Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-05-2007, 05:24 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forever Postage Stamp

I recently went to the post office and of course, I had to ask about the new postage rate coming up in May. The clerk stated that the new "Forever" stamp would be out mid April. He stated that the stamp was pretty much useless because 1. it would only be on sale for a couple of months, 2. you really don't save anything until the next increase in the postage rate, and 3. you buy it at the same rate as the new stamp so if you use it before another increase, it's like using the regular stamp.

So, how many of you are going to buy the forever stamp and is it worth it being that the increases are only 3 to 4 cents each time (what is that? 2 or 3years?) Also, why are people charged 16 cents extra for square cards???

Cheers!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2007, 06:33 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Yes, I will be buying the Forever stamp. I send out 15 cards every holiday like Easter, Valentines day and so on.I send at least 50-60 cards Christmas . I will buy the Forever stamp and put them aside until the next rate increase which will probably be a year from this April. It may only save me a little but it is worth it to me.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2007, 09:51 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappersister
Yes, I will be buying the Forever stamp. I send out 15 cards every holiday like Easter, Valentines day and so on.I send at least 50-60 cards Christmas . I will buy the Forever stamp and put them aside until the next rate increase which will probably be a year from this April. It may only save me a little but it is worth it to me.

Mary
ditto, anything to make life easier! Just have to remember where I put them
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2007, 10:13 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Explain to me this forever stamp, I have heard the name mentioned, but nothing else.
Thanks
Amy
My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2007, 10:41 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by acgrabia
Explain to me this forever stamp, I have heard the name mentioned, but nothing else.
Thanks
Amy
I googled it, and it sounds like USPS's version of those Permanent stamps which Canada Post released this past winter.

Quote:

Introducing PERMANENT(TM) Stamps, which retain their value forever and eliminate the need to purchase 1� stamps after a rate increase. Use it to mail a letter that weighs up to 30 grams to any address in Canada.

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2007, 03:35 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

These post office quirks are a mystery to me. I'll probably buy a few of these forever stamps, but like a previous poster said, I'll probably put them aside and then lose them!

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2007, 04:10 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I think it's great for those of us that buy a large amounts of stamps at a time. Say I buy a roll (100 stamps) the week before the rate changes, I won't have to buy the one cent stamps after and then have a stack of those sitting around until the next rate change. I don't see it as some big investment but a convience thru the rate change.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2007, 04:18 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miabel
I recently went to the post office and of course, I had to ask about the new postage rate coming up in May. The clerk stated that the new "Forever" stamp would be out mid April. He stated that the stamp was pretty much useless because 1. it would only be on sale for a couple of months, 2. you really don't save anything until the next increase in the postage rate, and 3. you buy it at the same rate as the new stamp so if you use it before another increase, it's like using the regular stamp.

So, how many of you are going to buy the forever stamp and is it worth it being that the increases are only 3 to 4 cents each time (what is that? 2 or 3years?) Also, why are people charged 16 cents extra for square cards???

Cheers!

they have to be hand canceled is what i understand. if they go thru the machine the stamp might not get canceled... and the readers...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2007, 05:17 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hmmm..so ya would think they could come up with the technology to get those stamps cancelled as well! : ) Interesting.

I'm going to buy the forever stamps, just to say I have them but as a few of you have stated, I'll be looking for them FOREVER because I won't remember where I stashed 'em!
Reply With Quote Likes