Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-07-2008, 11:33 AM   #81
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by pam wilsonView Post
And they said this was a free website....................haha!
Heehee!!
Before this site, I only had SU stamps and a few from Hobby Lobby. Now I have more of those, plus Michael's $1 stamps, Bella, My Favorite Things, There She Goes, Our Daily Bread Designs...plus I am craving PTI, Gina K...and I am sure there are more I have yet to discover! This doesn't even count paper & accessories!

Last month, my hubby was thinking of buying me a gift that is not related to stamping. I guess I looked at him funny.

But I have learned SO many new techniques, I have "met" fabulous people, and I have made many types of cards I never would have thought of on my own!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-07-2008, 01:25 PM   #82
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinluluView Post
I went part time on my job so I could have time for my very expensive hobby. The problem with that is (obviously) I don't have as much play money, and like others, I can't get off the computer to to do any real card making:\ One thing I HAVE done is when I have two coupons to...say Michaels,...I give one to my DH with the most expensive thing I'm buying, and HE PAYS FOR IT. It really works. Cleaver huh??????
Very cleaver idea. Only problem is my DH wouldn't be caught dead in a "craft store". He sends our DD to get my gift cards for b-day and Christmas.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:13 PM   #83
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinluluView Post
I went part time on my job so I could have time for my very expensive hobby. The problem with that is (obviously) I don't have as much play money, and like others, I can't get off the computer to to do any real card making:\ One thing I HAVE done is when I have two coupons to...say Michaels,...I give one to my DH with the most expensive thing I'm buying, and HE PAYS FOR IT. It really works. Cleaver huh??????
Not only does my husband go in the craft store sometimes, he barely even grunted when I gave him his 40% off coupon and had him buy some nesties. He was like $24 for this?! oh, well, at least you have a coupon.

One time, I sent him in with a 40% coupon while I sat in the car so he could go in to buy a cuttlebug for my birthday. It wasn't a surprise, but I was excited since it was exactly what I wanted.

Regarding the poster quoted above, I too work part time (very) so I am lucky that my DH considers his paycheck "ours."

Today was a snow day - no school and no work, so I actually made a few cards. Yea!
Old 11-08-2008, 08:16 PM   #84
Embossing Fanatic

Smile oh not so long ago.....

I remember not so long ago I bought a small 6 drawer organizer for "all" of my card stuff. A few weeks later I was going to the "storables store" for a couple of drawers for "all" my card stuff. Then I was going to Michael's for baskets to hold "all" of my card stuff...........so now its organizers,drawers, bookshelves, the closet............I have a bit of room left to work, but not much :0. Gonna have to get those kids off to college so I can take over their rooms !!!! The call of the coupon
Old 11-09-2008, 04:54 AM   #85
Crimping Master

YOu sound like me. I developed into storage containers in the corner of the dining room to taking up part of the study. I've already packed up one fo the bool cases and I just commented to DH yesterday that the rest were going to have to go into storage.

The temptation to take over my daughter's room is great.....She's at college. Advice that was given to me a few years back when the kids started going off to college.......don't take over their rooms until after they graduate and are in a place of their own. Personally, I'm waitnig until next year when DD graduates so I can take over her closet for craft storage.

I'm hoping to be able to convince DH to let me redo the study so it is more efficient for both of us.

http://roxysramblings64.blogspot.com
Old 11-09-2008, 07:29 AM   #86
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmreinigView Post
I remember not so long ago I bought a small 6 drawer organizer for "all" of my card stuff. A few weeks later I was going to the "storables store" for a couple of drawers for "all" my card stuff. Then I was going to Michael's for baskets to hold "all" of my card stuff...........so now its organizers,drawers, bookshelves, the closet............I have a bit of room left to work, but not much :0. Gonna have to get those kids off to college so I can take over their rooms !!!! The call of the coupon
I need to come up with a solution much sooner. My oldest child is only 10 and I am sure I can't wait that long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 07:58 AM   #87
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by biblesistersmomView Post

One time, I sent him in with a 40% coupon while I sat in the car so he could go in to buy a cuttlebug for my birthday. It wasn't a surprise, but I was excited since it was exactly what I wanted.

