Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-23-2007, 03:47 PM   #41
Kookie Creator

I am always amazed if someone favorites any of my cards and so I don't really mind if a comment is not left.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-23-2007, 03:55 PM   #42
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

I comment whenever I have time, but I cruise the gallery while eating lunch or folding towels and stuff and it's way easier to just click a mouse button with one hand than type out a comment. And I think favoriting and commenting are equal compliments.

Laugh Hard. Run Fast. Be Kind
- Twelve
Old 10-23-2007, 04:20 PM   #43
Rubber Obsessor

I am guilty of the favoriting w/o commenting. I am so new at this, I was tickled to have learned how to actually favorite something. LOL! I don't want to sound like a real lame-brain, but there's a lot to learn, with uploading and starting galleries, and putting in links, etc. I haven't figured it all out yet, so I haven't started a gallery yet. But when I do, and I case a card from my favorites, I will have the information available to give credit to the card that inspired my version, because it's all there in my favorites. So please don't be too hard on the favoriting/non-commenters. They may be just learning like me.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:08 PM   #44
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by momis mamaView Post
just had to try it...

doesn't work for me!
Try holding down the Ctrl key while clicking.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:41 PM   #45
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by deiparaView Post
Try holding down the Ctrl key while clicking.
Hey that works! How cool is that?!
Old 10-23-2007, 08:47 PM   #46
Pearl-ExPert

Now that card has 40 Favorited and 20 comments. That's a lucky card.
I have one that has been favorited over 60 times and that is a HUGE HUGE compliment for me. And when I get hundreds of views on a card I am thrilled. I try to comment as much as I can especially if they left me a comment. As with everyone it is dependent on available time.

DT Member -Technique Tuesday, Embellish Magazine, Loonie Stampers
Old 10-24-2007, 01:00 AM   #47
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

I'm actually LESS likely to comment if a card already has even just 6 comments, because there are so many that just have 1-3 comments. I'm much more likely to take the time to comment on those.

And yes, I've always been amazed that any of my cards got favorited!!!! And happy, and don't care about comments. LOL

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Old 10-24-2007, 03:05 AM   #48
Insane Embellisher

I used to always leave a comment when I favorited a card, but now I'm surfing one-handed with a baby on my lap, so things go to my favorites without comments. However, I routinely clean out my favorites because my style and talents change. I always make sure that I've left a comment on that card before I Remove from Favorites.

Melissa

My teeny tiny gallery:
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...00&ppuser=9246
Old 10-24-2007, 03:15 AM   #49
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Coordinator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrslairdView Post
I comment whenever I have time, but I cruise the gallery while eating lunch or folding towels and stuff and it's way easier to just click a mouse button with one hand than type out a comment. And I think favoriting and commenting are equal compliments.

I'll jump on the dead-horse bandwagon too with you Paula!!!! Favoriting means that more than likely the card is just waiting to be CASE'd which is a huge, huge, huge compliment IMO!!!!

And I sure love to browse the gallery and look at as much as I possibly can!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 03:32 AM   #50
Montague Mingler

I appreciate everyone's opinions here. We're all different and, I hope, we all appreciate the interest our cards receive. The only problem I have with people that don't comment when they fav is that I didn't know they were there! I LOVE to look at the galleries of people who comment on my cards and leave a couple of comments for them (kind of a mutual admiration society!) But, as has been said, views, favorites and comments (of any kind) ALL mean my card was worth a closer look to someone! That's exciting!

My family coat of arms ties at the back... is that normal?
Old 10-24-2007, 03:36 AM   #51
Hardware Hotshot

Boy this comes up a lot here.. .

I do think it is polite to leave a comment if you like something enough to "favorite" it or plan to CASE it. It took that person a lot longer than comment time to upload it for you to see it.

That said, no one owes anyone a comment. But it would just be the nice thing to do. If you are THAT busy that you can't leave a comment...whatcha doin in the gallery? *wink*

Don't let it get to you Geri! Be like the others and consider the favorite-ing a compliment in itself It is.

