Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: How Much Did You Buy from Papertrey Last Night/Today
0 203 61.70%
$1 - $35 0 0%
$36 - $75 70 21.28%
$75 - $150 40 12.16%
$151 or more 16 4.86%
Voters: 329. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2008, 10:55 AM   #41
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
No, I did not. In fact, one of the reason I sent in my papers to re sign under SU was to give me a focus on my spending. So, I looked (really nice stuff!) but didn't buy. I still haven't used some of my previously purchased must have PTI stamps!
This is exactly why I didn't spend. I am already a demo, but I need to keep my spending with SU for a little while. I hate that I have stamps that haven't been inked and that is the case with both some PTI and new SU stuff I have. I do want that polka dot set though! So for now I am being good.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-15-2008, 11:24 AM   #42
Matboard Maniac

I bought the polka dot set-had to get it. Also 6X6 paper, 12 sheets of each cardstock, both inks and refills. Would have bought ribbon but could not find it on the site. I figure this will make many cards. Will probably by the Blessing set later.

I love their stuff but do plan to primarily stick with SU due to service, variety and support. That said-I love acrylic stamps and wish SU would change over to them.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:32 AM   #43
Rubber Obsessor

I bought it all, and then some... added a few more egg boxes and some reinkers to my order. I am a hobby demo for SU, but am planning on letting that run out. There are too many fantastic things out there I want to spread my dollars around to, I don't want it all tied up in SU. Not to mention I feel sick every time I look in my craft room at the amount of stuff I have. My plan was to start the "stamp to spend" challenge after this month's PT release, so I had one last hurrah, I guess.

{My Gallery}
Old 02-15-2008, 11:43 AM   #44
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by koopdedooView Post
You sent in your SU! resign papers??? (see, and I'm thinking this is my last SU! quarter, I don't need enough to make the minimum and there is so much other stuff I want to try, and I can't afford both....)
It appears from some messages that I've received that my post is not clear. I did not "resign" from SU, I re-joined....
Old 02-15-2008, 11:57 AM   #45
Forum Fanatic

I didn't order. I probably won't only because I'm an SU only gal. But, I do think that the the whole coordinating line is just beautiful. The stamp sets were really nice too. If I was to buy something, it would be the cross set.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:06 PM   #46
Mad Swapper

I wasn't planning on ordering because I've ordered a couple of the Nesties sets in the past couple of days, but when I saw Everyday Blessings and talked with my dh about the lovely things I could make for our church, I ordered it along with some more of the wonderful white cs, a couple of reinkers, and another spot to try the color out. Put me right at $40 for free shipping. Not too bad, but I'm slowing down on buying more stamps because of the multitude I already own.

Smiles,
Anne
Old 02-15-2008, 12:20 PM   #47
Glitter Guru

My total came to $70, but I price-pooled with some friends to get the free shipping so I'll only end up paying $30 - $35.

I got both of the new color collections and I'm splitting the paper and ribbon with a friend. Figured I should try it out since I love thier white carstock and I loved the colors!

Question // If art is subjective, then why are we objective in making it?
Old 02-15-2008, 12:35 PM   #48
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm gonna wait a few months then order a bunch of papers and maybe the dot set. But for now I didn't order anything.

Oh and I fully expect to win the contest with all the stamps for a whole year too of course! teeheehee
Old 02-15-2008, 12:50 PM   #49
Gallery Gazer

I bought the new sets, the new paper(had to-I love their white paper!!!), ink, and some of the new ribbon. I can't wait until the stitched ribbon comes in so I can get that too...I am a sucker for stitched ribbon (ok for any ribbon ) I also got a few of the egg boxes b/c I was in love with the samples. Now I just have to force myself to USE the stuff I bought....I am very bad about "collecting" stamps and supplies and then never touching them......I am really working on it though

Now to just sit and patiently wait until they get here

My SUO Blog~Merry Stamps
My blog~ Merry Musings

Do you love Tastefully Simple?? Click HERE for fabulous recipes and to browse the catalog!
Old 02-15-2008, 01:39 PM   #50
Polyshrink Goddess

I didn't order anything. I'm new to the world of papercrafting and stamping and went um...insane, yes, that's the word I'm looking for, INSANE ordering stuff from various online stores. I also just placed my first order with SU, so I need to
wait a bit before I order stuff from Papertrey. Actually, that's not quite right. I'm waiting for their next order of Nestabilities. I'm going to order their white cardstock and the full set of Nesties when they come in. And um, one stamp set. And then I'm gonna step away from the Visa card. Very, very far away.

For the record, while I think the first two colours PT released are very elegant, I'm not crazy about them.

