Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-26-2008, 06:29 PM   #41
Crimping Master

Thanks for the info. Didn't even notice the survey was there. Just took it.

Pamela
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:00 PM   #42
Gabfest Goddess

Default Thanks for your honesty. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassyat30View Post
I agree, but you can collapse the member companies forum so you don't have to see them...that's what I did.

And yup, I took the survey as soon as I saw the link on the home page (how I enter SCS every day).
Hi All,
I just wanted to say thank you for being honest and open to all of those who mentioned things about not liking the member company forums and collapsing them. (Not being snarky- seriously thankful.)

This is the kind of info that the member companies may not get feedback on from the survey and we need to know if you like us or not.

It costs a great deal of money to run a member company forum on here and I didn't know until just now that we could be collapsed. LOL! We need to know if you guys like to come a visit us or if you didn't even know we're here, (Or if you are collapsing us too. LOL! That just strikes me as funny that that's even a possibility but really good info to have.)

So again, keep you comments, both positive and negative coming so we can get a true vibe on how you guys feel about us.

Hugs,
Gina K.
Gina K. Designs

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:44 PM   #43
Gallery Gazer

Oh dear, now I feel bad...

I only 'collapsed' you because I don't online shop. At all. So I have no interest in being tempted when I know I won't order anyway. Now if you offered a bill where I could send you a cheque...I know I would spend more than I should.

I sure have nothing against the MC in principle; just for my own use.

And from what I have seen of you, Gina, and most everyone else, you would be someone I would love to meet!
Old 01-26-2008, 08:19 PM   #44
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardmaker2View Post
Oh dear, now I feel bad...

I only 'collapsed' you because I don't online shop. At all. So I have no interest in being tempted when I know I won't order anyway. Now if you offered a bill where I could send you a cheque...I know I would spend more than I should.

I sure have nothing against the MC in principle; just for my own use.

And from what I have seen of you, Gina, and most everyone else, you would be someone I would love to meet!
OH HEAVENS NO! Don't feel bad at all. You see, this is truly the kind of info we need as member companies. There are all kinds of ways to support SCS, whether thru banner ads or member company forums. We WANT to know what you want. SO does SCS. That's why you should be honest and open.

As far as collapsing the member company forums, that's just fine! Don't you worry about that for a minute. You know, I go on some blogs that have music. I mute my computer. Not because I don't like music, but I have a hard time reading what they've written while I'm listening to music or TV. That certainly doesn't mean I don't like the artist. I just don't want to hear the song at that time.

Just because you collapse us here doesn't mean you don't like us. You may love us and click on our banner ads instead. This is what we want to know. So, again, feel free to be honest because it really, really helps us know where we should spend our advertising dollars in the best way for everyone.

BTW, we do have a choice on our website called print and call. You can place your order and then either call us with payment info or send a check.

See- feedback helps us get our messages out. Thanks soooo much for being honest. It never helps for people to say, "Oh, I love your forum," but never really go there. I'd rather hear the truth so I know what YOU like the best.
It's all good! And I'd like to meet you too.
Hugs,
Gina K.

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:07 PM   #45
Stazon Splitcoast

I did it this morning!! My mind always goes blank when I am asked 'What would you do differently...' All in all I'm pretty satisfied with this site...or I wouldn't keep comin' back!!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:39 PM   #46
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamps'nCoffeeView Post
I did it this morning!! My mind always goes blank when I am asked 'What would you do differently...' All in all I'm pretty satisfied with this site...or I wouldn't keep comin' back!!
ditto!

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Old 01-27-2008, 02:29 AM   #47
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by cramgalView Post
I filled it out. I'm hoping for a sneak peek of the fan club before I commit. I find it hard to put it out there as support when I know there is so much money in advertising here. Maybe it takes a lot more and I am just speaking in ignorance. I do know that I would like the sneak peek because I never start a subscription to a magazine without buying two or three first to see if I even like it. I can't go on someone elses opinion, because honestly I don't necessarily like what others do. KWIM
I suggested that too, like a 1 day free pass....

Old 01-27-2008, 03:47 AM   #48
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonnarieView Post
Yup, I filled it out. I had a couple of suggestions, but if they didn't ever change another thing, I'd still come here every day because it's pretty great the way it is.

