Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-15-2008, 09:05 PM   #121
Sassy Shani

Yep, I used the link right from your blog!
Quote:

Originally Posted by emilymomto3boysView Post
oh no~!

Did you order it there? You can email them to still use the code - they are REALLY helpful.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-17-2008, 01:18 AM   #122
Insane Embellisher

What is the shipping cost at The Stamp Castle?? I couldnt find it anywhere on their site. Did I miss it somewhere???
Old 06-17-2008, 07:02 AM   #123
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I had to check halfway out to see that info. And I cannot remember now what it was!

Old 06-17-2008, 08:43 AM   #124
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatGirlThereView Post
What is the shipping cost at The Stamp Castle?? I couldnt find it anywhere on their site. Did I miss it somewhere???
I was looking for it yesterday too. Couldn't find it! In the end I put some stuff into my cart and checked out. Before the order was finalised the cost to ship those items was shown.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:32 AM   #125
Glitter Queen

Default Superservice from JustRite

I just have to tell you about the absolutely marvellous service JustRite has given me. I had unfortunatly gotten hold of a monogram stamper in a shop here in Norway that was from the batch that had a fault. I wrote to JustRite this morning (norwegian time) and now I have gotten an answer from them saying that they will send me a brand new monogram stamper! That is excellent service, and I am so happy that I at last will get a monogram stamper I can use my borders on.

AND.... the greatest thing of all is that they tell me that in July at the CHA Tradeshow in Chicago they will be introducing 20 additional items for the monogram stamper! Ooooh.. I wish I was there! They will give sneakpeaks on Just Rites blogg sometime in July.

I just can not wait to see what's comming!
Old 06-23-2008, 10:48 AM   #126
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnuppelineView Post
AND.... the greatest thing of all is that they tell me that in July at the CHA Tradeshow in Chicago they will be introducing 20 additional items for the monogram stamper! Ooooh.. I wish I was there! They will give sneakpeaks on Just Rites blogg sometime in July.

I just can not wait to see what's comming!
This is exciting news! I am using mine a lot and love the accessories I already have. Thanks!
Old 06-23-2008, 05:20 PM   #127
Rubber Obsessor

Craft Fancy in Arlington Heights is having a demonstration and will have product on Sunday at 1:00. Be there, or be Square!
Isaiah 40:31
Old 06-23-2008, 05:41 PM   #128
Compulsive Stamper

Oooo! Thanks so much for sharing, I can hardly wait to see what they add! I hope there's a separate handle option!
Old 06-23-2008, 05:59 PM   #129
Rubber Obsessor

This weekend...Craft Fancy in Arlington Heights is having a demonstration of DIY and will have product to buy! Be there or be Square!
Isaiah 40:31
Old 06-23-2008, 06:06 PM   #130
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnuppelineView Post
AND.... the greatest thing of all is that they tell me that in July at the CHA Tradeshow in Chicago they will be introducing 20 additional items for the monogram stamper!
Uh oh, my checkbook is going to run and hide.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #131
Pearl-ExPert

Yay! I am SET! On Wednesday last week (I think) I received the large monogram stamper. Yesterday I received the small monogram stamper. And TODAY (from Flourishes), I got the two other sets with the wood blocks, the small letters, the Damask borders, and the other borders set with the "From the Desk of", etc.

So far, I've only stamped two envelopes. I put our last initial on the back of one envelope and I stamped my cousin's and his bride-to-be's monogram on the front of an envelope for their wedding card. (I mailed their card/envelope inside a bigger envelope so that I could keep the ribbon tie for the envelope intact -- and put two stamps on it to make SURE it would get to them.)

Now I need to start CASEing the awesome cards in the gallery for ideas for all of the Christmas presents I plan to make.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:24 PM   #132
Insane Embellisher

Oh lucky you, Kimberly!!! I finally ordered last night the Curlz set and the small letters. I really would like to get the big set too. I figured since I read new stuff will be coming out at the CHA show in July, I would wait and hopefully see some more I can order when they finally post them to their site. I cant wait to get mine!! Happy playing with all your goodies
Old 06-24-2008, 04:12 PM   #133
Matboard Maniac

