In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2008, 01:32 PM   #1
Compulsive Stamper
 
ScrappingStampingMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Posts: 32
Eclectic Paperie Order - Very Disappointed

I placed an order with eclectic paperie on January 9th. They shipped a partial order on January 19th. It is now February 8th and I have not received the rest of my order. Tomorrow will be one month. I paid for the entire order, but am still waiting for $30.00 worth of merchanise. I have emailed and called and always get the same answer. We don't have it to ship to you. It is on order. I feel I have waited far too long. Joy's last email to me stated it would be shipped out Monday, 2/4. I do live on the other side of the country, but priority mail (that is what you pay for) would take two days. It has been 4 days! I will be happy to finally get this order, but I will NEVER order from them again. These girls are in way over there heads and have no business offering so many specials if they cannot ship them out in a timely manner. I have not gotten the merchandise that I have long ago paid for! Their website now states that they will be closed for CHA from Sat. 2/9 - Mon. 2-18. I guess I will be waiting until they get back. Thanks for listening. I just needed to vent!!

Last edited by ScrappingStampingMama; 02-08-2008 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: typo
ScrappingStampingMama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:39 PM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast
 
monkeymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Secret Sister Land
Posts: 14,549
Default

Oh, this can be so disappointing! I've had experiences, too, where the order has been paid for and I'm waiting... Wish they would charge you when they ship.
monkeymama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #3
Gallery Gazer
 
XcessStamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Clifton, VA
Posts: 6,702
Default

Doesn't sound like a good way to run a business. Thanks for the heads up.
__________________
Claudia

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/XcessStamps
XcessStamps is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #4
Matboard Maniac
 
Sibilance7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 319
Default

If you paid by credit card, check with your card issuer - I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to charge you until they ship your item. If you're worried that you'll never receive your items, your credit card may be able to do a chargeback for you.
__________________
My Gallery
Sibilance7 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #5
Polyshrink Goddess
 
mrsjllove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 688
Default

Yeah, I placed an order a few days ago...not expecting to get it anytime soon since they haven't even changed the status to "processing" or anything since I placed the order. The money has already been taken though...I think I paid through PayPal.
__________________
Cuppycake - My blog
I design for
All That Scraps
mrsjllove is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:11 PM   #6
Pearl-ExPert
 
Shopping Diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Love being with the one I love
Posts: 2,407
Default

How do you check the status?
Shopping Diva is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:11 PM   #7
Compulsive Stamper
 
ScrappingStampingMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Posts: 32
Me too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsjlloveView Post
Yeah, I placed an order a few days ago...not expecting to get it anytime soon since they haven't even changed the status to "processing" or anything since I placed the order. The money has already been taken though...I think I paid through PayPal.
I paid through pay pal too.
ScrappingStampingMama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:13 PM   #8
Pearl-ExPert
 
Rubber Stamp Nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Attleboro, MA
Posts: 2,018
Default

So sorry to hear about your experience! I've not had good luck with them either. Funny thing is, a lot of people on these boards rave about them. They do offer a nice variety, but I think the wait time is too long.
__________________
Donna - Wife and Mom in Massachusetts

Member #32310
Rubber Stamp Nut is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:19 PM   #9
Compulsive Stamper
 
ScrappingStampingMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Posts: 32
status

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shopping DivaView Post
How do you check the status?
My order has shown shipped since the first part was shipped to me. The packing slip indicates which items are on backorder (hand written on the packing slip). Not a very sophisticated system. These are two women who work out of there houses. They even have some merchandise at one house and some at another. That is what one of them told me. She told me that this is also the reason for the delay in shipping sometimes because they have to get the stuff from the other person to complete the order.
ScrappingStampingMama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:21 PM   #10
Compulsive Stamper
 
ScrappingStampingMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Posts: 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber Stamp NutView Post
So sorry to hear about your experience! I've not had good luck with them either. Funny thing is, a lot of people on these boards rave about them. They do offer a nice variety, but I think the wait time is too long.
I ordered from them because a friend of mine ordered and had a good experience and so many here have also. I think these girls are drowning now and cannot get caught up! Then they leave for CHA!!!!
ScrappingStampingMama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:31 PM   #11
Stazon Splitcoast
 
photocropper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 43,101
Default

Sometimes things are not in their control. I am sorry you are disappointed but I do think that you should also consider the fact that all companies have back orders.

I know they have filled a many of orders to very satisfied customers.
__________________
Shelley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you
.

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken
photocropper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:38 PM   #12
Pearl-ExPert
 
KayInFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In Florida!
Posts: 2,026
Default

Well, I have to say I was very happy with my experience. I ordered the new cupcake set and expected to have to wait for it because I had heard shipping times were long - there was even a notice to that effect on the website, but I wanted the set and it's exclusive to EP so I was fine with it. I ordered on the 1st and I think I had it by the 6th, don't remember for sure which day it came. It arrived nicely wrapped with a hand written thank from the girls and some stamped images.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but I had just the opposite.
__________________
Bloom With Kay blog
KayInFL is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:38 PM   #13
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess
 
jpmayo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 23,962
Default

Oh no, I am sorry you have had a bad experiend with them

I have ordered several times and I am also on the other side of the country from them and have had good service. The only time I waited longer than "normal" was when ordering some Copics which they said were a special order item...

I just order the new Bug folders on Wednesday and they were shipped yesterday so I dont know what could be holding your order up.

I really hate that for you.
__________________
Jimmi
My Blog: Stamping With Jimmi
My SCS Gallery: jpmayo
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
jpmayo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:08 PM   #14
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
AmberDawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Surprise, Arizona
Posts: 6,977
Send a message via Skype™ to AmberDawn
Default

Yeah, I ordered from them once and probably won't again. I ordered A stamp set was told it would take up to two weeks to ship, well I think it took three weeks before it shipped. I was pretty upset with that kind of service, honestly how much work is it to ship one stamp set? But, I don't know what they have going on so I didn't complain. At least its not just me, lol! I was beginning to think they just didn't like me, haha!
__________________
Amber Hight
My Blog
_____________________________________________
I design for Verve Stamps and Reverse Confetti!
AmberDawn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:10 PM   #15
Pearl-ExPert
 
Shopping Diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Love being with the one I love
Posts: 2,407
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmayoView Post
Oh no, I am sorry you have had a bad experiend with them

I have ordered several times and I am also on the other side of the country from them and have had good service. The only time I waited longer than "normal" was when ordering some Copics which they said were a special order item...

I just order the new Bug folders on Wednesday and they were shipped yesterday so I dont know what could be holding your order up.

I really hate that for you.
Did you get your copics?
Shopping Diva is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:29 PM   #16
clean and krafty
 
willosmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: washington!
Posts: 25,913
Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama
Default

Wow~~ I am actually surprised to hear this! I thought they were great, only ordered once though.
__________________
AJ
gallery
The Willow Garden

Spellbinders DT Coordinator


willosmama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:47 PM   #17
Stazon Splitcoast
 
steubner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Midlothian, TX
Posts: 15,987
Default

I'm so sorry you're unhappy. I've had nothing but awesome experiences with them, and hope you (and others) will give them another shot. They have a fabulous reputation and I'd hate for one incident to keep yall from their goodies!
__________________
Shannan
My Gallery
My Blog-Come Visit me!
steubner is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #18
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Just north of Seattle
Posts: 3,808
Default

I've ordered from them once, but I'm not super impressed with their website.

Every single item I want is never in stock! It doesn't say it's out of stock, but when I try to add it to my cart then I get the message saying they don't have it. This has been for MANY different items over the past couple of months.

Besides them not having what I want in stock, they have been taking 10-14 days to ship since October. The order I did place took 3 weeks to get to me, it was very looooooong.

What I like the least about the whole thing is, they have a notice on the front page of their store, but it is below the featured products so unless you scroll down you won't see it. That is what happened to me, I didn't scroll down so I didn't know the wait would be so long. I think they should put a notice at the point of payment too. Maybe they do now, but they didn't back then.

I can always find the same products somewhere else and get them faster. Jacksonbelle has been the fastest, 2 day turn around! I was very impressed!

Sorry about your frustration, I hope you get your products soon!
ebethneu is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:00 PM   #19
Compulsive Stamper
 
ScrappingStampingMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Posts: 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by photocropperView Post
Sometimes things are not in their control. I am sorry you are disappointed but I do think that you should also consider the fact that all companies have back orders.

I know they have filled a many of orders to very satisfied customers.
I know they have filled many orders to satisfied customers, but I am NOT one of them! I have done a lot of online ordering and have never had such a run around!!
ScrappingStampingMama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #20
Compulsive Stamper
 
ScrappingStampingMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Posts: 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by KayInFLView Post
Well, I have to say I was very happy with my experience. I ordered the new cupcake set and expected to have to wait for it because I had heard shipping times were long - there was even a notice to that effect on the website, but I wanted the set and it's exclusive to EP so I was fine with it. I ordered on the 1st and I think I had it by the 6th, don't remember for sure which day it came. It arrived nicely wrapped with a hand written thank from the girls and some stamped images.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but I had just the opposite.
Unfortunately that is not the experience that I am having. I am starting to wonder if I will ever get my order!
ScrappingStampingMama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #21
Stazon Splitcoast
 
steubner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Midlothian, TX
Posts: 15,987
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingStampingMamaView Post
I know they have filled many orders to satisfied customers, but I am NOT one of them! I have done a lot of online ordering and have never had such a run around!!
I understand your frustration, but bashing them on a public forum is not the best way to go about this. It seems like at this point you're just trying to make them look bad, not resolve the issue. There are two sides to everything, which makes situations like these best hashed out privately.
__________________
Shannan
My Gallery
My Blog-Come Visit me!
steubner is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:04 PM   #22
Compulsive Stamper
 
ScrappingStampingMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Posts: 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by steubnerView Post
I'm so sorry you're unhappy. I've had nothing but awesome experiences with them, and hope you (and others) will give them another shot. They have a fabulous reputation and I'd hate for one incident to keep yall from their goodies!
I know they have a good reputation! Maybe they don't like me!! Haha I do feel I have waited too long.
ScrappingStampingMama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:09 PM   #23
Compulsive Stamper
 
ScrappingStampingMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Posts: 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ebethneuView Post
I've ordered from them once, but I'm not super impressed with their website.

Every single item I want is never in stock! It doesn't say it's out of stock, but when I try to add it to my cart then I get the message saying they don't have it. This has been for MANY different items over the past couple of months.

Besides them not having what I want in stock, they have been taking 10-14 days to ship since October. The order I did place took 3 weeks to get to me, it was very looooooong.

What I like the least about the whole thing is, they have a notice on the front page of their store, but it is below the featured products so unless you scroll down you won't see it. That is what happened to me, I didn't scroll down so I didn't know the wait would be so long. I think they should put a notice at the point of payment too. Maybe they do now, but they didn't back then.

I can always find the same products somewhere else and get them faster. Jacksonbelle has been the fastest, 2 day turn around! I was very impressed!

Sorry about your frustration, I hope you get your products soon!
Yes! Everything is out of stock when you try to place it in your cart. Very frustrating! I order the items that I wanted and they went into my cart so I assumed they were in their inventory, Not so!! I am still waiting. NEVER AGAIN. Like you said the other stores are much faster. I ordered from Ellen and it came super quick. Same with papertrey and scor-pal!! They can have my business. Not eclectic paperie. I would rather pay more then go through this.
ScrappingStampingMama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:11 PM   #24
Crimping Master
 
Jillgunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 1,054
Default

THey shouldnt charge you for something that is not available. If it were me I would ask for a refund on the part you havent gotten and be done with it. If they dont respond, I would have no problem calling my CC company.
__________________
My Little Gallery:https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...114581&cat=500
Mom to Natalia born 3-13-06
Jillgunter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #25
Polyshrink Goddess
 
mrsjllove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 688
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by steubnerView Post
I understand your frustration, but bashing them on a public forum is not the best way to go about this. It seems like at this point you're just trying to make them look bad, not resolve the issue. There are two sides to everything, which makes situations like these best hashed out privately.
There are plenty of threads around here that are in big, vocal praise of other ordering sites so I don't see why there would be anything wrong with her voicing her frustrations with the one particular company. I don't think she is really trying to make them look bad, she's just bringing to light her personal experience. And I can appreciate that because I try to steer clear myself of companies who give yucky customer service.

I love to see the "YAY! ABC Generic Stamp Co. is the best!" and I appreciate seeing when people have negative experiences so that I'll know what to expect if/when I place an order with that company.

All I see that she has said is that she is frustrated with not getting her order. I would be, too! And she also alerted everyone to the no shipping until the week after next. I, myself, would have liked that information before I placed my order, but I didn't see it on the bottom of their front page.
__________________
Cuppycake - My blog
I design for
All That Scraps
mrsjllove is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:15 PM   #26
Compulsive Stamper
 
ScrappingStampingMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Posts: 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by steubnerView Post
I understand your frustration, but bashing them on a public forum is not the best way to go about this. It seems like at this point you're just trying to make them look bad, not resolve the issue. There are two sides to everything, which makes situations like these best hashed out privately.
I have comunicated with them numerous times both by email and on the phone. I cannot seem to get this resolved! I am opened to any suggestions you may have. I am not bashing them in a public forum. I feel others should know what they are getting into when they place and order with them. And as far as having two sides to everything, my side is all that counts with me. I am a customer who has paid for a product that I have not recieved. I was told it would ship and I still don't have it. I was patient for a while, but no more. I contunue to get emails for specials and deals that they are offering. They need to concentrate on improving their shipping before adding more delays!
ScrappingStampingMama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:17 PM   #27
Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
krystie lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bellevue, WA (Seattle 'burbs)
Posts: 4,295
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by steubnerView Post
I understand your frustration, but bashing them on a public forum is not the best way to go about this. It seems like at this point you're just trying to make them look bad, not resolve the issue. There are two sides to everything, which makes situations like these best hashed out privately.
I couldn't agree more. I am a huge stickler for good customer service, but I'm always disppointed to see these threads that just bash companies. Bringing your issues to the SCS masses is totally unproductive, there's nothing that we can do to resolve your issue.

I'd like to add that I've ordered from them 3-4 times and always had exceptional service.
__________________
Krystie Lee
CleanAndSimpleCards.com

Last edited by krystie lee; 02-08-2008 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: added "times" after 3-4
krystie lee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:18 PM   #28
Compulsive Stamper
 
ScrappingStampingMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Posts: 32
Red face

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsjlloveView Post
There are plenty of threads around here that are in big, vocal praise of other ordering sites so I don't see why there would be anything wrong with her voicing her frustrations with the one particular company. I don't think she is really trying to make them look bad, she's just bringing to light her personal experience. And I can appreciate that because I try to steer clear myself of companies who give yucky customer service.

I love to see the "YAY! ABC Generic Stamp Co. is the best!" and I appreciate seeing when people have negative experiences so that I'll know what to expect if/when I place an order with that company.

All I see that she has said is that she is frustrated with not getting her order. I would be, too! And she also alerted everyone to the no shipping until the week after next. I, myself, would have liked that information before I placed my order, but I didn't see it on the bottom of their front page.
Thank you
ScrappingStampingMama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:19 PM   #29
Compulsive Stamper
 
ScrappingStampingMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by JillgunterView Post
THey shouldnt charge you for something that is not available. If it were me I would ask for a refund on the part you havent gotten and be done with it. If they dont respond, I would have no problem calling my CC company.
I agree, but paid with pay pal. I don't know haw that works but will look into it.
ScrappingStampingMama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:22 PM   #30
Compulsive Stamper
 
ScrappingStampingMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Posts: 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by krystie leeView Post
I couldn't agree more. I am a huge stickler for good customer service, but I'm always disppointed to see these threads that just bash companies. Bringing your issues to the SCS masses is totally unproductive, there's nothing that we can do to resolve your issue.

I'd like to add that I've ordered from them 3-4 times and always had exceptional service.
Again, I am not "bashing" the company & I don't expect you or anyone else to "resolve" my issue, but for those who would like to know how they do business I have posted my concerns.

I am glad you have had exceptional service, I wish I had the same experience!
ScrappingStampingMama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #31
Stazon Splitcoast
 
steubner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Midlothian, TX
Posts: 15,987
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsjlloveView Post
There are plenty of threads around here that are in big, vocal praise of other ordering sites so I don't see why there would be anything wrong with her voicing her frustrations with the one particular company.
I understand what you're saying. It has been my experience that nothing good ever comes out of threads like this one, especially when the upset person continues to post, saying the same thing over and over. I just don't think people stop to think how threads will affect (and do damage to) these companies. Threads that give praise are positive, which, let's be honest, make everyone feel good!

