Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-26-2007, 01:35 PM   #41
Embossing Fanatic

Thanks for the picture. I really like how you do it! Donna
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-26-2007, 05:10 PM   #42
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingmontmomView Post
I also photocopy my stickers before adhering them onto the stamps as soon as I get them. With the old sets, i just set them sticker side down in a group on my printer/copier and laid a black towel over them to photocopy those as well. It worked pretty well, although I haven't done any of my non-SU stamps.
Me too. As soon as I received the stamps, I photocopied the stickers before they were divided and adhered to the blocks with the stamp. I actually made 2 copies - one was cut to fit into the same stamp set box, and the other put into a binder. The reason I wanted an extra copy for the plastic holder was to make sure I put the right stamps with the right sets if I had a bunch of sets out while doing a project. This also helps me to arrange them in the plastic box so they all fit properly.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:46 PM   #43
Rubber Obsessor

I just stamped an index card for all my stamps(did this over a couple of days). I will stamp new sets as I get them. I still need to put them in a binder. I'm still trying to decide what categories I want. Thanks for your suggestions on this forum. Lil
Old 12-10-2007, 06:21 AM   #44
Compulsive Stamper

I wrote the name of each set and the # of images, then stamped each image from each set on sheets of cardstock. The first time, I used black and it was a pain to get them all clean when I was doing so many at once. (hmmmm maybe my collection is getting out of hand... oh well, I love my SU demo and I'm more than happy to keep buying!) I sorted them by type- floral, text, Christmas, background, kiddie, etc., and put them in sheet protectors in a binder. It was a good reminder for me of what I have and what has been sitting for a while, and if a stamp ever wanders I will know where it goes. I already had a set where I couldn't figure out what was missing- found in a different box, this system is good for that too. I'm getting a ton of Inque Boutique clear stamps this week -CAN'T WAIT- and will do something similar with those right away as well.

I wish I would have thought to start photocopying or scanning the block sticker sheets right away when I started this madness 5 years ago!
Old 12-10-2007, 06:56 AM   #45
Insane Embellisher

For me, I would photocopy the full sheet of the sticker sheets before tearing it apart. For the older sets that I did not do this for, I just photocopied the page from the Stampin Up catalog. Another option: I think you can go to the Stampin Up website, click on the stamp set (of course, it would have to be a current one) and print.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:23 AM   #46
Pearl-ExPert

I did this when I was a SU demo.

I listed them all by name and then next to them whether it was a Hostess set or not. I listed the price and I also put next to it whether I got it with comission or by some other reward type of demo offer, I think there were a few sets I got for free for reaching some sort of sales amount I think.

It really neat to see what I had actually paid for and what I had earned for free by commission/offers, etc. It was nice to be able to show DH that I really wasn't spending all our hard earned money, LOL.

At the end of the catalog year I kept a catalog and ripped out the pages that held pictures of my stamp sets I had purchased. Kept them each year so I had a directory of them all.

Other than that I didn't spend any special time cataloging or stamping or photocopying anything for inventory.

In fact I recently broke up sets so I could use the words that came inside fewer used sets so I am glad I have a page out of the catalog in case I ever DO sell a set I will know what set goes with what.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:26 AM   #47
Pearl-ExPert

I stamped mine a set per page, and then organized them in the binder in alphabetical order. I still don't have all of the sets stamped and don't have any of my non SU! ones indexed yet. It is so much easier to just go through the binder instead of trying to go through the stamp sets.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:47 AM   #48
Stampin' Fool

I am very thankful that at the very first workshop I attended, she mentioned doing this. So I have a notebook of every stamp I've gotten over the years.

I do index the text stamps twice: once with the set it goes with and again on the "sentiment only" pages. This helps me keep up with what Words Stamps I have.

