Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-05-2009, 07:32 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EZ MOUNT storage??

I have been unmounting my rubberstamps and confused about EZ Mount or Tack N PEEl. I realize that this is probably a preference thing but I am trying to find the best situation for how I store my stamps. Before I get into my questions a little background: I store my stamps in plastic binders here. I buy these pages from Gina K to 'stick' them to. Now, I don't need anything else if they are clear stamps, cuz they stick no problem...however the rubber ones need something to stick to. My problem is that some of the stamps that have come with EZ mount on them, have lost the stickiness and don't stick anymore....soo my thought was that I could cover the above pages and my blocks in Tack N Peel (not sure how it would work with the stamps already mounted on EZ Mount or the clear stamps). Or just mount the stamps on the EZ Mount--which I'm confused about regular or thin and then what do you do when it doesn't stick anymore?
My LAST question, for anyone who might know, do you know what the difference would be between the above pages and these..other then size of the page?
Sorry so long but would appreciate any help.
Thanks
Jennifer
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 07:47 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Hi Jennifer!

I personally prefer the Thin EZ Mount. I find that my stamps get all the cushion they need without rocking. Also, the thinner cushion allows me to have more sheets of stamps in each binder.

I use the Sunday International binder sheets and then put my stamps into regular 3-ring binders from office supply stores, dollar stores, etc. There are also some VERY large 3-ring binders at Costco that I purchase for large collections of stamps.

My stamps are organized by manufacturer, so I label the spines and place them on my book shelf.

HTH!
I'm Fun Stampers Journey Coach #10224. Join now for only $50!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 07:48 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Jennifer

First.. there is no difference between the 2 pages other than just the size. I have both. If the ezmount has lost its stickiness you should be able to wipe it to reactivate the cling. Or Ezmount has a lifetime gtd so I would give them a call. I use the same pages and binders to store my stamp, and what I do is.. if the stamps are bare rubber and I am going to keep them that way, I apply Aileens tack it over on the back of the rubber. That makes the rubber stick to my pages but able to remove to use on clear blocks. When I get my SU stamps that already have cushion on it to be mounted permanently to wood, I apply the clear sticker to the cushion and then apply AIleens ontop of the clear label. Hope that helps!

EZmount thin is great for smaller stamps and it does have a little cushion to it. Its just preference as to which you like better the original or thin. To me I found the original had more cling.. but again personal preference.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 08:03 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quick question---What is the benefit of mounting the stamp on foam and leaving bare?
I have used double stick tape to attach my bare rubber to the blocks and stamped, but not sure if I really notice a difference. I do stamp on a 1/4 inch piece of firm foam that I found at JoAnns in the stamping dept.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 08:10 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennazView Post
Quick question---What is the benefit of mounting the stamp on foam and leaving bare?
I have used double stick tape to attach my bare rubber to the blocks and stamped, but not sure if I really notice a difference. I do stamp on a 1/4 inch piece of firm foam that I found at JoAnns in the stamping dept.
Well if you are already stamping on a firm foam surface then there really probably isnt going to be a difference. The ezmount with cushion is so you dont have to stamp on a foam surface. I have stamped both ways myself.. and dont find a huge difference.

If you leave your rubber bare then you can fit more into your binders.. which is a plus.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 08:17 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Some stampers just prefer the "feel" of the foam on the stamp, and some stamps seem to need the foam cushion to give a clear impression. What I do with mine:

- test the impression with bare rubber. If it stamps just fine, then it's ok to just use repositionable glue on the back of the bare rubber. If the rubber seems kind of thin, though, I'll use the thin EZ Mount to give it a little more substance.

- if I have a hard time getting a good impression with the bare rubber, then I mount it on EZ Mount. Usually small stamps get the thin EZ Mount and larger stamps get the thicker cushion.

- if the stamps belong to the same set, for some reason I think they "need" to be on the same sort of cushion, so I adjust for that.

- SU! & other brand stamps that I'm using unmounted, I try to leave the cushion that's already on and coat it with repositionable glue. Most of the $1 stamps you can buy are nearly impossible to remove from the wood with cushion intact; those I take down to bare rubber and go back to my "system"

I have a pink stamping mat that was available from Inque Boutique and LOVE IT! It's essentially the same thing as your mat from JoAnn's. I have had a few large, detailed stamps that wouldn't give a clear impression even when I stamped on that mat, though. They absolutely needed the foam cushion on the stamp itself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 08:50 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Okay, I think I am getting a handle on things. I have heard that mounting on EZ Mount (reg or thin) can be a pain, so maybe I will do the Tack it Over stuff (leaving them bare) and then buys some EZ Mount in case I need it.

