Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-19-2009, 02:21 PM   #881
Rubber Obsessor

I tried a system of stamping on notebook sheets and then telling where the stamps were stored. Have lost track again. <G?>

My story too and I'm sticking to it! I can't find much of anything!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-19-2009, 04:23 PM   #882
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyleneView Post
Turn off your ceiling fan while using dazzling diamonds glitter.
ROFL - that's a good one! Sounds like you've learned from experience!
Old 12-19-2009, 04:45 PM   #883
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc_crafterView Post
ROFL - that's a good one! Sounds like you've learned from experience!

Ditto, those are the ones you never forget.
Caterina www.colesfoundation.org www.colespages.com www.kidsunitetofight.com Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks. America will only be the land of the free so long as it is the home of the Brave https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...t-t339556.html
Old 12-21-2009, 05:55 AM   #884
Polyshrink Goddess

Default finding things

I did the same thing. Notebook sheets with stamped pictures on them and then yesterday I found some wonderful birds I didn't know I had.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:15 AM   #885
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected]View Post
I keep a lot of the acrylic stamps on the sheets designed for that but I have some that keep falling off. Anyone know how to make them restick better. It's mostly the dollar ones ( little ) I am having trouble with.
those little "guys" are hard to store, I keep mine in a notebook tucked into a sheet protector used for baseball cards, they fit perfectly (keep them on their original backing, just tuck the entire sheet in), they still are a bit "cranky", but if you are careful it works pretty good.

Diane
Old 01-08-2010, 06:18 AM   #886
Polyshrink Goddess

When my new SU stamps arrive, I always make a copy of the sticker sheet before I apply them to the wood blocks, that way when I am using more then one set I an easily see what set they belong to....sometimes I have several laying out and at clean up time it makes it easier!

Diane
Old 01-08-2010, 06:34 AM   #887
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by doodlegirl2View Post
When my new SU stamps arrive, I always make a copy of the sticker sheet before I apply them to the wood blocks, that way when I am using more then one set I an easily see what set they belong to....sometimes I have several laying out and at clean up time it makes it easier!

Great idea - tfs
Caterina www.colesfoundation.org www.colespages.com www.kidsunitetofight.com Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks. America will only be the land of the free so long as it is the home of the Brave https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...t-t339556.html
Old 01-08-2010, 07:13 AM   #888
Polyshrink Goddess

Default storage

I stamped them in notebooks and noted where I stored the stamps and am the same..... way behind
Old 01-08-2010, 07:15 AM   #889
Polyshrink Goddess

Default storage

Whoops! REplied to my own post... that shows how organized I am. Just put away the Xmas stamps and next thing you know I will need them, if I can remember what I had.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:26 PM   #890
Rubber Obsessor

Bumping this to keep on getting great ideas. Any more tips, anyone?
Old 01-25-2010, 04:50 AM   #891
Polyshrink Goddess

That was a terrific idea, copying the sheets from STampin up. That would be a big help. The new unmounted ones though come in nice cases.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:10 AM   #892
Kookie Creator

Haven't read the entire thread yet so this may be duplicated. When I get new stamps I use a fineline permanent marker and write the name of the stamp on the end of the block and the number, i.e., Party Hearty 1/3. So I know there are three stamps in the set. Makes putting things away after class oh so easy. I use a lot of white glue to assemble tiny things and I use toothpicks to apply it. I have a recycled spice jar full of toothpicks and I can just shake one out of the holes in the shaker top. Also if you are gluing on something like 1/8" circles punched out...put a tiny dab of glue where you want it using a toothpick and then moisten (nice way to say "lick") the other end of the toothpick and it will pick up the little circle and you can place it on the dab of glue and push it down with the toothpick.
stamps4funGin likes this post.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:27 AM   #893
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret WilburnView Post
Haven't read the entire thread yet so this may be duplicated. When I get new stamps I use a fineline permanent marker and write the name of the stamp on the end of the block and the number, i.e., Party Hearty 1/3. So I know there are three stamps in the set. Makes putting things away after class oh so easy. I use a lot of white glue to assemble tiny things and I use toothpicks to apply it. I have a recycled spice jar full of toothpicks and I can just shake one out of the holes in the shaker top. Also if you are gluing on something like 1/8" circles punched out...put a tiny dab of glue where you want it using a toothpick and then moisten (nice way to say "lick") the other end of the toothpick and it will pick up the little circle and you can place it on the dab of glue and push it down with the toothpick.
I also use toothpicks this way. They are great for those little places that need just a tiny dot of glue. They also help pick up jewels and embellishments and help to place on projects just right. I also used them once to create a card background by cutting off the tips of three or four with my industrial scissors, held them so all blunt tips were even with the surface, and inked them with Distress ink and then just slid them across the surface going up and then down and then sideways. For a unique distressed look it was perfect. I keep my toothpicks in a short spice jar handy on my desk. It's amazing how handy toothpicks can be!