Me too!
Old 01-27-2008, 03:50 AM   #49
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
99% of our visitors are women and spend $4000 an hour on stamping stuff!!
Too funny!
Old 01-27-2008, 04:16 AM   #50
Gabfest Goddess

I have been trying for two days to get into the survey to fill it out, but I keep getting a server error message. It's very frustrating!
Old 01-27-2008, 04:16 AM   #51
Pearl-ExPert

Pssst......the survey isn't private. You can't submit the survey unless you plug in your email address at the bottom. Unfortunately, because of this, there were certain things I left off saying because it wasn't confidential.

Old 01-27-2008, 04:17 AM   #52
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy HeartView Post
I have been trying for two days to get into the survey to fill it out, but I keep getting a server error message. It's very frustrating!
I just filled it out without a problem.

Old 01-27-2008, 04:36 AM   #53
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina K. DesignsView Post
OH HEAVENS NO! Don't feel bad at all. You see, this is truly the kind of info we need as member companies. There are all kinds of ways to support SCS, whether thru banner ads or member company forums. We WANT to know what you want. SO does SCS. That's why you should be honest and open.

As far as collapsing the member company forums, that's just fine! Don't you worry about that for a minute. You know, I go on some blogs that have music. I mute my computer. Not because I don't like music, but I have a hard time reading what they've written while I'm listening to music or TV. That certainly doesn't mean I don't like the artist. I just don't want to hear the song at that time.

Just because you collapse us here doesn't mean you don't like us. You may love us and click on our banner ads instead. This is what we want to know. So, again, feel free to be honest because it really, really helps us know where we should spend our advertising dollars in the best way for everyone.

BTW, we do have a choice on our website called print and call. You can place your order and then either call us with payment info or send a check.

See- feedback helps us get our messages out. Thanks soooo much for being honest. It never helps for people to say, "Oh, I love your forum," but never really go there. I'd rather hear the truth so I know what YOU like the best.
It's all good! And I'd like to meet you too.
Hugs,
Gina K.
I still like you though, Gina. I'm a faithful reader of your blog.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:38 AM   #54
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineMamaView Post
Pssst......the survey isn't private. You can't submit the survey unless you plug in your email address at the bottom. Unfortunately, because of this, there were certain things I left off saying because it wasn't confidential.

It shouldn't matter, though. I'm guessing only a very select few will even see the actual survey results...Daven, Jenn and Beate, possibly.

If you aren't honest, it doesn't help at all. JMO
Old 01-27-2008, 04:57 AM   #55
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassyat30View Post
It shouldn't matter, though. I'm guessing only a very select few will even see the actual survey results...Daven, Jenn and Beate, possibly.

If you aren't honest, it doesn't help at all. JMO
Yes, I understand that it doesn't help AS much if I'm not completely honest with my personal suggestions, but I guess it goes back to always feeling targeted (not here, just life in general) when I'm completely and openly honest.

However, I was honest with all of the multiple choice buttons.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:10 AM   #56
Pearl-ExPert

Well, I started to fill out the survey and then I got to the Member Company questions. I personally don't visit MC forums . . . just don't have the time. However, the direction that those questions were going were impossible for me to respond to since I don't participate. I abandonded the survey before I finished because I assume that radio button answers require mandatory responses that I felt did not fit for me at all. There should have been an "N/A to me" option.

As far as the email address issue goes . . . I would have preferred to see the survey offered in a different forum that only registered members can access. It would have offered a greater sense of annonymity and perhaps greater participation?

Don't shoot me . . . just my thoughts. I love this site and have learned so much from everyone here. It's a wonderful sharing and supportive community.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:30 AM   #57
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by wenchieView Post
Well, I started to fill out the survey and then I got to the Member Company questions. I personally don't visit MC forums . . . just don't have the time. However, the direction that those questions were going were impossible for me to respond to since I don't participate. I abandonded the survey before I finished because I assume that radio button answers require mandatory responses that I felt did not fit for me at all. There should have been an "N/A to me" option.

As far as the email address issue goes . . . I would have preferred to see the survey offered in a different forum that only registered members can access. It would have offered a greater sense of annonymity and perhaps greater participation?