I know you're upset, and I completely understand why. However, companies are often at the mercy of their vendors, who in this industry have a hard time keeping up with demand sometimes!! It sounds like a situation that just can't be helped (the backorder thing). If I was in your place, I would just suggest privately what would make me happy if my order can't be shipped at this time.
__________________
Shannan
My Gallery
My Blog-Come Visit me!
steubner is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #32
Stazon Splitcoast
 
steubner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Midlothian, TX
Posts: 15,987
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingStampingMamaView Post
I am opened to any suggestions you may have.
To elaborate on what I said a second ago, I would email (or call) Joy and tell her what will make you happy. If your order can't be shipped, I would just request that the backorders be canceled, and then reorder them when they become available.
__________________
Shannan
My Gallery
My Blog-Come Visit me!
steubner is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:34 PM   #33
Gabfest Goddess
 
Cynamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 7,638
Default

It should be OK to vent your frustrations here. You're not asking for the world, just a little bit of information from them.
__________________
Silly me! Check out my blog at http://mommagetsreal.blogspot.com/
Cynamom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:51 PM   #34
Crimping Master
 
pegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 1,005
Default

They were very helpful in getting my order together ... however... it did take several weeks. They didn't announce the delay until after I placed my order so I was bummed.

I was actually surprised to hear that their store will not shipping orders while they are at CHA. I think if they want to continue to grow and succeed, they need to hire some help in order to improve their shipping times.
pegg is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:02 PM   #35
Stazon Splitcoast
 
TJStamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 21,815
Default

Wow - I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience. I've had quite the opposite.

I ordered for the first time just this past week. I wanted the new Cuttlebug Folders. I signed up for their newsletter and they e-mailed me when the folders were in stock (awesome customer service IMHO). I ordered earlier this week and I'm holding my Bug folders in my hand right now ... I received them yesterday. Also included were some cute images I can color and use to make cards and also a personal thank you note from the owners.

I don't like how you keep saying "this is how they do business" because I don't think that's true. You have had an unfortunate experience, for sure ... I just don't think that's standard operating procedures for this company. I really don't.

I DO think you should contact them again and ask them to remove the charges for the backordered items and cancel your order for those items. Let them know you will be shopping elsewhere going forward due to this negative experience you have had. That's what I would do if I were in your shoes.
__________________
~TJ~
TJStamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:04 PM   #36
Stazon Splitcoast
 
TJStamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 21,815
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by peggView Post
They were very helpful in getting my order together ... however... it did take several weeks. They didn't announce the delay until after I placed my order so I was bummed.

I was actually surprised to hear that their store will not shipping orders while they are at CHA. I think if they want to continue to grow and succeed, they need to hire some help in order to improve their shipping times.
I'm not surprised at that ... a HUGE local brick and mortar store is CLOSED for a week due to CHA!
__________________
~TJ~
TJStamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:07 PM   #37
clean and krafty
 
willosmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: washington!
Posts: 25,913
Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynamomView Post
It should be OK to vent your frustrations here. You're not asking for the world, just a little bit of information from them.
It is ok, and she did just that.

I second what TJ says and just let them know you would like it canceled and refunded.
__________________
AJ
gallery
The Willow Garden

Spellbinders DT Coordinator


willosmama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:17 PM   #38
Mad Swapper
 
Melissa Hannant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 1,696
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by steubnerView Post
I understand your frustration, but bashing them on a public forum is not the best way to go about this. It seems like at this point you're just trying to make them look bad, not resolve the issue. There are two sides to everything, which makes situations like these best hashed out privately.

Well I don't feel she is bashing them outright. What are we supposed to do, only talk about good things and pretend that nothing bad ever happens? Utopia doesn't exist. Seems like she's getting the run around. The things that are happening to her aren't condusive to a well run business. I too had a so so experience with them and don't think I will order again.
__________________
Melissa
Melissa Hannant is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:18 PM   #39
Compulsive Stamper
 
ScrappingStampingMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by peggView Post
I think if they want to continue to grow and succeed, they need to hire some help in order to improve their shipping times.

You are spot on!!!
ScrappingStampingMama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:32 PM   #40
Gallery Gazer
 
stargirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,063
Default

I haven't ordered from them, but I will say this: Companies suffer from growing pains, just like children! I remember SU! has had to move several times, and one time shipping was so delayed that SU! sent all their demos a free set for their pains! (I hope I'm remembering that right!) SU! is a HUGE company with vast resources and an excellent reputation, but they aren't always perfect. It's likely that these girls will get a hold of things in time. And as far as CHA, you can't expect stampers to behave reasonably on that front, business owners or not

You don't have to buy from them again, but this is probably just a blip on the radar in what will probably be a very successful business.
__________________
Carla
My Gallery My BLOG! Paper Pastorale
My Etsy
My A Muse Studio
stargirl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off