What was the question again?
Old 02-15-2008, 01:44 PM   #51
Stazon Splitcoast

got two packages of white cardstock, the two new satin ribbons and the Every day blessings stamps set....just what I need are more stamps...lol I just got 13 new sets from SU yesterday...yikes.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:11 PM   #52
Kookie Creator

I didn't buy anything but am hoping to place an order maybe in a couple months. I am still working on getting sets from last year...Little Lady and Text Boxed. I am new to clear stamps and have Out On A Limb and Green Thumb waiting for me to play with that. I do like the way you can see where you are placing the image, and I love (and am impressed) with PT's stamp quality. I am interested in the Aqua Mist color, but will probably just get the CS and ink. I already have a ton of ribbon, and I'm sure something in that stash must match this color!
Old 02-15-2008, 02:27 PM   #53
Kookie Creator

I just bought new stuff from PT. I got the white cardstock everyone's talking about, the borders & corners square set (I got the oval and circle set a while back), the Polka Dot Basics set (love polka dots!), and the Shapes by Design set. I wanted a few more but held back until later.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:28 PM   #54
Insane Embellisher

Bought 4 new sets, matching paper, ink and ribbon, white cs, egg boxes and scrubber pad
Old 02-15-2008, 05:44 PM   #55
ked
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I bought too much, for sure. Paper, ink, ribbon, PP, 2 egg boxes, and 3 stamp sets. Geesh, good thing I'm still working one day a week! LOL
Old 02-15-2008, 06:23 PM   #56
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
No, I did not. In fact, one of the reason I sent in my papers to re sign under SU was to give me a focus on my spending. So, I looked (really nice stuff!) but didn't buy. I still haven't used some of my previously purchased must have PTI stamps!

Woo hoo, I hadn't heard that you "offically" rejoined- I know you kept going back and forth about your decision. Welcome back to the cult!
Old 02-15-2008, 06:45 PM   #57
Pearl-ExPert

I had to have the polka dot set and I got Just Hatched and 2 egg boxes. I was able to exercise some control with this release. I have so much paper already that I decided I did not need to have the new cardstock, dp and ribbon just now.

My Blog

Visit My Garden
Old 02-15-2008, 06:52 PM   #58
Gabfest Goddess

Love the new stuff! I got 2 new stamp sets and an old stamp set, aqua cardstock, some ribbon, and ink pads, and a couple egg boxes. Can't wait for it to show up so I can play! lol
Old 02-15-2008, 07:35 PM   #59
Pearl-ExPert

i am not going to spent i dime on papertrey anymore!!!
bought so much stuff there and in januarey nestabilieties. one ring came not in 100% good condition, took pics of it and asked to have just this ring replaced with my next order ($300 worth).
it took forever to get a ansewer (not only that i have waited a long time to get them ordered) but i was also told until the die is not broken there is nothing wrong with it.

helloooo... in any other store i would have been able to replace / exchange a piece that has obviously a manufacturing mistake.

there are other stores out there.
welll i wonder if this was worth to loose a 300 dollar order or have just one ring replaced and at the end a happy customer that comes back?!

My SCS Gallery
My blog
: Pretty Pressings
Designer for Magnolia, Sweden, Lili of the Valley and Sir Stampalot
Old 02-15-2008, 07:50 PM   #60
Stazon Splitcoast

I have about $50 in my "basket," but I haven't hit submit yet. I get overwhelmed when there are so many choices, and I just opt out. LOL I want *everything*, but I can't have it, and I can't decide!

I'll probably end up with the Women set, some more PTI white cs, and some of the Aqua Mist stuff.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:34 PM   #61
Hardware Hotshot

I ordered $44, I had to get over that free shipping amount!

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/dstfrommi
Old 02-15-2008, 08:35 PM   #62
Pearl-ExPert

I liked the set with the Bible verses in it and I do really like their papers, but it's so expensive to get it shipped to Canada. I'm thinking I will get a larger order this summer when we'll be visiting the States and I can take advantage of the free shipping and no border costs, which I have to pay if I order PTI shipped to Canada.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:57 PM   #63
Glitter Guru

I placed my order yesterday and it shipped. I ordered way too much, but am so excited! I love their White CS! Can't wait to play with my new stuff!
Old 02-15-2008, 10:18 PM   #64
Stazon Splitcoast

Claudia, I'm sorry about the bad experience. Does the ring work? I mean, does it both cut and emboss the same as the others in the set? Seems like if it isn't performing correctly, it should be replaced... Good luck getting this resolved. I have every confidence in PTI; I think you should try again.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:31 PM   #65
Pearl-ExPert

hi betsy,
no it does not work good.
it looks like, when they in the factory poored the metal in the die, there was a piece of resedue or a stick still sitting in the die. now this part is very very thin. my husband works as a materieals ingeneer he is a black belt and he said the problem is obviously a manufactoring problem.
iam am really angry about this. iam not blaming anybody sending me a product thats not okay ... things like this CAN happen - no problem but it is not okay.. so just replace that ring. i had an other order sitting there so they could have just put that for me in the envie and i would have payed for shipping them the defect back. dont get it

as said.. i do order a lot of stuff for my european friends and i will not reccomend this store cause if you have a problem and a store acts like this to a customer in the us ... what should a international customer do?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
Claudia, I'm sorry about the bad experience. Does the ring work? I mean, does it both cut and emboss the same as the others in the set? Seems like if it isn't performing correctly, it should be replaced... Good luck getting this resolved. I have every confidence in PTI; I think you should try again.