Don't shoot me . . . just my thoughts. I love this site and have learned so much from everyone here. It's a wonderful sharing and supportive community.
The radio button questions don't require an answer. I am like you and have no experience with the MC's so I left many of them blank.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:38 AM   #58
Hardware Hotshot

As of my posting only 56 people had responded; I hope there are hundreds more who have taken the survey and not posted. It's a great opportunity to let the SCS gurus know what we really like and don't like. If you don't take the survey, you have no right to gripe :>)

Wanda
Old 01-27-2008, 05:49 AM   #59
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by cramgalView Post
I filled it out. I'm hoping for a sneak peek of the fan club before I commit. I find it hard to put it out there as support when I know there is so much money in advertising here. Maybe it takes a lot more and I am just speaking in ignorance. I do know that I would like the sneak peek because I never start a subscription to a magazine without buying two or three first to see if I even like it. I can't go on someone elses opinion, because honestly I don't necessarily like what others do. KWIM
Filled it out as soon as I saw it!
As far as membership, I would pay even if there weren't any perks. I'm on this site daily and more than once a day. I get more inspiration here than from any magazine I have EVER subscribed to. Only problem with this site, however, is my house would be way cleaner and I would have more money because of things I have purchased because of this site...
SCS Rocks!!!!!
Old 01-27-2008, 07:33 AM   #60
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

The email address is only being used to verify that you are a member here.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:47 AM   #61
Pearl-ExPert

I filled it..don't bother me if they know who i am..lol..i answered honestly, i don't go into the MC's..cause i just hit straight to what i'm really interested in..techniques,tutorials etc. We all know about the MC's..and if you have said company bookmarked, i'm sure you check there anyway on a daily basis.
I'd like the option of faving cards in themes..C'Mas, etc. without having to go thru alll my faves to find something. These are just my own opinions..love the site..and yes i am a paid member..loves ya

When the world says give up, hope whispers, try one more time.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:53 AM   #62
Pearl-ExPert

I meant it was private from the SCSers. I know it may not be private from Daven and his crew. When they see your e-mail address, they may know who you are. But that said, if you cannot tell them what you like and really do not like, it does not do them or the site any good. Changes can often be good, even though we may all think this site is great. If you sit down and think hard, you may be surprised what you can come up with. No site is perfect. This one comes close!

If they do know who I am, what I said, it does not bother me at all. I know Daven would not broadcast my list of what I would like to see as changes.

Quote:

MY GALLERY

"Do Not Take Yourself too Seriously.... No One Else Does"

Last edited by denidill; 01-27-2008 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: sentence structure
Old 01-27-2008, 08:12 AM   #63
Insane Embellisher

Just took it.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:43 AM   #64
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I filled out the survey. The only thing I asked for and you probably won't agree is a ebay like section for selling our craft stuff. I think that would be really great!
Pinterest
Old 01-27-2008, 08:58 AM   #65
Stazon Splitcoast

I did it too.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:29 PM   #66
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Yes, I understand that it doesn't help AS much if I'm not completely honest with my personal suggestions, but I guess it goes back to always feeling targeted (not here, just life in general) when I'm completely and openly honest.

However, I was honest with all of the multiple choice buttons.
Erika, no worries on the email address - none of that info is available when we see the responses - just percentages & then on the "fill in the blank" areas, a listing of responses with no identifiable information.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and suggestions with us!
Old 01-27-2008, 04:17 PM   #67
Die Cut Diva

I just took it.

And for those people who are worried about how private it is or putting some of your "personal" info on there, they are probably using this for marketing purposes. It helps sell advertising on the site. SCS wants to be able to tell a possible advertiser that the avg. member is 36, lives in the US and spends $500 (which is probably low) on stamping stuff. I seriously doubt the SCS crew is out there matching up our income level to our e-mail address. Notice also, it is done by an outside survey company. SCS is probably just going to get a report back.
Believe me, most marketers know more about you than you think, without even having you take a survey.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:47 AM   #68
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWDStampView Post
I just took it.

And for those people who are worried about how private it is or putting some of your "personal" info on there, they are probably using this for marketing purposes. It helps sell advertising on the site. SCS wants to be able to tell a possible advertiser that the avg. member is 36, lives in the US and spends $500 (which is probably low) on stamping stuff. I seriously doubt the SCS crew is out there matching up our income level to our e-mail address. Notice also, it is done by an outside survey company. SCS is probably just going to get a report back.
Believe me, most marketers know more about you than you think, without even having you take a survey.
Yes, and knowing the integrity of SCS, I'm sure that all of your personal info will stay personal. LOL! I took the survey and pretty much said, "Hi, this is Gina K. and here are my suggestions and things I'd like to see." I don't think they will be mad at me for my suggestions or comments.

This is all about gathering info to find out what we all want to make this site even better.

