positive about PTI. I have been wanting to order Signature Greetings to use on cards for OWH.. but was leary of ordering.

As far as the USPS goes.. it took 12 days for package to get from TN to TX via Priority Mail.. and it's usually at least 7-10.. even for first class. I have just learned to have patience when waiting for something from that neck of the woods.. but I can send something via UPS and it will get there in 3 days.. 2 days to LA where my son is stationed.

again.. thanks for posting about the positive note. I was searching nearly every day in the BST forum looking for something that might have one for sale.

blessings ~ Pam
Interesting- I sent something on Wednesday from TN to CA and it arrived- first class on Friday
Old 04-08-2012, 06:05 AM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2talkView Post
I find it odd too.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamijoView Post
Interesting- I sent something on Wednesday from TN to CA and it arrived- first class on Friday

Wow.. now that's fast. It could be the Post Office here. I live on a military post and the post office off post handles our mail.. even though there is an office over on main post. I have had numerous people contact me saying they have sent something to me, to only have it returned saying that the address was wrong, or no one was here at that address.. the address they used is correct, they resend it and it gets here.. strangest thing. We are moving again (just moved from NC to TX last July) in July.. back to NC. and the house I have picked out there has a super easy address.. one that the PO is surely not apt to screw up the mail delivery with.

~ Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Old 04-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

I placed an order at PTI Thursday afternoon and its is out for delivery in Omaha today. I got order confirmation and a tracking number on Thursday. I checked the status several times over the weekend and nothing showed up until late yesterday and it showed it still in Cincinnatti and then I look today and it is out for delivery in my my neighborhood.

I know there are other issues at PTI but I am not sure that some of the slow shipping is truly their fault. I think its the tracking info.

I have attached the tracking info

Bonnie
Attached Thumbnails
Got my PTI missing die-ptitracking.jpg  
Old 04-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

I have to admit, I love PTI stuff. Their movers and shakers line is amazing!!! And I love their paper, which is me is really reasonable.