Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-03-2015, 01:04 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default does anyone use an auction sniper for Ebay?

I use an auction sniper to make my bids for me, and today was the third time in the past month that my winning bid has been the final amount that I put in, and it's always an odd number, like 27.68... I'm beginning to wonder if the auction sniper tool that I"m using is somehow faulty and is making me bid against myself?
Has this happened to anyone?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2015, 01:51 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Never have used it. I am not temperamentally capable of doing auctions. Makes me a nervous wreck. I only do Buy it Now.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2015, 02:30 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Yep, I do Buy it Now also!. Don't have time to wait on bidding.

I Want It Now!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2015, 03:40 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use it. But somehow i still manage to lose the auction. I became frustrated after I had been the winning bidder up to the final 1-2 minutes and boom - someone else won at a much higher price.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2015, 04:44 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't, but this is what I do and I win nearly every auction I participate in. It was a tip shared with me by one of the eBay gurus early on.

Don't show your hand until the final minute or two of the auction – you can watch an item but don't place a bid. Make sure that your browser is refreshing or keep a very close eye on the clock. About one minute before the auction ends, type in the maximum amount that you would pay for the item.

Sometimes someone's auto bid will top me at the last minute, but not that often! This technique eliminates peoples' competitiveness artificially pumping up the price, and most people assume there will be no more action on the item if there's been no additional bids in the days since they made the last one. Hope you win the next one at a good price!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2015, 06:05 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post
Yep, I do Buy it Now also!. Don't have time to wait on bidding.

I Want It Now!!!!!
ME THREE!!!! ;). I like to use the watch list as a wish / let's think about this list.

Jennik
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2015, 07:30 PM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppydarlingView Post
I don't, but this is what I do and I win nearly every auction I participate in. It was a tip shared with me by one of the eBay gurus early on.

Don't show your hand until the final minute or two of the auction – you can watch an item but don't place a bid. Make sure that your browser is refreshing or keep a very close eye on the clock. About one minute before the auction ends, type in the maximum amount that you would pay for the item.

Sometimes someone's auto bid will top me at the last minute, but not that often! This technique eliminates peoples' competitiveness artificially pumping up the price, and most people assume there will be no more action on the item if there's been no additional bids in the days since they made the last one. Hope you win the next one at a good price!
That is pretty much how I do it too. No idea about programs. If I cant be there for it, I wait as long as I can and then pop in my max on a single bid. If you go back and do it, they see 2 bids but only 1 value. It's a give away the bidder has now put in a max.

Dont wait too close. It can take time for a bid to transmit (as we are talking seconds)

Remember that the bids go in increments which get bigger as the price goes up. It may be that your top bid is needed to get towards that increment? Look at the bid history and see what the next bid down was.

I haunt the newbie boards to give advice. I am tired of the Ebay xxxx's threads. If they would read the rules they would solve 90% of their issues before they even happen. But that's ebay's fault-they really dont teach well and keep saying how easy it is to sell. No it isnt. Which is exactly why I dont sell there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2015, 09:38 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tip! I will try it. Usually I do buy it now as much as possible. And somehow I always seem to find the 2 stamping items that are high dollar. Why can't I find and like some "yucky" ones that only I like ???

Right now I am stalking the tulip embossing folder by stamping up and the Manhattan flower stamp ( or was it 5th avenue ?) also by stampin up.
Came across some pretty cards in Pinterest and then went to find those stamps...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2015, 10:51 AM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

Copperkids...

When searching in ebay, remember many people dont "get" stamps...so they might not even mention a brand...search on the design ie Holly wreaths or whatever it is.

Also there are often mis-spellings/typos so check what seems like common ones.

aka throw your net wide if you are not coming up with enough.

Do you know how to sort? Tell it to sort lowest price (plus shipping) first. That isnt perfect-they go up/down a bit, I dont know why but it's a start.

I always advise sellers to clearly show sizes on a ruler/grid but at least tell us in the description.....and to show us the rubber side. "Loved" stamps mean a lot of things.

If you ever have any Qs...PM me and I will try to help you out!
Reply With Quote Likes