Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-04-2007, 03:44 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feedback on ordering from Frugalities?

A while back someone posted about ordering from this website. I found a lot of things and placed an order over $100. When it arrived all of the glass Prima bottles were grouped into the same shrink wrapped package and one of them had broken into many little shards of glass. I did not open it but rather sent that part of the package back.

Yesterday a replacement came. However, they sent me the same items that had been in with the broken bottle...how do I know for sure? Because there are still glass shards stuck to the items that I got in the NEW order.

I was stamping on our kitchen table and didn't realize there was broken pieces of glass on the table from the bottles until I went to sweep some paper scraps off and got stuck with one. Looking at the label on the prima bottle you can see other little slivers of glass still stuck. I'm not very happy with their replacement right now and would like to hear if anyone has had trouble with their orders.

They said I would be re-imbursed $7.79 for the postage but later emailed to say it is credited on my account with them. I don't plan to order again after this mess. :( Wouldn't you think they'd send new bottles instead of the ones that were packaged with the broken bottle?

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 03:49 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Wow. I'm like you and would have assumed new ones would be sent. Or at the very least the broken glass wiped off! I'd make sure you tell them. Did you get the glass out of your hadn?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 04:09 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Like Tami said...Wow!
Definitely contact their Customer Service and speak to someone about this. Also I would ask them about the reimbursement isssue. I would expect more from them, and not my returned broken shards!! :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 04:11 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, I would think they'd either carefully clean the bottles or totally replace them. And the credit is stinky because who would know if you want to order again and it's not like you returned because you changed your mind or something, it was broken...

:( for you.

My stuff was packed great and came two days after my shipping notice and I love it all. I'm sorry you had a stinky experience.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 04:59 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

That's really bizarre! They should have replaced them with a brand new product.

My orders came in pristine shape within reasonable shipping time. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience! I bet after this thread they reimburse you properly.

Wild Rose Stamper blog
SCS gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2007, 05:07 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Funny you should ask... I placed my first order on July 6th... I have yet to get it... lost by fedex and they were to send out another order... so far .. no order... I placed a second order about 3 weeks ago and just got an email that said they shipped out my order on the 3rd of August... Got a package today... it was for someone else!!! ~sigh~ I am ready to throw in the towel !!!!
God bless
Nyoka
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2007, 02:02 AM   #7  
Forum Fanatic

I refuse to order from them - they wanted $165 shipping on a $75 order. they also don't ship to APO addresses so I prefer to direct my business elsewhere.

Sorry to hear they are treating you poorly. I hope no one was hurt by the glass pieces.

CMC
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2007, 02:08 AM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

OOPS - you WERE hurt - I am so sorry! I know people who have sued companies if they ended up with scars as a result. You'd think they'd be more careful and not cut corners like that to save $$$.

If you have it in writing fro them that they would refund the $$$, then you deserve a refund, not a credit.

I accidentally broke a candy dish over a year ago and am STILL finding little bits! I hope they give you your money back and that this is the end of this mess!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2007, 02:33 AM   #9  
Embossing Fanatic

I had thought about ordering from this company but after reading all this, have reconsidered. Many other good companies to do business with. Thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2007, 05:28 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

That sucks. I have placed two orders with them and both times things were packaged very nicely and came in pretty good time. Sorry to hear about your situation. I hope for the sake of their company they do right by you...
Old 08-05-2007, 05:36 AM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

What a BUMMER! I ordered on the 24th of July, didn't pay for expedited shipping, and got in yesterday, Aug 4th. Everything was fine...however it was just a few stamps and some DCWV paper packs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2007, 05:50 AM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

Bummer! Sorry to hear of your bad experiences!
Weird about the broken glass!

I've ordered 4 times- received 3 in perfect shape (and at a phenomenal price) and waiting for the fourth~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2007, 06:37 AM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

Well, not to give them a bad wrap.... things happen..... and to be honest they have been nice in the customer service department... just a fluke I guess... I would just like to get my stamps that I have waited a long time for!
God bless
Nyoka
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2007, 06:43 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

I ordered in early/mid July and it seemed to take forever for my order to arrive but it was wrapped great and I am happy with everything - the Cherry Blossom stamp is actually almost a BG stamp size and I was expecting it to be smaller so I am happy. Hope they will clear up and reimburse you for your trouble. Broken glass is no laughing matter. Don't ease up on your request for refund. We all order A LOT of stuff and maybe they need to realize that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2007, 07:15 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

I ordered from them and am thrilled with my package. I think it's great that they package their orders the way that they do, if they didn't do that your ENTIRE order would have been covered in glass from that broken bottle. Thankfully it was just the prima bottles that were affected. I don't see anything wrong with them sending the unbroken prima bottles back to you, but you'd have thought they would have wiped them down. Technically, those bottles are not defective, the product that is in them (which is what you bought) is unaffected. But again, they should have at least wiped down the bottles.

