Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-20-2020, 06:39 AM   #1  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts
Default Dedicated word DP packs?

I am currently going thru all my catalogs of all kinds to clear out....including card. I am cutting out pics of cards where I like a color combo, or layout...etc

I noticed something in the CTMH books....a lot of their DP (designer paper) collections will have 1 page with tiny type word print. I happen to like these for background layers or horizontal border strips...typical for me, I like only 1-2 pieces in a paper pack.

It occurred to me that I would LOVE it if a paper mfg or other company would come out with a dedicated work paper pack. Esp in 6 x 6..... or 12 x 12 if the font is card scaled. Could have friendship words, get well words, holiday words, love words, etc. One pack could be standard typewriter font or one could be small script, or it could have one sheet of each...

I have bought a number of BG (background) stamps with this. But if I could have new packs every year with different tiny fonts/colors...maybe white that I could sponge to match my card....that would be very cool in my mind. There are so many fonts in the world. I could see this having a long run. 

Would anyone else like to see this?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2020, 06:48 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 288 Likes on 114 Posts

I think that packs like you describe would be very useful! I have a couple of the CTMH paper packs that included the text sheet - Laid Back and Pretty Paisleys (both VERY old) - and they have come in very handy!

Unless/until someone comes up with such a thing, you could create your own by loading up your MISTI (or similar) with a bunch of words and stamp the whole shebang at once.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2020, 07:15 AM   #3  
Proud Fan Club Member

I dont have enough sentiments of a class to do that in the type font...hmmm.....good idea though if one wanted to mix fonts! I have some BG stamps like that too. (of course)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2020, 07:30 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I probably am misinterpreting (so what’s new) but packs of sentiment stickers are out there. I haven’t used them but had a couple at one point and they were really nice. Tim Holtz has some - some are single words - and there are tons on Etsy - sometimes longer sentiments that can go on the inside of cards. Some of those have clear backgrounds, some themes (like sympathy), lots of types.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2020, 04:39 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Simon Says Stamp has a series of pre-printed trimmable sentiment cards for a bunch of different occasions. They’re mostly $2.99 for 4 sheets. Here’s one example: Simon Says Stamp SENTIMENT STRIPS BIRTHDAY sent0919bdy at Simon Says STAMP!

Altenew, My Favorite Things, and Avery Elle also have sentiment stamp sets designed to be cut into strips if you want a coordinated look. And I love the Taylored Expressions Simple Strips stamp and die set because it’s so easy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2020, 08:55 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 288 Likes on 114 Posts

It is my understanding that what wavejumper is referring to isn't stickers or stamp sets, but patterned papers that are words only, like this:

or this:

Last edited by gregzgurl; 05-23-2020 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: Got it wrong the first time...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2020, 08:06 PM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member

Sorry. Usual for me my description is poor.

Sue is right. I am not looking for single sentiments. I want DP papers that have tiny type print (probably...size 6 or eight) in a whole 6 x 6 size pad, so it is scaled well for cards, though sometimes the 12 x 12 is ok. I would be ok if it is one design in different colors (ie Christmas theme), of course I would prefer mixed themes but from a production POV I know one design would be more practical.
Of course now I cant find a sample for you (sigh) I can say that Simon says stamp makes 6 x 6 BG stamps like this...ie You are, Love is, You matter, etc. except my papers' fonts are even smaller.

this is another script 12 x 12 script too but the idea
Echo Park Wise Men Still Seek Him Peaceful Plaid Paper

It's late now but I will look in my stash tomorrow and find examples. I know I have some single sheets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2020, 06:55 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Sorry. Usual for me my description is poor.
Sue is right. I am not looking for single sentiments. I want DP papers that have tiny type print (probably...size 6 or eight) in a whole 6 x 6 size pad, so it is scaled well for cards, though sometimes the 12 x 12 is ok. I would be ok if it is one design in different colors (ie Christmas theme), of course I would prefer mixed themes but from a production POV I know one design would be more practical.
Of course now I cant find a sample for you (sigh) I can say that Simon says stamp makes 6 x 6 BG stamps like this...ie You are, Love is, You matter, etc. except my papers' fonts are even smaller.
this is another script 12 x 12 script too but the idea
Echo Park Wise Men Still Seek Him Peaceful Plaid Paper
It's late now but I will look in my stash tomorrow and find examples. I know I have some single sheets.

I have some Christmas paper like that. Once we can socialize again, I'll bring it when we have our long overdue get-together. I'm not using it, and I'd like to give it to someone who will give it a good home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2020, 11:10 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

Have you considered creating your own on the computer? Type up different sentiments, words, copy/paste until you get the coverage you want. You could change the font type/size for any look you want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2020, 04:29 PM   #10  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Jeanette!

Carla I dont work on the computer or do digital...but thanks for the idea.

I found a piece in my stash....Carta Bella Christmas coll Gift tags. I dont know this company but you can see what I am talking about. It is the olive side.

Christmas Collection Gift Tags 12 x 12 Double-Sided Scrapbook Paper by Carta Bella

I can cut down what I have to 6 x 6 but I would love it if I could get in a pad already...could be in different colors same pattern or asst sentiments would be nice too. I wonder if this could be a way for the companies to re-use older patterns?
Reply With Quote Likes