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Old 10-26-2007, 08:58 AM   #52
Kookie Creator

As a "commenter/favoriter" (heehee) I love to leave comments whenever a card strikes me! But if the card has more than a couple of pages of comments, I usually favorite it and move on.
As a card poster - I get equally excited when someone views, favorites, or leaves a comment! Any of the above makes my toes curl!
When I first started stalking the gallery I was afraid to leave comments because I was afraid people would think my comments would be lame... I guess I was a bit shy.
I think everyone enjoys browsing in their own way. Some click on a card.. smile.. and click on another. Some save it so they can click on it and smile some more later. And some click on it and tell you it made them smile.
I don't post my cards to get comments (not that they aren't welcome!) I post a card and hope it makes someone smile.
And here's a comment for every card in the gallery... I love them all! I've yet to see a handmade card I didn't like!
Old 10-26-2007, 09:04 AM   #53
Matboard Maniac

Sometimes, I'm just looking for ideas or a specific idea for a stamp set. Or something just strikes my fancy. So I favorite it quick so I can go back and savour it at a later time.

My time on the internet is limited, and most of the time my connection is slow, so I'm into getting what I need and getting off.

I know I should be more considerate and leave a comment, but a lot of times, I just don't have the time. It's not that I don't want to, or can't think of anything to say.

So, for the record, I love the cards I've "favorited". And thank you for all of you and your galleries; "favorited" or not; you're a waterfall of inspiration!

Old 10-26-2007, 09:15 AM   #54
Proud Fan Club Member

I always leave a comment before putting someone creation in my favorites.

I have high speed internet and that does help at times.

When I want to view someones photo. I right click and open a new tab or open a new window

This way I don't have to hit the back button.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:10 AM   #55
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCEmilyView Post
Did you know you don't actually have to wait to be redirected? As soon as the screen comes up that says your post or edit had been successful, or this item has been added to your favorites, then you can just click the back button twice and be back where you were before you clicked on that card.
I didn't know that, thanks Emily!! That will help save a few steps and a little time as I'm gallery cruising
Old 10-26-2007, 10:27 AM   #56
Die Cut Diva

I favorite without commenting, I never would think someone would be offended. Sheesh, I'm favoriting it so they HAVE to know it was liked!

Plus I agree with the slooooowness of the screens, sometimes I just dont want to wait around for all the clicking.

And I am more unlikely to comment on a card no matter how breathtaking when there are 4 or 5 PAGES of comments. What else can I say that hasnt been said?

I will tell you that I hold my tongue and dont comment on cards that leave NO INFORMATION!!! That drives me up the wall, no info just the picture and "go to my blog for details".....I always want to comment and ask for the details. And if I like those cards I wont even favorite them because I think that listing your supplies is just a necessary thing to do.

Sorry about that rant.

Commenting, favoriting is the same thing.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:50 PM   #57
Vee
Glitter Guru

Well.......I do try, but if I am in a hurry and looking for a layout to case NOW for an upcoming event, I just favorite and go.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:18 PM   #58

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp4meView Post
For those computer guru's out there, is there not a way to click on a comment to leave and return to the gallery quickly? just a thought.
Here's what I do - when looking at the thumbnails, if I see a card that looks interesting, I right click on it and choose "Open in new window". That doesn't alleviate the number of steps to leaving a comment, but when I'm done, I just close the window, and the gallery is still there. Before I started that, I was always losing my place in the gallery.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:25 PM   #59
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeribeariView Post
I am amazed that so many people click on add to favorites but then don't leave a comment. I feel that if it is pretty or unusual enough to save to Favs that it might warrant a comment?? Am I wrong?
For example this very lovely card was put into Favs 25 times and got 16 comments..curious.
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...09?limit=last1
This is a mystery that will never be answered

I have lots of cards that are favorited twice as many times as the # of comments left on them. I just take it as a compliment that maybe someone was struck by something about the card and meant to come back to it at a later time...
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Old 10-26-2007, 08:02 PM   #60
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin WroseView Post
I'm actually LESS likely to comment if a card already has even just 6 comments, because there are so many that just have 1-3 comments. I'm much more likely to take the time to comment on those.

And yes, I've always been amazed that any of my cards got favorited!!!! And happy, and don't care about comments. LOL
That's how i feel too- if someone has pages of comments, or even several vs some w/none, I'm more likely to comment on the ones with none. Like JulieHRR said- someone just VIEWING my cards is compliment enough (for me anyway!).
Old 11-17-2007, 09:06 AM   #61
Pearl-ExPert

Hi! I'm wondering if people prefer to have me leave a comment on their card when I case something about it and post it in my gallery? What do you think?
Old 11-17-2007, 09:32 AM   #62
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by annascreationsView Post
Hi! I'm wondering if people prefer to have me leave a comment on their card when I case something about it and post it in my gallery? What do you think?