Leslie
Old 12-15-2007, 07:26 PM   #49
Polyshrink Goddess

I like the idea of stamping the sentiments twice and keeping them on a sentiments only page. I also like the idea of printing the index page from SCS. This sounds like a good January project after all the chaos of the holidays has gone away. Thanks for the great ideas!
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Old 12-16-2007, 09:52 AM   #50
Matboard Maniac

I am stamping all my stamps SU/Non SU on 5x7 index cards. The sentiments are stamped twice. I sort them by the categories I use most. Masculine, Kids, Floral, Christmas, Bella's (it also has my Hanna's), Cardbacks, Halloween/Holidays, Decorative, Nature, Misc and Wheels.

I also stamped the wheels that co-ordinate with sets on the back of the sets. For example, Carte Postale has Leaves a la Carte on the back. That way I don't forget I have a co-ordinating wheel.

At the top of each index card I write the set name if it is SU. If it is not stampin up, it's unmounted so I write the title of the CD case I put it in. For example I have "Hanna -- It's Rain Time", and "MFT -- Think Pink". For stamps that I didn't buy in sets I have generic CD cases titled "Sentiments", "Baby", "Moons", "Hearts & Love".

I have also started indexing my stamp pads, embossing powders, coloured/water colour pencils, watercolour crayons, stickles, cuttlebug/sizzix embossing folders (sorted right into the stamp categories), and punches.

Since I don't have SU cardstock I can just hold up the piece of cs to my index of green inkpads and select the one that goes best. It has cut down a lot on me pulling all of one colour out and stamping each colour on a scrap piece of paper EVERY time I stamp.

I can also pull out my index card of punches and see which punch fits over a stamp. I love my index system. It sure has helped since I started doing it.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:18 AM   #51
Matboard Maniac

Smile

I flip the box over and scan it with the stamps inside, then print out the sheet and store it in a file in alphabetical order of set name.
I also find the file useful when I have 'stamper's block' and need some inspiration!
Old 12-16-2007, 10:54 AM   #52
Pearl-ExPert

oh, 1chrystal - that is a great idea - I keep wondering how to remember how elegant eggplant will look on the different purples of SU cs, and stuff like that. I think I will figure out a system like yours so I don't have to waste a lot of ink or paper finding the right colors that work for a project.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:29 AM   #53
Gallery Gazer

While I haven't indexed my stamps yet, I have stamped an index page(s) of my dye inks. I just took a stamp and an ink pad and stamped the image 5 or 6 times in a line on a sheet of paper. Then I just wrote the name of ink, like Memories Barn Red under the images. I grouped by mgf then by color, i.e. all the greens together by Memories. I put the stamped pages in sheet protectors in a binder. It's great when trying to match ink to paper, to ribbon and very easy to pull just those pages out when going paper shopping. Also if I need to have yet another shade of blue ink pad, I'll know which ones I have at home, I have bought duplicates!
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
Old 12-16-2007, 01:53 PM   #54
Kookie Creator

I stamp my stamps onto cardstock with black ink (I use cheap walmart CS for this) and put them in page protectors in a binder. I have little colored sticky dots I put on the stamps or box if it is an SU set and then the stamps are in baskets or shelves. I have the shelves and baskets color coded the same way so I can find things easier. I tried to do it by categories in the beginning and gave up. Plus I found by not putting them in categories, I often use a stamp I might not have thought of. The only exception is my SU stamps which are by nature, words/alphabets, backgrounds, wheels, holiday and 'other'. It's worked well for me.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:04 PM   #55
Stampin' Fool

I keep an inventory of all of my stamps. Best thing I ever did! When I bring home new stamps they don't get put away until I stamp them in my book. I have a 5 by 8 tapestry covered dayrunner that I use. Stamps are put together by theme. I also write down where the stamp is (for um stamps I write down the name of the cd case it's in). Whenever I start a card I look through my book to see what would work. It really saves me time because I don't have to look through everything I own to decide on which stamp to use.

All of my cd cases and su cases have a white label printed with black ink on the side identifying them. I don't know about you but I can't read the su label that comes with the sets. My label maker is great. It has different size fonts to choose from.

I may be just a tad bit o/c.

Remember - never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
Fan Club Member