As far as the complaints on the shipping, their website clearly states that their shipping takes a long time. I was fine with waiting because the price was unbeatable and the long ship time was disclosed appropriately.

I do NOT like their policy of issuing you an "order credit" This alone will probably prevent me from ordering again. That part just stinks! They should refund the credit card used to pay for the order.

all in all...i'm very sorry you got a cut...that part really stinks! Focus on the positive and that would be the incredibly awesome CHEAP price that you got everything for!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2007, 07:22 AM   #16  
Crimping Master

I have placed one order with them, rec in two week period of time and in pristine condition and superior packaging. I will definitly order from them again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2007, 08:59 AM   #17  
Gabfest Goddess

sounds like someone that day was NOT thinking on how to package, and how uncool to send the same thing back. I'd call them and give them the word on it and tell them what you want like NOT a credit, but a refund. You have the right to that.

Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2007, 09:19 AM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

I was on Frugalities yesterday and they were offering 47% off everything. I looked for their shipping price but all I could find was statement that I should put the items in my shopping cart and proceed through the checkout process to see how much shipping would be. First, I don't like doing that. Second, after adding four stamps and proceeding on I found shipping would be $8.00. I don't care how much I will save, that seemed outrageous to me. The shipping added $2.00 per stamp to my total. I emptied my cart, closed down my browser (which my husband says I should do every time I order something on line). I then went to All That Scraps and ordered the same stamps. Their prices are a little higher, but there is no shipping on orders over $10.00. I don't think I will return to Frugalities in the future. I do know there are lots of people who are very satisfied with the site and their service, but I refuse to pay that kind of shipping for four small stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2007, 10:19 AM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

I respectfully disagree - in my opinion, the same bottles should not be sent out again if they were in the enclosed package with broken glass. It was more than just the Primas in the one shrink wrapped package. The other items in the package (not Primas) were also sent back since they were in the package. They sent these back in my replacement package too. The glass scraped/scratched bottles and labels.

The second shipment had each bottle wrapped in bubble wrap & taped which was great, but I'm still not happy with re-sending products that had glass slivers. I'm sure the tiny wound will heal fine, but in the meanwhile, it is one of those aggravating things that I felt could have been prevented.

The company is right here in WA where I live, so long shipping is not a problem for me. Good to hear that some of you have had good experiences -- mine would have been good if not for the broken glass. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalkaskamzView Post
I ordered from them and am thrilled with my package. I think it's great that they package their orders the way that they do, if they didn't do that your ENTIRE order would have been covered in glass from that broken bottle. Thankfully it was just the prima bottles that were affected. I don't see anything wrong with them sending the unbroken prima bottles back to you, but you'd have thought they would have wiped them down. Technically, those bottles are not defective, the product that is in them (which is what you bought) is unaffected. But again, they should have at least wiped down the bottles.

As far as the complaints on the shipping, their website clearly states that their shipping takes a long time. I was fine with waiting because the price was unbeatable and the long ship time was disclosed appropriately.

I do NOT like their policy of issuing you an "order credit" This alone will probably prevent me from ordering again. That part just stinks! They should refund the credit card used to pay for the order.

all in all...i'm very sorry you got a cut...that part really stinks! Focus on the positive and that would be the incredibly awesome CHEAP price that you got everything for!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2007, 10:42 AM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I agree shipping is a bit slow but I've ordered three times and have had good experiences all three times. I've ordered when it was 49% off retail though and the 7.95 for shipping seemed reasonable compared to when I've bought from Joann's.com or other online stores.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2007, 11:30 AM   #21  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_place_for_inkView Post
I respectfully disagree - in my opinion, the same bottles should not be sent out again if they were in the enclosed package with broken glass. It was more than just the Primas in the one shrink wrapped package. The other items in the package (not Primas) were also sent back since they were in the package. They sent these back in my replacement package too. The glass scraped/scratched bottles and labels.