Old 01-25-2010, 08:01 AM   #894
Polyshrink Goddess

Default toothpicks

I use them all the time and Dollar Tree has them in little plastic shaker bottles you can refill. Really economical.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:17 PM   #895
Matboard Maniac

[QUOTE=Margaret Wilburn;15975926]Haven't read the entire thread yet so this may be duplicated. When I get new stamps I use a fineline permanent marker and write the name of the stamp on the end of the block and the number, i.e., Party Hearty 1/3. So I know there are three stamps in the set. Makes putting things away after class oh so easy.

GREAT idea about numbering the individual stamps!!! I use a label maker to note the name of stamp set (and how many in each set..i.e. Lovely As a Tree, Set of 6 (or whatever)....but sometimes I use a stamp and can't remember what set it went with...(I'm old...hahahaha)

Am going to do this tonite!!! Thanks for sharing!!
Old 01-25-2010, 05:40 PM   #896
Mad Swapper

Oh thank goodness, I am not the only one with these problems. LOL
I am so behind on cataloguing mystamps that when I've come across one that is new and have bought a long time ago I cringe and feel guilty and say I won't buy anything else ( roll eyes ) But Iwhat a great idea about the acrylic thing.
I work in a place that has these large acrylic sheet that you put paper under and people can read them. and while I'm stamping I can put the stamps on those until I'm done and ready to put away

At least hopefully I'll be getting to use more of my stamps. I'm still finding new ones that I bought long time ago ( guilt )
Old 01-26-2010, 05:16 AM   #897
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by josh's mommyView Post
Oh thank goodness, I am not the only one with these problems. LOL
I am so behind on cataloguing mystamps that when I've come across one that is new and have bought a long time ago I cringe and feel guilty and say I won't buy anything else ( roll eyes ) But Iwhat a great idea about the acrylic thing.
I work in a place that has these large acrylic sheet that you put paper under and people can read them. and while I'm stamping I can put the stamps on those until I'm done and ready to put away

At least hopefully I'll be getting to use more of my stamps. I'm still finding new ones that I bought long time ago ( guilt )
YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha...I know exactly what you mean about feeling guilty for NOT using the stamp sets I have also!! Say the same thing..but hmmm...always find a way to justify buying another one when I can

Take care...Happy Stamping!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 10:20 AM   #898
Insane Embellisher

Mark your SU catalog with not only the sets you have, but the ones your friends have. That way, you can "shop" from their selection, too.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:04 AM   #899
Rubber Obsessor

Default Another Use for Clear Blocks

Like many of you, I participate in a lot of swaps. Many times, I need to cut several pieces of ribbon that are the same length. I usually use a piece of cardboard or several pieces of cardstock to wrap my ribbon around, then cut all the pieces at once along the top and bottom.
Well, have you noticed the awesome grooves on our clear blocks? Guess what?? The long clear block ('I') is perfect for 6" ribbon!

So, if you need a lot of 6" ribbon, just wrap it around the 'I' block several times. Then, use the grooves to guide your scissors along the top and bottom of the block and cut. Ta-da!! Or, just cut it once and you'll have 12" ribbon. Check out the size of the other blocks and you can cut many sizes all at once. Great time saver!!
Old 02-01-2010, 06:23 AM   #900
Pearl-ExPert

Default Sticker Sheet

Quote:

Originally Posted by doodlegirl2View Post
I make 2 copies of the sticker sheet. One for the stamp container and one to put in a binder/card catalog.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:55 AM   #901
Polyshrink Goddess

Default sticker sheets

That sounds like a good idea. I have notebooks too but somehow haven't kept up.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:18 PM   #902
Cardstock Collector

Default Template for Piercing

I read on this site to use a piece of plastic canvas as a guide for piercing, or setting eyelets. It's cheap, you can cut it to whatever size you like, e.g. for borders for 12 x 12 pages, or card size etc. and it also comes in precut shapes - circles, stars etc.

Not as great as the SU template, but versatile and cheap.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:28 PM   #903
Compulsive Stamper

Tonight I was running several items through my Xyron sticker maker. I used to rub the top liner with my fingers or sometimes a metal embossing tool, but this time I grabbed my brayer and rubbed it over the whole strip of punches I'd run through. It worked great! Fast, and no stringy bits of glue clinging to the punched out bits after I'd removed the top layer.
Hope this is helpful in some way! Thanks for all the tips!
Michele
Old 02-04-2010, 08:39 AM   #904
Rubber Obsessor

Yikes, looks like I need to read through 23 pages of awesome tips!!
Old 02-04-2010, 08:54 AM   #905
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyspencerView Post
Yikes, looks like I need to read through 23 pages of awesome tips!!