It's also great info for future advertising to see where you like to see new products and info. So, please, take the survey.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:13 AM   #69
Insane Embellisher

I took the survey. I liked someone's suggestion earlier about member company galleries... cool idea, didn't think of that until now! I suggested that SCS offer blog hosting for a small fee if necessary, or made it a perk for Fan Club members. Since the number of paper crafts blogs are growing and there are so many different general blog host sites out there, I thought it would be good if SCS offered blogs for more of its members. It would just be another way to better connect the community of stampers and paper crafters IMO.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:14 AM   #70
Insane Embellisher

and p.s.... I love the member company forums! No collapsing here. I check them out all the time!
Old 01-28-2008, 06:49 AM   #71
Full of Malarky

I took the survey straight away! Personally, I really enjoy the member companies, and so far have bought from Gina K, MFT, Crafty Secrets, Bella , and I have plans to purchase from Hanna Stamps as soon as Februrary 1st arrives!

I realize that the site has to be funded somehow, and the very inexpensive fan club price is hardly going to cover it, so I am glad for both the stamping related banners and the Member companies.

I am so thrilled to have learned about all of these new companies - and love the sketch challenges etc that they run!

My 2 cents!

Oh... and I love the sneak peeks!!!

Old 01-28-2008, 07:48 AM   #72
Pearl-ExPert

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy HeartView Post
Hmm. Daven posted the actual "ugly" link; let us know if it still doesn't work for you. Here it is:

http://app.icontact.com/icp/sub/surv...9630&cid=40065

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen70View Post
Thanks for letting us know. I hardly ever go to the home page. Anyway, I just finished the survey. This is a great site!
*shock* You mean there are SCSers out there whose browser homepage *isn't* SCS???

Tee hee.

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?
Old 01-28-2008, 08:07 AM   #73
Crimping Master

Completed.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:46 AM   #74
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carebear530View Post
Just did it! Requested galleries for other stamping companies. Hope my wish comes true!
Me too, while I don't own many other stamps than SU I would like to purchase some but want to see samples with them before I do. That is how I pick my SU stamps to purchase, why not the rest. It doesn't have to be stamp set specific like the SU part of the gallery but just a spot for Gina K, Bella, etc.
Project 365 blog
Old 01-28-2008, 10:01 AM   #75
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Been there and done it! I found it a couple of days ago.

I left a few suggestions.

Nothing major!
Old 01-28-2008, 11:05 AM   #76
Stazon Splitcoast

I did the survey last night. And although I'm certain it will never come to pass, I suggested an area where all the independent demos of all the companies like SU, CTMH, TAC etc. could post any specials that they are offering exclusively to them. Even if it required a fee. Sometimes, you have to do things to keep yourself out of pending etc. Last year, without knowing it was against the rules, I posted a special I was offering in addition to one that SU was offering on the DSP. Of course it got removed but not before one interested SCS'r saw it and contacted me. That order kept me out of pending. But, I know I'm dreaming here. LOL
Old 01-28-2008, 05:26 PM   #77
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paperdoll StephView Post
and p.s.... I love the member company forums! No collapsing here. I check them out all the time!

I agree, I love the member co. forums. I like getting to know the real live people who have built their business. I do wish I could just click on an icon and go to their sites rather than having to find out which forum has a link or googling it. But I am just a bit lazy and would rather spend the time finding a technique etc.

I love Gina K and Hanna, I just have to wait a bit to buy from them. I think they are so very original and seem like really nice ladies.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:19 AM   #78
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by pure-n-simpleView Post
I agree, I love the member co. forums. I like getting to know the real live people who have built their business. I do wish I could just click on an icon and go to their sites rather than having to find out which forum has a link or googling it. But I am just a bit lazy and would rather spend the time finding a technique etc.

I love Gina K and Hanna, I just have to wait a bit to buy from them. I think they are so very original and seem like really nice ladies.
Hi Jennie,
You are so sweet. I just wanted to let you know that each member company has a banner at the top of their forum. If you click on the banner, it will take you the member companies actual website.

If you have trouble finding the member company forums, you just have click on forums up top and then scroll about halfway down. We're right there.
Hugs,
Gina K.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:15 AM   #79
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for the link, never saw it. Took the survey.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:24 AM   #80
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carebear530View Post
Just did it! Requested galleries for other stamping companies. Hope my wish comes true!
This was my only suggestion as well. I'm an SU! demo but hobby only and purchase tons from other companies.