Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-16-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
Compulsive Stamper

Default Credit where credit is due...

WOW, I just got my CARDS magazine (may 0 in the mail yesterday, so as I was perusing it (meaning, sitting up in bed 2 hrs longer reading every single page ..I LOVE this mag!), I was totally blown away to see this AMAZING, beautiful card on pg 142 (BIG OLE' "FLOWAHBELLA"!), and you know what the instructions say? "Stamp an image onto white cardstock, fill in with colored pencils and ink the edges."

Seriously, they list 20+ different companies/products, (and half a page of instructions on how to make the ENVELOPE!), but NO MENTION OF BELLA!! Under products, for "stamps, marker" they list CTMH! (probably the HB sentiment...)

What is up with that? Seriously, is there someone who owns that stamp and DOESN"T know what the line is called? Surely the editors are more astute than that!

It is an extremely nice card, very highly detailed, and I would CASE it in an instant. Don't get me wrong, love the card, love the mag layout. But I think Bella got seriously short-changed (my sons would say "powned" a gamers term for bein' on the short end of the stick!) having her in her full page glory, and NO NAME. "Stamp an image..." Shame on you CARDS, you are better than that.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-16-2008, 03:13 PM   #2
Matboard Maniac

I'm sorry, I don't have anything to offer except for how hilarious is it to think of the work pwned being applied to stamping! I live in a house with 3 twenty-something hardcore videogaming men, and I hear that word 1500 times a day. It's always going to get a giggle now!
Old 04-16-2008, 03:30 PM   #3
Mad Swapper

Maybe you can send a note to the magazine and let them know they goofed so they can try and fix it next issue. I know that's never the same but still...