I think that would be the polite thing to do, even if it is not required. Plus it gives the person a chance to check out what you did. I would be really flattered....

Suzy

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Old 11-17-2007, 09:33 AM   #63
Mad Swapper

Me too. I also like to try and comment on cards I like that don't have a lot of comments b/c I know how encouraging that can be when you are still in the learning stage like me

Quote:

Originally Posted by GolfCat69View Post
Sometimes there are already a lot of comments on something I want to favorite and 'hate' to repeat what has already been said. I like comments but I like when people favorite my creations even more.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:22 AM   #64
Stazon Splitcoast

Comments are helpful i.e. if you get alot of "I like your color combo" etc. because repeat and like type comments help your to know what is working on your designs. However, beign favorited is flattery!

I like both and we should do both often for each other!!!
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RED DIVAS!
Old 11-17-2007, 11:04 AM   #65
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by annascreationsView Post
Someone cased one of my cards once and commented about it on the card that inspired them. I was so amazed and happy! So I would love that.

In regards to commenting/favouriting, sometimes when I am looking through the gallery, I suffer from sleep-deprivation headaches (because I ought to be in bed instead), so at those times, I don't leave any comments.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:35 PM   #66
Stampin' Fool

Two things:

I always leave a comment if I have something more definitive to say than, "I love this card!" So, if I haven't left a comment, it's because my thoughts haven't gelled yet about what it is I love about the card. Later, I study my favorites, and I'll often leave a comment then.

I really, really appreciate a complete recipe, since I'm really new at this. If the recipe isn't there, I don't leave a comment because I haven't thought of a nice way to express my disappointment about not being able to figure out what the various elements, colors, stamps are.

Leslie
Old 11-17-2007, 12:49 PM   #67
Pearl-ExPert

Smile

I leave a comment when I add to favorites but I would like to add:

The card in the OP has a blog & many times if you go to the blog (I did not in this case but...) there are comments on the blog. So it is possible that people are "favoriting" on SCS & commenting on that person's blog.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:07 PM   #68
Gabfest Goddess

I don't ever 'favorite' cards because I rarely, if ever, CASE. I do, however, like to view the gallery and leave comments whenever I have the time.
What I do is right click and 'Open in new tab'. That way I can open dozens of cards very quickly, then go back and look at them one at a time and leave a comment. I don't even wait for the comment to register before I open another tab, because I can go back later and close all the open tabs when I'm done commenting.
I also agree that 16 comments is a huge number unless the card is linked to a challenge. Mine used to get a lot, but I'm happy now if a card gets at least five comments, and many cards I love don't even get that many! They just get lost in the daily uploads.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:20 PM   #69
Stampin' Fool

honey, seriously 25 favorites is quite a bit and so is 16 comments. i try to leave a comment but most of the time i'm checking before i got to work or something so i dont have time just add to my favs. no i have one card http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=97995 that has been fav orited 72 times but only 14 comments, to me a favorite is a bigger compliment than words anyways, it means they like it and want to use it later for inspiration.

mAke EacH dAy yOuR MaStERpiEce
Old 11-17-2007, 01:45 PM   #70
Embossing Fanatic

I looked at someone's gallery the otther day, it was posted as an example of a technique I think. When I tried to leave a comment about how great I thought the cards were I got a msg saying I was not authorized to leave a comment (or something like that ). Maybe because I'm new, I don't know but I tried and will try again as I visit the galleries.

*Update-
I just tried again and was able to leave a comment!

Last edited by mbossy; 11-17-2007 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: updating post
Old 11-17-2007, 04:21 PM   #71
Stampin' Fool

I'm also guilty of favoriting without commenting.

Some of SPSers seem big on comments. Everyone's work on here is gorgeous! Do not take it personal that someone adds your work of art to their favorites without commenting. That's a compliment itself!
Old 11-17-2007, 04:27 PM   #72
Stampin' Fool

Wow! I just went to my gallery and saw how many times my cards have been added to someone's favorites! LOL And here I thought my cards weren't creative at all.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:00 PM   #73

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeribeariView Post
I am amazed that so many people click on add to favorites but then don't leave a comment. I feel that if it is pretty or unusual enough to save to Favs that it might warrant a comment?? Am I wrong?
I agree with the sentiment, but I've learned to take a "favorite" as a comment although it would be nice to read the feedback!