Thanks again for sooo much help!
Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 08:51 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenjoy71View Post
Hi Jennifer

First.. there is no difference between the 2 pages other than just the size. I have both. If the ezmount has lost its stickiness you should be able to wipe it to reactivate the cling. Or Ezmount has a lifetime gtd so I would give them a call. I use the same pages and binders to store my stamp, and what I do is.. if the stamps are bare rubber and I am going to keep them that way, I apply Aileens tack it over on the back of the rubber. That makes the rubber stick to my pages but able to remove to use on clear blocks. When I get my SU stamps that already have cushion on it to be mounted permanently to wood, I apply the clear sticker to the cushion and then apply AIleens ontop of the clear label. Hope that helps!

EZmount thin is great for smaller stamps and it does have a little cushion to it. Its just preference as to which you like better the original or thin. To me I found the original had more cling.. but again personal preference.
Where do you buy the Tack it Over?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 09:01 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Where do you buy the Tack it Over?
I buy it at Michaels.. or you may find it at Joanns, or Walmart.

http://www.ivegotanotion.com/store/a...om#shoppingcom

Thats what the bottle looks like.. and its usually 4 ozs for about $4.49. You can do MANY stamps with one bottle.. it only takes a very thin layer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 09:50 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks, I will look for it today.

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #11  
Inking Addict

Oops.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 11:11 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Okay, I think I am getting a handle on things. I have heard that mounting on EZ Mount (reg or thin) can be a pain, so maybe I will do the Tack it Over stuff (leaving them bare) and then buys some EZ Mount in case I need it.

Thanks again for sooo much help!
Jennifer
I myself hate the Tack it over.. its way to sticky and makes it hard to get off whatever you are storing it on... Hate the double stick tape, did it that way for the longest time....Love the EZ-mount...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 11:13 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellychickView Post
I myself hate the Tack it over.. its way to sticky and makes it hard to get off whatever you are storing it on... Hate the double stick tape, did it that way for the longest time....Love the EZ-mount...
and then my favorite way to store them right now is the Scraponizers... I finnd them cheapest at Unity stamp Company... You can store alot of stamps in them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 01:31 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Can you believe I cant find ANY EZ Mount or Tack It Over and Over or Tac N Peel at JoAnn's, Michaels or WalMart! I did find an Elmer's reposionable stick glue that is acid free--so for now I think I will try that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 01:46 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Can you believe I cant find ANY EZ Mount or Tack It Over and Over or Tac N Peel at JoAnn's, Michaels or WalMart! I did find an Elmer's reposionable stick glue that is acid free--so for now I think I will try that.
WOW! Thats terrible!! :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

I haven't been able to find the Tack It Over & Over anymore, either - but I've found that the Mono Multi glue in the white & green bottle works just great (and I have an easier time applying it for some reason.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2009, 11:09 AM   #17  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

I have been unmounting my rubberstamps and confused about EZ Mount or Tack N PEEl. I realize that this is probably a preference thing but I am trying to find the best situation for how I store my stamps. Before I get into my questions a little background: I store my stamps in plastic binders here. I buy these pages from Gina K to 'stick' them to. Now, I don't need anything else if they are clear stamps, cuz they stick no problem...however the rubber ones need something to stick to. My problem is that some of the stamps that have come with EZ mount on them, have lost the stickiness and don't stick anymore....soo my thought was that I could cover the above pages and my blocks in Tack N Peel (not sure how it would work with the stamps already mounted on EZ Mount or the clear stamps). Or just mount the stamps on the EZ Mount--which I'm confused about regular or thin and then what do you do when it doesn't stick anymore?
My LAST question, for anyone who might know, do you know what the difference would be between the above pages and these..other then size of the page?
Sorry so long but would appreciate any help.
Thanks
Jennifer

Jennifer, I just buy the White Plastic Storage boards and then put them in a Clear Plastic Sleeve and then add them to my 3 Ring Notebook.

I have about 4 notebooks now and I can store a lot of Stamps inside these notebooks.

The White storage boards are 81/2 x 11 inch in size which can hold a lot more stamps.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes