Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-05-2008, 04:22 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creative help needed!!!

My stepfather passed away and I'm looking to make a photo display board with pictures of our family and friends for people to view at the viewing. My creative energies are tapped right now with other details. Do any of you wonderfully creative ladies have any resources for ideas for something like this. I need to have it ready for tomorrow night and I'm just at such a loss. I want it to look nice. I have a display board (and lots of paper) but don't know where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jody
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 05:17 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Jody My condolences on your families loss.

I don't have any samples for you to see but I am sure it will turn out beautifully.
Once you get started on it I am sure it will just fall together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 06:40 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Sorry to hear of your loss Jody.

I don't have any samples I'm afraid but my advice would be to keep it simple. Not only do you have a lot to contend with right now but at a viewing, I think people are most likely to concentrate on the pictures rather than anything you do around them. If you focus on laying out the pictures so they make an attractive arrangement (maybe even "tell a story" if they lend themselves to that) I think you'll end up with a tribute you'll be happy with.

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2008, 07:08 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

((Jody)) I'm so sorry for your loss. I had to do a board for my brother several years ago. About the only thing I can think of is perhaps to mat the photos with the same paper. Lots of times the pictures are so random, so different from each other that they look sort of jumbled. If they're all matted with black or navy or whatever, I think it sort of helps to unify.

OK, one more...please consider having an outsider (as in "not family," perhaps a friend of yours) help you. She might be more able to step back from the emotions. I know when I was doing David's I kept getting sucked into the memory of the picture and thus bogged down.

More hugs to you...you'll get through this.
Reply With Quote Likes