Question Help using stazon

I just got my DIY monogrammer last night and I have a question. I want to stamp with stazon on shrink plastic. Can I use the stamper and a regular stazon ink pad? I read somewhere that you can't ink their pads with stazon because it will ruin the pad because it is a solvent ink. (I only have the big set, not one of the smaller sets with the wooden handle). Is it possible to use the big stamper with an ink pad? I hope this makes sense and TIA!
Old 06-24-2008, 04:50 PM   #134
Kookie Creator

lamcquinn-You can try locking the stamp in place, like when you place the letters in, and try inking it up that way. Some people have said this works for them but it didn't for me. The edge of the stamper kept getting inked and making a circle on my paper. But, if you're going to cut it out or use a punch, it may not be an issue for you. Otherwise, the wooden handle would be your best bet probably. Have fun with it!
Old 06-24-2008, 07:04 PM   #135
Matboard Maniac

Thanks Kelsluvs2scrap! That is exactly what I was going to try and I am going to punch them out. I would have gotten the wooden stamp thing, except Archiver's didn't have it. Of course, I want to do this NOW and not wait for something to be shipped. Thanks again for your quick reply.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:33 PM   #136
Crimping Master

I made a graduation card today, and used the curlz letters for a monogram, and put class of 2008 and AHS for the high school with the small letters on the border. I used the cuttlebug congrats embossing folder, and the curlz letters matched. I'm really liking the DIY sets. A good friend got me the numbers this week. I had ordered the other things, and forgot to get the numbers. Now, I'm eager to see what they come up with next. Hopefully, it will include hearts, and maybe a Merry Christmas Border.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:17 AM   #137
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryEileenView Post
I made a graduation card today, and used the curlz letters for a monogram, and put class of 2008 and AHS for the high school with the small letters on the border. I used the cuttlebug congrats embossing folder, and the curlz letters matched. I'm really liking the DIY sets. A good friend got me the numbers this week. I had ordered the other things, and forgot to get the numbers. Now, I'm eager to see what they come up with next. Hopefully, it will include hearts, and maybe a Merry Christmas Border.
This sounds so cute! Post it in your gallery...I would love to see it!

Denise
Old 06-25-2008, 05:38 AM   #138
Crimping Master

Well Denise, I have a confession to make to you. I don't know how to upload pics to the gallery. I know, you are going to say, "Really?". Yes, really.
I'll have to get someone to show me how to do it. I also don't have sound on my computer since a storm last month. I bought new speakers, and a sound card. The kid in Staples said just pop in the card. I've not a clue.
Eileen
Old 06-26-2008, 09:37 AM   #139
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy_PattiView Post
Is there a trick to getting your letters and border inked really well? I would love to use the system this way to get some different colors for my monograms, but the first few tries didn't work as well as I'd like. If you have any tips - please share!
Actually, we have found that what you are stamping on makes a big difference in your image quality. If you look at the wooden block there is no foam cushion as with traditional wood stamps that most of us are used to. Therefore, if you stamp on a mat (they do make stamp mats) or a mouse pad it provides just enough cushion and give for a crisp image.

Also, this might sound odd but when using the self inking monogram stamper you might need to stand up when pushing down on the stamper to ensure even pressure and no rocking to receive a crisp image.

Finally, the self inking stamper only takes dye based ink because pigmented inks will cause the pad to swell and you will ruin the pad. However, with the wooden blocks that you manually load you can use whatever ink you choose which is the beauty of these DIY stamps...total creative freedom to make your stamps capable of personalizing anything.

Hope these tips help. Please visit the JustRite Blog for future tips and CHA sneek peaks too. We are releasing over 20 items to our product line in July and some of you just might have your stampin wishes come true {wink}.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:38 AM   #140
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by imchattyView Post
Finally, the self inking stamper only takes dye based ink because pigmented inks will cause the pad to swell and you will ruin the pad. However, with the wooden blocks that you manually load you can use whatever ink you choose which is the beauty of these DIY stamps...total creative freedom to make your stamps capable of personalizing anything.
Right after I posted this comment I received an email from the Product Development Dept regarding inks for the self inking JustRite Monogram Stamper. I have cut and pasted it below.

Our pads are easier to ink with dye based inks since their formulation is more liquid than pigment based inks. Due to the construction of our pad the pigment inks do not absorb into the pad. They sit on top of the pad. Stazonís formulation is solvent based and the solvent is alcohol Ė so this particular inkís formulation is more liquid than most blended or pigment based inks and will work in our stamp pad. JustRite is currently testing inks for compatibility and would love to know which inks consumers have tried and found successful.

