Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-07-2004, 09:44 AM   #41
Stazon Splitcoast

Any kind of card is going to be much appreciated!!!! So Send on! And thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-07-2004, 05:58 PM   #42
Pearl-ExPert

Keri,

It is great that you are organizing this and sooo close to your due date as well. How are we going to know once you have the baby? Are we gonna get updates once the little once make its grand entrance? Do you think you can have computer access at the hospital? LOL

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:47 PM   #43
Insane Embellisher

3 cheers for Keri. You have done a great job of organizing this. We have friends of the family that are in active duty. Our prayers to you and your family and the soon to be new addition.
Ya know when I have a bad day, your situation makes me realize that I have nothing to pout about. I suck it up and move on with a smile. It really puts things into prospective when you think about it.

Not to change the subject, DawnStampin- Did you say something about Wausau...I am a hop skip and a jump from there. What fun it would be to get together sometime. Schrades to I bet! She is always up to meeting a fellow stamper.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:53 PM   #44
Stazon Splitcoast

Keri, Thanks for the updates on the cards to our troops.....I am so glad that so many people from SCS are getting involved. I know it is going to make many people far from home very happy. Keep us posted....
Now I have to get busy and make you more!!!
Old 07-08-2004, 01:05 AM   #45
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning Girls! Thanks for all the kind words...and the cards are just pouring in!!!! WOW!
As for the baby news...no news yet. But I will post when we are on the way and I will have my hubby or my mom get on and let you know what it is when we finally do get to meet our newest little someone! Just the thought of labor right now ...ugh, is there no other way....wouldn't it be nice if that whole "stork" thing really worked!!!!!????!!!!! LOL
Old 07-08-2004, 02:17 AM   #46
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

Well the only thing that got me through labor was that godsend of an epidural.... Didn't get the chance with the last one though, was only in labor 3 hours TOTAL with him and by the time I got to hospital he decided he wanted out.... Natural childbirth is INSANE!!!! Good luck and hope everything goes smoothly!!
Old 07-08-2004, 02:23 AM   #47
Stazon Splitcoast

Kar!!! You are too funny. I am an all natural kinda girl. I went all natural with the first and plan on it for this one too...it was not as bad as I thought it would be. I just can't wait to meet my new little love and smell and snuggle...ohhhh just can't wait!
Old 07-08-2004, 02:35 AM   #48
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

Keri,
Guess I am not a "Natural" kind of girl... glad don't have to go through "Labor" again... well unless there would be an accident (better not be)!!
Old 07-08-2004, 05:14 AM   #49
Pearl-ExPert

I thought natural childbirth meant - no makeup!
But i'm a fine one to talk. All 3 of mine were sections. Despite the nurse pointing out contractions on the monitor to dh, I never felt a thing with the first, and never got that close with the other 2. I wish you a smooth delivery, and full nights' sleep by 4 weks.
Keri - is your family near you? how far will you be traveling? Up to NJ? We have a spare room, and lots of baby and toddler/preschooler stuff.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:17 AM   #50
Pearl-ExPert

I knew I wanted to add something else - grocery shopping with a 2 yo and infant. Do you have one of those front packs? like the baby bjorn? Absolute salvation for me.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:22 AM   #51
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue, that is exactly what I plan on doing when I have to go grocery shopping!!! One on the front and one in the cart!!! Still a little scary though. And as for family. My parents are in FL and Adams are in NC but the rest of our family is in NJ!!!! Mostly northern NJ about two hours from Freehold....
Old 07-08-2004, 05:35 AM   #52
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Keri,
It's me again with more pregnancy stories. I had my first two c-section then my third was natural with two epidurals-that was a nightmare-he took forever to get here. So I vowed natural was the best way to go. So, number four was natural-she was my biggest at 8lb. 5oz. I felt great. My fifth came in four hours and I was feeling like it was a piece of cake! Along came my sweet angel, Aimee, and because of my advanced age(?) they made me have another c-section. ARGHHHHH! My scar is from belly button on down. I hate it! Anyway, natural is the only way to go! So you go girl and we'll pray for fast and easy. Aren't babies just a little slice of heaven. I'm so excited for you. Hey, I wonder if we could have an SCS online baby shower? Just an idea! Kim
Old 07-08-2004, 05:44 AM   #53
Stazon Splitcoast

I am beginning to pray in earnest that this one comes soon..today would be nice. My first was EIGHT POUNDS EIGHT OUNCES!!! And they say they just get bigger each time...the thought of bigger is a little unnerving but I have a "perfect" build for it....I have a nice wide pelvis and I am good and tall, Five foot ten!!! And normaly about thirty one pounds lighter!!! LOL
Funny story, my little brother who is seven asked me a few weeks ago if I was six foot tall. And I told him "No I am just two inches shy of it!" He then pushed on my belly and said "Well if that would just go in you would be six foot tall!" He thinks that I am bending my back to get it to stick out and so in his logical mind, if I were to just stand straight I would gain those last two inches!!! LOL
Old 07-08-2004, 06:17 AM   #54
Matboard Maniac

Too funny Keri!! Kids make the most amazing observations!! I had 2 c-sections for totally different reasons. The 2nd was the worst because I hemorrhaged - ugh! But it ended up being a blessing because the cord was around Jordan's neck and it could have been horrible had I pushed.
I'm sure your height is a great advantage. My friend who is 5' 11'' (and almost all legs and arms) actually helped pull out her 2nd baby - oh my!!
Lots of hugs and prayers for the next few days. I'm sending out my package for the troops today or tomorrow. And I've got a baby card ready to go once we get the big announcement!!! Take care and have a good day. Stay cool!!! Julie Ann
Old 07-08-2004, 06:29 AM   #55
Stampin' Fool

Keri,

Just thought I'd tell you, my kids got smaller as I went along, so there is some hope. My first was over 10 lbs, my second and third were twins, 6 lbs each, and my fourth was only a bit over 7 lbs. I'll tell you what, after the 10 pounder, the others practically fell out.

Good luck, and I hope you pop soon!

Carolyn
Old 07-08-2004, 06:36 AM   #56
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

Carolyn, that is to funny... My mother in laws friend had 12 lb babies both were that way.. they are now grown and very big and tall... Mine were all under 8 lbs so that wasn't so bad.. my last one I only gained 12 lbs but seemed to have kept about 15 or so.. go figure... Reading some of these pregnancy stories makes me glad I am going to have no more!!! 3 is enough in this house!!
Old 07-08-2004, 09:45 AM   #57
Matboard Maniac

Keri - Heading to the post office now with a package for the troops!! Julie Ann
Old 07-08-2004, 03:41 PM   #58
Stazon Splitcoast

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU TO.....Neppie. Kay and Denise!!! We have over four hundred cards on their way tomorrow morning!!!! WOOO HOOOO!!! I will count and make sure the final total but it is over four hundred now!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2004, 06:35 AM   #59
Stazon Splitcoast

Go read the post FIRST GROUP TO THE TROOPS...final number has been posted!!!!!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...pic.php?t=4202