Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-31-2011, 01:14 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cricut help needed

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask this question but i'm going to give it awhirl. I have the small cricut. I've had it for a year now but haven't used it that much. I recently purchaed the word party cart and want to make a train on a track for our baby's room. The problem is that when i try to cut the track it only lets me make it about 2 inches wide. i'm assuming that is because the cricut thinks that if it's any bigger it will be longer than the 12 inch mat. Is that correct? is there any way around that? I don't care how long it is because i can just repeat the image once it is wide enough. Any suggestions? I have a friend that is going to let me borrow her expression. Is there a way tomake it work on that?

thanks,
robin
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2011, 04:45 PM   #2  
RCB
Stampin' Fool

I think that you're right about that --- the cricut's thinking won't allow anything bigger than what it is able to cut, based on the size of the mat. Sometimes you can outsmart that machine, but probably not in this instance. If there is a way around it, then I'd like to learn how too, so I'll be checking in to see what others have to say as well. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2011, 04:58 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

Did you try the engaging "real dial size" button? It might be trying to keep all the images in proportion to each other. I have the original Critcut, too and I only rarely run into a problem. There are things you can't cut to the proper size, like envelopes and cards from "Wild Card" and "Just Because Cards". I cut all my fonts for scrapbooking with my Cricut and don't have to buy letter stickers.

If you still have a problem, I would suggest posting on the Cricut.com forum. I was having a problem with "Quarter Note" and someone posted the solution for me in about 15 minutes. Good luck and enjoy your Cricut!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2011, 04:58 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried to use a different orientation setting? I have a Create - also uses the 6x12 mats. Sometimes this helps cut larger images.

Good Luck.
Reply With Quote Likes