Hope that helps clears up any ink questions.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:48 AM   #141
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by imchattyView Post
Hope these tips help. Please visit the JustRite Blog for future tips and CHA sneek peaks too. We are releasing over 20 items to our product line in July and some of you just might have your stampin wishes come true {wink}.

TEASE!!
Old 06-26-2008, 01:28 PM   #142
Pearl-ExPert

I found a good online store for the McGill 1-11/16" circle punch that is supposed to work great with the JustRite large monogram stamper.

ScrapbookingWarehouse.com has it for $11.88. They have a flat rate ground shipping of $5.99 (which is cheaper than I've found anywhere else online) but when I changed the shipping to USPS, the shipping dropped to $3.85. (That puts the total price right around the suggested retail of $14.49.)

http://store.scrapbooking-warehouse.com/272931.html

I looked in all of the local stores for this specific punch and no one had it. I even made a special trip TODAY to the local stamp store. They didn't have that punch. (I did luck out on a bunch of other things on clearance, but not a punch.) So I resigned myself to ordering online. I should have just done that in the first place as I could have saved an hour's drive.

I know I can cut the circles with my Cricut machine but I wanted a punch to cut after I've stamped.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:47 PM   #143
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryEileenView Post
Now, I'm eager to see what they come up with next. Hopefully, it will include hearts, and maybe a Merry Christmas Border.
Ooo, yes, themed borders would ROCK!
Old 06-28-2008, 09:14 PM   #144
Matboard Maniac

Question Need Help with DIY monogrammer

I am trying to use the small letters in the border channel to spell out a phrase. It is almost like the channel is too big. It doesn't seem to hold them tight enough. After I stamp, some of the small letters fall off and or go flying. There is no way I can stamp 150 of these if I have to re-do the letters each time! Have some of these been reported as defective? Can some one tell me what I am doing wrong? I have already lost one letter and I don't want to lose anymore.

I love the idea of this tool, but getting it work for me is a pain.

Thanks.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:28 PM   #145
Polyshrink Goddess

I just bought mine today at Archiver's. (heh, new coupon didn't even last a day) I can't wait for a chance to try it! Yay!
Old 06-29-2008, 05:53 AM   #146
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamcquinnView Post
I am trying to use the small letters in the border channel to spell out a phrase. It is almost like the channel is too big. It doesn't seem to hold them tight enough. After I stamp, some of the small letters fall off and or go flying. There is no way I can stamp 150 of these if I have to re-do the letters each time! Have some of these been reported as defective? Can some one tell me what I am doing wrong? I have already lost one letter and I don't want to lose anymore.

I love the idea of this tool, but getting it work for me is a pain.

Thanks.
I'm guessing that perhaps you should contact their customer service as I don't think that should be happening. (I can only imagine how many letters my puppy would have eaten if this were happening to me.)

JustRite LLC
2600 Greenleaf Ave.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
United States
866-405-6414

[email protected]
Business hours are M-F 8am through 5pm Central Standard Time.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:53 AM   #147
Matboard Maniac

Thanks Kimberlyinmn. I did send them an e-mail.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:57 PM   #148
Compulsive Stamper

Sorry if this has already been asked, but ... which font comes with the C-45 kit? Or, rather, does it have the same large times new roman font that is in the $12.95 "damask" kit?

I am putting my order/wish list together for these now. I like the borders in the damask set, but not sure if I need the whole set with the font, or just the borders alone.

Thanks,
Michele
Old 07-17-2008, 01:08 PM   #149
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtmicheleView Post
Sorry if this has already been asked, but ... which font comes with the C-45 kit? Or, rather, does it have the same large times new roman font that is in the $12.95 "damask" kit?

I am putting my order/wish list together for these now. I like the borders in the damask set, but not sure if I need the whole set with the font, or just the borders alone.

Thanks,
Michele
I believe it is the same size, but it is def the TNR that is included. You get one complete alphabet of the large size & two of the small size. I really like the Damask borders too, but I guess the deciding factor for me was a coupon (locally) so I could try it!
Old 07-17-2008, 02:00 PM   #150
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtmicheleView Post

Thanks,
Michele
Yes, the C-45 comes with 1 large Times New Roman font and 1 medium Times New Roman Font.

