Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-29-2008, 06:28 AM   #81
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by krystie leeView Post
I really had to think hard about any changes I'd like to see, I'm very satisfied.
I know it's heaven already...if it were better i'd just die
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:10 AM   #82
Rubber Obsessor

I took the survery as soon as I saw it...I always come in through the home page for any site I go to...Just in case of things like this.

I only really had technical suggestions.

I wish I could have commented on my own spending. I know exactly what I get to spend each month on craft stuff in general..I don't just see something I like & go, "Oh, I'll spend my monthly budget on this..." I actually have a list...and add things to it & mark it's priority. If it's an item that might get discontinued (for example something that might end up on the SU retired list in June/July), it goes near the top. If it's something I can only get online...it goes lower down b/c I am not a big fan of shopping online...b/c I can't see & feel the thing I need to buy. So I put it at the bottom of the list & then look to make sure I can't buy it (or something like it) when I am shopping at Joanne's or something.

It sounds complicated, but it's not. I just make notes & once a week or so, add them to an excel spreadsheet thing...and then give them a number. The computer automatically organizes them by number...so I can see all my stuff that might go soon & looking at that list...might mean I make only SU purchases that month...or I might save my money to make a larger purchase the next month. And with this...if my mom says, "Is there something I can buy for your birthday that you haven't been able to get yourself...?" I can go to my list...and see if there is a low priority item I have been wanting for a really long time but couldn't afford it, or didn't to buy it over a less available item.

If I am looking around online...I can just add them then..but sometimes when I am out at Joanns...I have to write it down so I don't forget about it.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:29 AM   #83
Hardware Hotshot

I took it~ My only wish is to be able to organize my favorites in folders.... *sigh* THAT would be WONDERFUL.... and save so much time when trying to find something.

As far as the Fan Club Membership fee - I wouldn't feel right coming here as often as I do for ideas, chatting, learning (nearly everyday!) and *not* helping support the site financially.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:51 AM   #84
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbalcerView Post
Erika, no worries on the email address - none of that info is available when we see the responses - just percentages & then on the "fill in the blank" areas, a listing of responses with no identifiable information.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and suggestions with us!
I had it all filled out and then when it got to the part that asked for my email, I worried about that. Why did they need to know that? I just didn't like the fact that there would be a database linking my spending and income habits to my email address.
It seems to be if you are viewing the site and giving them feedback, why do they need that info? If it is just a listing of responses they could assign a serial number to the response to be an identifier.

Maybe SCS would never do such a thing, but I just thought it was too risky - sounded like collecting information for a sales solicitation.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:57 PM   #85
Hardware Hotshot

I've done the survey and think it's great that we can give our input.!!! Tho, there isn't much, if anything i would change. This place keeps me entertained for WAAAYYY too many hours.!
Old 01-29-2008, 06:52 PM   #86
Rubber Obsessor

Chances are...marketing agencies already have your demographic info...and it's probably from something innocuous, like using your local grocery store's "savings" card...they know how much you spend a week, they know if you buy the store vs. national brands. They have also probably even figured out when it's your "time of the month" based on pain relievers & supplies you purchase. Do you pay cash, credit/debit, or with a check? They probably know that, too.

And when you give information to companies you trust (like your bank & credit card company)..."non private" information can still be sold. As in...if it's [public] information that can be found online or at a local hall of records, they get it from them [the bank] instead of doing the research themselves.

Trust me...giving those people your email, age range, & income is the least of your worries.

Plus, the company hosting the survery can look at my email...check with SCS to see how often I log in & post...vs the information I gave them. If I said I don't like the lay out of the site, they go, "Hmm...Maegan actually only logs in once a week...why do we care what that she doesn't like the layout?" But they might look at someone like Kjo13 who says "I would like the site better if it were bright pink & I had to enter TWO passwords instead of ONE." Then they would go...Huh, over 2,000 posts?? If we changed the color of the site, she might actually pony up that cash for the fan club. (Kjo, I just used you as an example...cuz you were the last post before I started this one.)
Old 01-30-2008, 04:44 AM   #87
Gabfest Goddess

THe email address is just to make sure noone answers the survey twice. When the admins get the info - it is just a long line of answers with NO data that would identify anyone - the email address is not included, nor is user name or any other identifier. So be assured that your answers cannot be traced in any way.
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Old 01-30-2008, 09:13 AM   #88
Insane Embellisher

Took the survey. I thank you for all you offer here at SCS. I do appreciate all that goes into this site and have no problem joining. Just the regular stuff is worth the joinging fee. Face it - it takes a lot to keep this site running with all the threads, challenges, swaps, chatter, galleries, Business information - I don't mean just money but time and patience too!
I just want to say thank you for providing the Stamping/Scrapbooking crafters a wonderful site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Website
Old 01-30-2008, 01:58 PM   #89
Matboard Maniac

Yep, filled it in. A few interesting questions.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:08 PM   #90
Dirty Dozen Alumni

One suggestion that I forgot to mention on the survey is that I would LOVE to view a gallery and somehow see which cards I've already commented on, like with a little checkmark or something.

Sometimes I can't remember if I've commented on a card, and I hate scrolling through 4 pages to see. Wouldn't you love to see that?

I posted that in Suggestions ages ago, maybe I'll go bump it.