Well worth the read
Old 02-04-2010, 02:48 PM   #906
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by badcookerView Post
Tonight I was running several items through my Xyron sticker maker. I used to rub the top liner with my fingers or sometimes a metal embossing tool, but this time I grabbed my brayer and rubbed it over the whole strip of punches I'd run through. It worked great! Fast, and no stringy bits of glue clinging to the punched out bits after I'd removed the top layer.
Hope this is helpful in some way! Thanks for all the tips!
Michele
That sound you hear is the door slamming as I run out to get myself a brayer! Great tip!!
Old 02-05-2010, 12:16 PM   #907
Rubber Obsessor

wooooaaaahhhh.... my head is spinning with all of these ideas. You all are AMAZING!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 02:36 PM   #908
Compulsive Stamper

I use a vinyl placemat (with the foam layer) under my CS when I stamp. It gives a little and makes a better impression.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:23 PM   #909
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by jm_donahoeView Post
Ooooh! I am so gonna try this! LOL - just one more thing in my stamp room that looks like it doesn't belong (Future Floor Wax, Glycerin, Alcohol, Shaving Cream, Rubber Cement etc...)
What are floor wax and shaving cream doing in your craft room...I gotta know

I used washed baby food jars (spray paint the tops black so they look chic) to store buttons, ribbon scraps, etc. I put the sticky stamp labels on freezer paper so if I need to re-arrange my unmounted stamps, I can move the labels. CD cases with a wide magnet strip hold Nestabilities great and you can label the side.

Yep, other than storage ideas, that's all I got...I just figured out that I use everything exactly as it's intended. Who knew there was a whole other world out there!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 05:41 PM   #910
Stampin' Fool

I don't know about floor wax, but the shaving cream is used for the Shaving Cream Technique of course!! NOT that I have ever tried it but HERE is the link to the tutorial.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:09 PM   #911
Polyshrink Goddess

Floor wax can be used as a binder with Pearl Ex. Place the floor wax in a aqua brush and then you can dip the tip in Pearl Ex and use it to color in images. I use this method to color in those outline picture stickers but others have used it with heat embossed stamped images- I just haven't done it yet.

I am sure they are other uses but this is one I know of that is frequently used.

Sheena
Old 02-16-2010, 07:23 PM   #912
Matboard Maniac

I don't know if anyone has already said this..but for your ep or glitter go to your dollar store and look in the baby section for baby bowls with the lids they have little spoons that clip into a slot on the lid so no more mess...hold the card over the open bowl use the spoon sprinkle, close the lid clip spoon back in lid .
Old 02-17-2010, 01:50 AM   #913
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by big eggView Post
I don't know if anyone has already said this..but for your ep or glitter go to your dollar store and look in the baby section for baby bowls with the lids they have little spoons that clip into a slot on the lid so no more mess...hold the card over the open bowl use the spoon sprinkle, close the lid clip spoon back in lid .
I'm headed to the dollar store!! I use containers but like the idea of spoon staying put!
Old 02-17-2010, 02:23 AM   #914
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

What a great idea! I really like it. Thanks!!!!

Smile. no one knows what you're really thinking!
Old 02-17-2010, 07:11 AM   #915
Matboard Maniac

Anyone need very small zip lock baggies? I toss some at work, when we repackage one of our products. They are 3" x 3" not counting the part past the zip lock part. There is printing on one side, so you can only see the contents from one side.
I also have some very small plastic boxes that you would have to soak off (or use goo gone, etc) the labels on both sides, they are 2" x 1 1/2" x 1/2". I have about 22 of those now, and prob. won't have more for a year or more. PM me for them. Gin
Old 02-17-2010, 07:54 AM   #916
Rubber Obsessor

I wish I could claim this idea as mine, but someone else thought of it first. When stamping w/ unmounted stamps use a kids foam placemat for your work area. They have a washable surface that is easy to clean and give you a nice cushy surface to stamp on.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:39 AM   #917
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Off to the Dollar Store I go!! Thanks for sharing this tip!!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 04:03 AM   #918
Polyshrink Goddess

Boy I sure hope Dollar Tree has these little bowls. I'm off to see! TFS!

Quote:

My Gallery
Old 02-21-2010, 07:18 AM   #919
Matboard Maniac

Use a clipboard to hold your project when heat embossing. The clip holds your project tight, the gun doesnít blow everything else around, and you wonít burn your fingers.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:35 AM   #920
Polyshrink Goddess

Another heat embossing tip. I bought one of those disposable aluminum roast pans. About 8 1/2 x 11 with 4 inch sides. I just lay my card or whatever in the bottom and heat away. The heat reflects from the bottom up as well as top down so it takes a bit less time, is less messy & I don't burn myself.