My SCS Gallery
My blog
Old 02-16-2008, 12:50 PM   #66
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Claudia,
I had a problem with my rectangles. I contacted Spellbinders directly, even though I bought them from a different place and they asked that I send them back. They got them, said that they were indeed defective and sent me a whole new set.

Spellbinders is wonderful to deal with and really backs their products.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:04 PM   #67
Hardware Hotshot

I got 4 old stamp sets so I could get the free set. Sad thing is they were out of the 2 sets I wanted so I bought sets I didnt really want LOL....

it is a disease....

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Old 02-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #68
Mad Swapper

I bought everything! I love PTI!
Old 02-16-2008, 02:30 PM   #69
Die Cut Diva

I haven't purchased anything yet. I really liked the polka dots set, but the others really didn't excite me. I want sets that are really versatile and didn't feel that the newest sets fit that area. I do like the new papers and ribbons, but I've already invested A LOT in SU cardstock and think I'll probably stick with that. I can always change my mind later... right?
Old 02-16-2008, 02:44 PM   #70
Glitter Guru

Ok, so I placed an order after all.
But I'm blaming Debbie Olson! She has some beautiful samples on her blog using the Spring Moss ribbon -- I had to order it! So, of course, I needed the cardstock to match. Yeah, I know you're rolling your eyes!

I also ordered the Everday Blessings set -- I just kept looking at the beautiful quotes and scriptures in that set (so different!) and knew I had to have 'em. I ended up spending $56 . . . . see, this is what happens when I get bored!
Old 02-16-2008, 02:47 PM   #71
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Oh dear...I held off from the release party as I am a great impulse buyer and wanted to give myself time to really think about what I want...

I just received a big SU order so figured I really shouldnt buy anything from PTI this month...

But my hubby is away this weekend dirtbiking (his VERY expensive hobby!) and I really 'need' the polka dot set and the women of life set...I am afraid I might drink a glass of wine later and my impulsiveness might get the better of me...oh dear...better stay away from the computer tonite

Sarah
Old 02-16-2008, 03:27 PM   #72
Pearl-ExPert

yes... some kind lady pm-ed me with that tip... was it you?
thank you
i did sent customer service a message
Quote:

Originally Posted by larueView Post
Hi Claudia,
I had a problem with my rectangles. I contacted Spellbinders directly, even though I bought them from a different place and they asked that I send them back. They got them, said that they were indeed defective and sent me a whole new set.

Spellbinders is wonderful to deal with and really backs their products.

My SCS Gallery
My blog
Old 02-16-2008, 04:11 PM   #73
Pearl-ExPert

You are very welcome

The best of luck to you.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:30 PM   #74
Insane Embellisher

ok. I didn't order the first night, but I spent $58 tonight. Still have more I want to buy...just no more money!
Old 02-16-2008, 05:30 PM   #75
Glitter Guru

I ordered Everyday Blessings....

I had sworn to myself that I was going to get nothing else.

And before I knew it Spring Moss CS and ink, then Aqua Mist CS and ink jumped into my cart and the submit order button somehow clicked itself!

I think I am ok with this....actually I am wicked excited! My order shipped this morning and I ordered yesterday at 7am!
Faerey Blog
Old 02-16-2008, 05:40 PM   #76
Crimping Master

Claudia, please contact Spellbinders directly. I'm on the DTs at both places, and PTI is a distributor for Spellbinders. If there was in fact a manufacturing problem, Spellbinders will be more than happy to rectify the situation. Please LMK if I can be of any further assistance.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:05 PM   #77
Die Cut Diva

What was the cutoff date to qualify for the anniversary set that will be sent out later this month? Was it Feb. 12th? I know I read that the new promotion starts Feb. 15th, 2008 - Feb. 14th, 2009. So would the last cutoff probably be Feb. 14th as well?
Old 02-16-2008, 06:38 PM   #78
Chat Box Chick Enabler

I LOVE everything I've seen from PTI!
But, haven't bought anything, ever, yet. Just no moo-lah!
But....I'm about to start selling cards so PTI will be one of the first places I order when I get some spending money!
Keep it up Nichole!
Old 02-16-2008, 06:51 PM   #79
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMNView Post
What was the cutoff date to qualify for the anniversary set that will be sent out later this month? Was it Feb. 12th? I know I read that the new promotion starts Feb. 15th, 2008 - Feb. 14th, 2009. So would the last cutoff probably be Feb. 14th as well?
It was February 14th at 11:59PM EST. Okay, that's good. So now I only have eleven sets to buy until next February 14th. LOL
Old 02-16-2008, 07:32 PM   #80
Gabfest Goddess

I don't need any more stamps no matter how cute (OK, there is one Stampendous stamp set I think I NEED... but...) so I got some of the cardstock, ribbon and ink pads, but just enough to get free shipping. I hope the paper is as good as it looks because I LOVE good CS!