Today was a snow day - no school and no work, so I actually made a few cards. Yea!
I did almost the same thing--I dragged him into the Hob Lobster and showed it to him, then left the coupon on the counter. And HE was actually the one that found the ritzcamera site before I found out about it on here.

And NO FAIR on getting a snow day!!!!! I want one!!!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #88
Insane Embellisher

I agree, but find that every scrapping/stamping community I join makes me crave more supplies... my basement is becomming like a scrapbooking store and I still want MORE MORE MORE!
Old 11-09-2008, 04:04 PM   #89
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimmie0270View Post
I agree, but find that every scrapping/stamping community I join makes me crave more supplies... my basement is becomming like a scrapbooking store and I still want MORE MORE MORE!
Where do you live? We can all come "shop"! Just kidding!
Old 11-09-2008, 05:22 PM   #90
Matboard Maniac

Life would just not be the same without stamping. I don't know what I would do without it? The beauty is that my 7 year old daughter is getting hooked too, soon she will need her own cupboard! LOL
Old 11-10-2008, 09:27 AM   #91
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yesterday, I had my in-laws over to celebrate my MIL's birthday. 3 young nieces and one nephew were soooo excited becaausee they knew they could make cards with Aunt Kim (me!) It is so fun watching them play with the Cuttlebug, markers and stamps. My youngest niece said my craft room is herr favorite place to visit! I feel so special! (Of course, in the heat of summer, Aunt Laura's pool gets rave reviews too!) What a great reason to keep my supply well stocked, right??

The room I use had many foster kids over the years. After 2 cycles we didn't renew our license. The agency asked if we would reconsider...I told them that the kids' room is now MY craft room, and I am not giving it up!

Old 11-10-2008, 12:44 PM   #92
Insane Embellisher

I really wish I wouldn't have seen this. OMG! Adorable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by llevansView Post
ha! Be prepared to get more broke! Stampingbella just released a new line of stamps called Bittyblooms. Each fairy has a floral theme. I can't resist - I must have them all!

www.stampingbella.com

Stamping is a major addiction! I wonder if there are treatment centers for stampers! LOL!!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 05:31 PM   #93
Cardstock Collector

Me too. Get it, got it, need it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #94
Glitter Queen

Here is idea for all you stampers, modified from another busness. There is a basket of "fake" till receipts with a sign that says, "If you don't like your receipt take one that you do."
Old 11-11-2008, 04:59 AM   #95
Insane Embellisher

I also stopped subscribing to magazines. I've found that I flip through them once and store them. Of course the money I save on magazines doesn't even touch the amount of stamps I order. Where is the balance? I can't find it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by becb75View Post
I at least have stopped buying stamping magazines etc. as everything I need to know is right here on this wonderful site! I have a lock on my craft room door now (to keep out Mr terrible nearly two) but it stops my husband from seeing recent purchases but if he does comment the old standard always comes in handy - oh darling I've had that for ages!
Old 11-11-2008, 05:31 AM   #96
Compulsive Stamper

You are so right on girlfriend, everytime someone tells me of a new site on line I can't wait to check it out. And everyone needs a space in their home to fill up the only requirement is to have it look like a store when finished filling every space possible with new tools and tons of paper gotta have paper!
Old 11-11-2008, 07:00 AM   #97
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Tricks

I have decided I just need to tak my mom with me when I shop for stamping stuff. She's very good at keeping me in line. I went to Archivers and JoAnn's this weekend looking for specific things (mostly because somebody here said they were good to have and really, who am I to question the wisdom of those more experienced) and managed to pretty much keep to my list. I managed to trick her around the dollar and hot spots. I got quite a few things and it's amazing how quickly those things add up!!

Stickles Swap
Old 11-11-2008, 10:33 AM   #98
Glitter Queen

Archivers is one of my favs. And YES you can spend a lot of ONE DOLLARS in there, but it's so much fun. Love it, love it, love it$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!! . I ocasionally will take a friend with me who keeps me in line with my spending, but it's so worth going in there by yourself and just go carzy. Fortunately I live quite a few miles away from Archivers, so it's only once in awhile that I get to go all crazy. It's like a big exciting adventure when I go. Ooooohhhhh, I'm getting that feeling it's time to go. Payday is in 3 days

Last edited by Stampinlulu; 11-11-2008 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: More to say