Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-20-2007, 07:01 AM   #41
Matboard Maniac

My demo is awesome, but it's easier for me to go to her I pass her house anytime I go into the city anyway, and it's an excuse to visit.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-20-2007, 07:17 AM   #42
Pearl-ExPert

Mine now lives out of state, she just has it shipped to my house.

When we lived nearby to each other I picked up, but only because she lived in the city near to where I would pick up my work, so it just made sense for me to pick up from her. When I was HER demo I would deliver to her but again, because it only made sense since I was passing by her house on the way to my work. The rest of my customers I always delivered unless there were some that worked outside the home and wanted to swing by on the way home from work. I always gave them a choice. And when I had another demo they always made me go pick up from their homes. No choice.

I would prefer to think that demos should either deliver them or have them shipped to customers homes if they are individual orders. Sometimes as in the situation it makes more sense for customers to swing by but I think from a customer service standpoint it is the extra mile.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:22 AM   #43
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaiTiView Post
If it's a party, then the hostess delivers the product, not me.
Oh yes, I forgot to add that -- I always delivered to the HOSTESS if it was a party, good detail. Hostess should deliver to their customers, I think that only makes sense if you are asking your friends to shell out money to benefit you than you should deliver or at least give them a choice. Just my opinion.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:22 AM   #44
Gallery Gazer

I am not a demo, but if I was, I would record the gas mileage it takes me to deliver the orders and take it off on my taxes! Just another cost of running a business!
Old 11-20-2007, 07:25 AM   #45
Pearl-ExPert

I always deliver orders to my customers, unless someone wants to pick it up from me or if it's an individual order I'll have it shipped right to them. But for parties I always get the orders so I can check for mistakes, etc and then take it to the hostess or even sometimes to each customer. I'm a little shocked to hear people say their consultants don't deliver, I think that's that's part of your "job" and good customer service!

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com
Old 11-20-2007, 07:29 AM   #46
Insane Embellisher

me and my friends take turns picking it up because we have a stamp club that meets monthly.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:43 AM   #47
Polyshrink Goddess

I deliver mine except for people that I work with. Those I bring to work with me and distribute there. If I were not planning to deliver, I would certainly have it delivered directly to the hostesses home.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:41 AM   #48
Kookie Creator

I offer to deliver unless they want to pick it up themselves. I just think it's nice to have the option. I have a couple of customers that live 30-45 minutes away. I'll deliver to them because my mom lives near and it gives me an excuse to go visit.
I'll pick up checks and orders too. I think of it as part of my job.. and what a sweet job! Everyone is excited to see me with their goodies.
I keep track of my gas mileage too.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:04 AM   #49
Inking Addict

I also live in the country. That means no street address so my orders can't come right to me. I wish we had a choice of shipping companies.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #50
Hardware Hotshot

Even though I'm a demonstrator can I answer?

1. If the customer lives out of town, then I have the order directly shipped to her from SU, via UPS

2. If the customer's order is placed through a hostess' workshop, then no, because the entire workshop order is delivered to the hostess (usually directly from SU via UPS)

3. If customer's order is shipped to me then I arrange to have it delivered to her house (or workplace, if requested). Usually I am the delivery person, but occassionally my 21 yr DS also heps with deliveries.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:42 AM   #51
Watercolor Wizard

My demo's husband delivers mine. He works right down the street from me. This is really more convenient than I have had it in the past with other demo's.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Old 11-20-2007, 11:01 AM   #52
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindy_haffnerView Post
Thanks for the infor girls. My Demo won't deliver, I live in the country and she is the closest one. I was thinking of being my own Demo, but, since learning that they haven't drop the prices for us Canadians, guess I'll be driving to get my goodies.
Just a couple of comments for you Cindy:
- If you order, and either have an order over $100, or are willing to pay the minimum shipping ($9.95), it'll save you the drive (unless you only order at parties ... remember you can submit your own orders to your demo)
- Being your own demo will still save you money - it will save you the 20% on everything you order.

I'm a demo - and like a lot of demos here, I do a combination - with minimum shipping higher in Canada, I end up getting orders shipped to me, but then sometimes customers pick it up, and other times it gets delivered.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:18 AM   #53
scrapperazzi

Quote:

Originally Posted by mypixiegirlView Post
I also live in the country. That means no street address so my orders can't come right to me. I wish we had a choice of shipping companies.
We might not be able to vote without the street address but we can get our SU! products delivered to us via UPS, without one.

I'm a demo that lives in the country. Part of the reason I'm a demo is the delivery to my door, I don't have to track down my old demo or drive into town to get my products.