(So if you also buy the Damask set, you'll end up with 2 large Times New Roman fonts and 1 medium.)
Old 07-17-2008, 02:02 PM   #151
Pearl-ExPert

Have you checked out all of the NEW stuff coming out at CHA?
http://justritestampers.blogspot.com/

Holy Moly....
Old 07-17-2008, 02:20 PM   #152
Glitter Queen

I've got the Just Rite stamper. And I love it but I do have a silly question. When making cards and sending to someone, do I put their initials on the card since it's a card for that person? Or is supposed to look like it's personalized stationary and should have my initial on it? Thanks for the advise!
Old 07-17-2008, 07:19 PM   #153
Stazon Splitcoast

I would say if you are making a card to send to someone then the Monogram or whatever phrase would be yours (HI works ) If you are making cards to give them to give to someone else then it would be their monogram.

HTH.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:23 AM   #154
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dianne RakesView Post
I've got the Just Rite stamper. And I love it but I do have a silly question. When making cards and sending to someone, do I put their initials on the card since it's a card for that person? Or is supposed to look like it's personalized stationary and should have my initial on it? Thanks for the advise!
I am SO glad you asked this question! I've been wondering this myself. I guess I assumed it would be the sender's monogram because the gift sets have the recipient's initials. BUT... I wasn't positive. (And we know what happens when we assume something.)

Thanks for asking the question!

Kimberly
Old 07-18-2008, 07:38 AM   #155
Stazon Splitcoast

As a general rule, you would put your own initials on a card that you are sending to someone else.

However, as crafters, we can break all the rules and set our own!
Old 07-18-2008, 08:44 AM   #156
Stazon Splitcoast

I haven't read all of the posts but I'm going to chime in as the resident idiot on this one.

First of all, love the monogram stamper. I now need the wooden handle but all in good time. Anyway, the instructions are great and after using it once you really get a feel for it. It's a classy tool.

Now... the idiot part. Okay ~ you get into the "zone," right? You are stamping away, happy with the project.... oh now, don't forget to clean those nifty little monogram stamps.... yep - stamp it off first!! ...uh...right... stamp it off first!! Oh cr*p. It will NEVER stamp off LOL!!! Don't stamp it off first!!! HAHA! That sure zapped me out of the "zone"!

I think it's a great product and next year I'll have it for graduation cards since I dragged my feet this year ~ then saw Sharon's fabulous customized grad cards!!
Old 07-18-2008, 08:49 AM   #157
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMNView Post
Have you checked out all of the NEW stuff coming out at CHA?
http://justritestampers.blogspot.com/

Holy Moly....
HOLY MOLY is right!! I hadn't seen any of it before... thanks!! Yeah... thanks a lot . My budget only stretches so far LOL!!! These are beyond cool. I see visions of Christmas projects dancing in my head . I really should subscribe to the blog instead of trusting myself to keep up on the news! Thanks for the reminder. Very very cool stuff.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:12 PM   #158
Inking Addict

Default Wooden stamper

After seeing all the posts on the Just Right Stamper, I am seriously thinking about getting one. I see some posts about a wooden handle or stamper but I can't seem to find it on their site. Is it a small round stamper without a handle on it?
Old 07-19-2008, 04:53 AM   #159
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbarahView Post
After seeing all the posts on the Just Right Stamper, I am seriously thinking about getting one. I see some posts about a wooden handle or stamper but I can't seem to find it on their site. Is it a small round stamper without a handle on it?
I couldn't find it on the Just Rite site, but found it where I bought mine.

Just Rite Stamp with Wood You are correct, it is a small round stamper without a handle. I love mine!
Old 07-19-2008, 06:03 PM   #160
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClownmomView Post
Flourishes sells them on their site -- http://www.flourishes.org/servlet/Ca...AMPER%27S+TOYS
I just received the set from flourishes - I ordered the following:

Monogram Stamper & Storage Box
Monogram Stamper Kit - Special Occassions
Monogram Stamper Kit - Damask
Small Letters
Double Sided Dry Ink Pad

The sets work beautifully - although the small letters are really small and takes some practice to put onto the stamp pad. But other than that - this is a really fun set...

The Double Sided Dry Ink Pads work with the autostamper in the large Monogram Stamper & Storage Box...

My only complaint is that the ink pad that comes with the autostamper does not have covers on each side to preserve the ink... the replacement pads do... it would be nice to have the covers so that I can remove the ink pad when not in use.

This is really a nice set and I bought this so that I can create custom cards/stationary for gifts for friends and family...

I have not tried embossing yet...
Blog: Stampaloooza Paper Art Studios
Style: http://www.cafepress.com/stampaloooza