Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-31-2008, 05:28 PM   #1
Gabfest Goddess

Default Do you think SU would ever consider doing this...?

Hi everyone!

I was thinking.... each go around, I like a bunch of the Hostess sets, but money is tight so I can never swing a regular monthly order for a club or place a $150 order at once. BUT, if they did something like let you earn it with cumulative orders through a SINGLE demo, wouldn't that be cool? I can say for me, I know I would order more, no doubt. The way I think about it now is that say I want to place an order that would be $40. I put it off for one, I don't NEED the stuff and two, I keep thinking maybe I will have the money for a bigger order OR I can get a few people together OR maybe even have a party. None of those things end up happening so I end up NOT ordering and making due with what I have or something else. If you were credited through a single demo only, that would keep things fair. Is this a dumb idea? I don't really see a down side, or a BIG down side ... I do wish they'd do it!

Cindy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-31-2008, 06:56 PM   #2
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Might be tough for the demo to keep track of, but I like your idea.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:09 PM   #3
Die Cut Diva

It is an intriguing idea. I'm not sure Stampin' Up! could or ever would do this, but it never hurts to ask your current demo what, if anything, she might be willing to work out with you.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:29 PM   #4
Mad Swapper

This is why a lot of demo's offer Stamp Clubs. Ask your demo if she offers one--with a club, you spend a minimal amount each month (my club members spend $25) and each member gets their chance at being the hostess.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:47 PM   #5
Insane Embellisher

I think you have a few options. Take advantage of some of the sales going on. Right now there are a few of the new stamp sets on sale. Have a catalog party and take orders without having a regular party. Those can easily build you up to getting a hostess set.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:35 PM   #6
Gallery Gazer

There are a lot of demos who do a punch card type reward system like one punch per $10 then when you hit X amount over time you get a stamp set or something. It's up to each demo to offer it or not at this time and each demo can decide the amount needed to fill a card and the prize. I think SU!'s thought on this matter is that $150 to receive benefits is quite low and if you don't order that much on your own you can ask a friend or two to order with you.
Mary Beth
Old 09-01-2008, 04:44 AM   #7
Glitter Guru

As a last resort you could always check Ebay for the hostess sets.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:49 AM   #8
Mad Swapper

I'm a hobby demo (ie, I am my only customer), and I would love it if SU! let us accumulate purchases towards a higher level hostess set.

Kathy
Old 09-01-2008, 07:03 AM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast

But if they did do this, customers would no longer want to do workshops. The actual workshops are important to a demo as many of us pick up new customers from them.
I could see if they would let you earn a set from the regular line, then it would be great, but not the hostess sets.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:04 AM   #10
Gabfest Goddess

Well, sure, I could go in with others, but the few others I do know that would do it all have their own (other) demos or just don't want to spend that much, either. I can't afford to get into a monthly club even for $25 right now. But I'll usually ask for $50 worth of SU for my bday and then $50 for Christmas, and I could make up the other $50 at some point, so it would be really cool.

Geez, not to be harsh, but NO demos I've ever known have offered ANYTHING near a cool thing like punch cards or free sets. Never. That would be really neat.

I just don't see the negative for SU to do this, and I think most demos could easily handle keeping track of it, I mean they are handling the other aspects of the business.

Cindy
Old 09-01-2008, 07:05 AM   #11
Stazon Splitcoast

ALso, if they started to give away free sets for XX dollars, the prices on everthing in the catty would go up to pay for it as well.
Maybe you could a differetn demo in your area that does have specials or even one from somewhere else that can just have the order sent right to you.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:30 AM   #12
Matboard Maniac

I like the hostess set also. But like you $$ is tight. I buy the set after it retires here on SCS. Just an idea if you can wait.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:42 AM   #13
Polyshrink Goddess

I just buy them on ebay or trade a SU Demo for them. You might want to do try either option.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #14
Pearl-ExPert

I like the idea as well. For me, it's not the level one hostess sets I like but usually the twos or threes. I would never be able to spend that much at once. And I have never been able to hostess a party to be able to earn one. Being able to accumulate points towards a future free gift would be a nice thing for SU to do. Yes, you can get these sets on ebay, but they go for a lot of money. More than I would be willing to pay.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:29 AM   #15
Rubber Obsessor

I would suggest finding a demo that you really like & building a relationship with her through some regular orders, even small ones. It wouldn't hurt to also refer some folks to her. I have become friends with my Demo and she has done me favors a couple of times when she knew I really wanted a set. Sometimes demo's get extra sets, especially the level one hostess sets. Your demo may find a way to let you earn one of her extras if you are one of her regular customers.

Good luck,
Pam
Old 09-02-2008, 10:13 AM   #16
Stazon Splitcoast

Unfortunately, SU demos cannot purchase the hostess sets themselves. Or rather, they have limited access...there is a catalog preorder period where they can purchase ONE ONLY of the level two and three sets (they still have to choose which level two and which level 3, they can't get all of them). Demos don't even see level 1 sets until the catalog is out. Basically, demos simply can't offer that service because they don't have the access to get as many hostess sets as they want.

SU's not likely to offer this, because as has been mentioned, the sets are the hook to get people to host workshops. Even with all the online ordering capabilities they will be offering soon, the workshop is the backbone of their marketing program. They need those hostess sets to be exclusive to hostesses.

There are many demos who offer various incentive programs, and some even give away hostess sets from time to time. I have, myself. But they are the "extra" sets I earn here and there. I have no way to offer that as an incentive to anybody, just the ability to offer it as a doorprize, maybe...

Try to remember that while SU pays for the hostess sets and the Free Hostess Merchandise earned, anything else comes directly out of the demo's pocket. Many demos simply can't afford to offer more "stuff" the way that big-time, top-earning demos can.

Your best bet may be to try and find a demo that offers something like a "Stamper's Ten" group, where the monthly commitment is only $15. It does take longer to get to your turn to be hostess, but it's certainly more affordable to the individuals, and often you can talk a friend or two into joining with you (hey, what's $15, right?? LOL) to help fill the group.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:48 PM   #17
Stazon Splitcoast

This would be a paperwork nightmare....
Blessings.