The second shipment had each bottle wrapped in bubble wrap & taped which was great, but I'm still not happy with re-sending products that had glass slivers. I'm sure the tiny wound will heal fine, but in the meanwhile, it is one of those aggravating things that I felt could have been prevented.

The company is right here in WA where I live, so long shipping is not a problem for me. Good to hear that some of you have had good experiences -- mine would have been good if not for the broken glass. :(

I wholeheartedly agree with you!! Things get broken in the mail... but to re-send product with broken glass? Unforgivable... and I don't care how big the discount, there is no excuse for this.

I am at my stamp class right now... there are 37 women here who are just as horrified as me and will NEVER order from Frugalities again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2007, 11:48 AM   #22  
Rubber Obsessor

My first order came - packed very well and faster than I expected - just placed another order last night (47% discount on BG paper!!) and was pleased with price of paper as well as shipping cost. Hopefully it will come as fast as first order!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2007, 01:59 PM   #23  
Watercolor Wizard

broken glass scares me! I ordered from them and had no problems but I'm sorry you did.

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2007, 09:44 PM   #24  
Forum Fanatic

A lot of places have free shipping:

morethanink.com has free shipping with a $50 order (and flat rates on big things like the BIA) including those big Uchida scalloped punches (I just got a bunch)

Papertreyink.com has free shipping with a $40 purchase

joann.com has free shipping with purchase offers pretty regularly, so if you can be patient +/- a week it is relatively easy to get free shipping with them too

So there are other companies out there with great deals on free shipping if you take a little time to check them out.

(And I still say unless a store is clear that "no refunds will be issued" than you are ENTITLED to that refund - not paternalistically decide FOR YOU that you would rather have a credit; I have not seem any online retailers with this disclaimer yet, unless they specifically referred to discounted products) Good luck - I hope you get your $$ back - you deserve it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2007, 03:29 AM   #25  
Rubber Obsessor

I had no problem with my orders. For your order, I would have expected them to clean up the broken glass and only replace the one that broke. I would contact them about getting a refund and not a store credit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2007, 04:25 PM   #26  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry you had such trouble! I've had very good luck in dealing with them. In fact, just today I got my third order from them and notification that my fourth order has been shipped.
There was an extra item in my order (a cat's eye stlus set, which I hadn't ordered), so I e-mailed them asking what I should do with it. They replied, saying that it was their mistake, and I should keep the item, free of charge!
Free stuff....yippee![IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif[/IMG]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2007, 10:52 PM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

GOOD NEWS UPDATE:

Frugalities emailed me back today saying that yes, they had sent me back the same items which were in the package with broken glass. They had tried to wipe the bottles down to the best of their ability and were not aware of any glass on the labels (it was actually under the screw-on lids and stuck to the "got flowers" sticker label that holds the lid on showing product has not been opened- there was lots of glass stuck to that sticker part). They sent the same items back to me because they were no longer in stock/available.

In any case, they offered to refund the $44 in product which was in that package and apologized for the problems with the order. That is a lot more than what the cost of my return postage was, so I cannot complain.

I only hope that in the future if that happens with any other orders that you are all very careful in opening your items. No one wants to have glass unexpectedly poking or hurting anyone!

Please DO continue to shop there - I feel they did what they could to make this situation right and did not ask for me to write anything 'taking back' what I said/wrote. (I did not tell them I had asked for feedback on them over here at SCS, but it's only fair to tell all of you the good thing that they did also - there you have it).

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #28  
Mad Swapper

BI'am not happy wid them..I bought stuff over $100..assuming I wont be able to buy again as my parents were on vacation to U.S...so they can get my stuff..
But one stamp was missing in the shippment but I never recvd mail regarding it after my shipment notice.
I mailed them & asked them will they refund me back..??

And my card has already been charged for it..
And there is no mail from their side...

Atleast it was my first & the last time.....that I'm shoppin wid them..!!

No more shoppin with frugalities.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2007, 11:31 PM   #29  
Forum Fanatic

Congratulations Elaine! I am very glad you got your refund, as you were legally entitled.

I am just glad you were not seriously hurt - or that kids or pets didn't get hurt by the glass.

I still will not be shopping from this company. Lots of other retailers out there with terrific customer service from start to finish, and free shipping too! I would rather throw my business in their direction. ;)

Have a great week!
Reply With Quote Likes