Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-20-2008, 10:12 PM   #41
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok Kayla...life got in the way and I only finished 112 cards for you. They are in the priority mail box and will be on their way to you tomorrow. Please let me know when they arrive.
Amber
Old 11-21-2008, 08:26 AM   #42
Rubber Obsessor

only 112 cards, amber?!?! i don't think that's anything to be ashamed about. i can't wait to see them; thanks so much for putting in so much time and effort to help!
i'm getting closer; I finished my milk cartons completely (I had to fill them with candy while my kids were sleeping or they go nuts and think they need to eat every piece in sight!), and I'm nearly done with my clipboard calendars. hopefully i can keep working...

Kayla
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-21-2008, 08:37 AM   #43
Pearl-ExPert

112 cards, Wow! My package is going to look so small and measly in comparison. Mine was sent priority as well.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:53 AM   #44
Stazon Splitcoast

Jenn...I am sure that what you are sending is lovely...It is not the quantity but the quality and I am sure your stuff is top of the line...It feels so good to help someone else...
Mailed off the box this am...might get a few more things done this weekend and get mailed on Monday...cant promise anything though....
Blessings.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:54 AM   #45
Stazon Splitcoast

PS. Jenn I moved to Las Vegas from North East Illinois...Rockford area...it was nice there but I hated the cold winters....
Blessings.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:40 AM   #46
Glitter Guru

When and where in Iowa is the event???

I may just have to come and buy some of her goodies and help her out that way!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 01:44 PM   #47
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh..bless your heart NancyLuvsMickey...the craft thing is a week away, I hope she responds.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:55 PM   #48
Rubber Obsessor

wow! i was busy crafting while my kids slept for awhile this afternoon and this thread has been hopping! the craft fair is in se south dakota (beresford- about maybe 1/2 hour from the iowa line) next saturday from 9-3. last year it was a pretty big craft fair (for this area, anyway), so I'm excited to see what it's like this year (especially now that I've gotten over my crisis!). thanks everyone for everything--you have no idea how much i appreciate your help and kindness!
Kayla
Old 11-22-2008, 08:55 PM   #49
Matboard Maniac

Congrats on the baby! Enjoy!
Do we have the most generous people on SCS? How sweet of you Amber to do so much, and anyone else who has offered to help you out. Good people.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:32 PM   #50
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyboxermomView Post
This probably isn't the best time for you to be doing a craft fair. Besides parenting 2 infants alone, you have what I call a hormone tornado going on inside! You need to rest and enjoy those kids - there will be other craft fairs. You could still make beautiful things but take the pressure off of yourself for now!
Ditto and amen!!
My Facebook Page!
Old 11-22-2008, 10:59 PM   #51
Matboard Maniac

Wow! I think it's so amazing the way stampers have come together to help Kayla. I have an 18 month old and I can understand her frustration. Congratulations Kayla for dreaming big and making it happen!
Old 11-23-2008, 10:06 PM   #52
Stazon Splitcoast

Kayla..you will have to report back to us after the sale next weekend and let us know how you did...I will be thinking of you and shooting up prayers that you have an awesome day of sales. Best of luck and Happy Thanksgiving.
blessing.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:17 PM   #53
Matboard Maniac

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by koolnkraftyView Post
Congrats on the baby! Enjoy!
Do we have the most generous people on SCS? How sweet of you Amber to do so much, and anyone else who has offered to help you out. Good people.
I agree...so kind and selfless! Complete strangers willing to give to others with nothing in return? Not very common these days...I love SCS!
Old 11-24-2008, 07:30 AM   #54
Compulsive Stamper

Default I would like to help!

I was concerned about your decision to do a craft fair under your current circumstances. But, since you decided to go ahead, and since I'm very inspired by the people here who hopped right in to help you get ready, I have something I'd like to send you today. Please PM your address to me and I'll get it in the mail this afternoon.

I hope your booth is a huge success, and then you give yourself some well-deserved rest!

Michelle

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdriesenView Post
I don't normally post, but I am so frustrated I could cry.

I am supposed to do a craft fair in two weeks. I was really excited and pumped up to go, and I had all these plans on what I wanted to make. But...I just had a baby 3 weeks ago, and I have an 18 month old running around, and my husband is a long-haul truck driver, so I NEVER get a break from my kids and I have no time to sit down and make my stuff. My baby just went to bed early tonight, so I thought I would keep working on a Christmas clipboard I've been making. I got almost all the way done, and stamped the lettering on with regular ink. I wanted to mod podge over it, so I thought I would protect the ink (keep it from running) by spraying acrylic sealer over it first. BIG MISTAKE. Now everything looks fuzzy and you can totally see the spots where the sealer did not take. It looks horrible. I just pondered over it for a while, and I don't think I can fix it. I even started coloring the letters in again with a black permanent marker to make them pop again, but then my marker stopped working. What a nightmare. I just don't know how I am going to get everything done. I just wanted to get my name out there and have some fun making beautiful things, but the truth is, I'm not having any fun right now.
I figured it's probably not just me that gets in over my head with things like this, but I just wanted to vent and I knew there are probably plenty of people on SCS that have been where I am.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:32 AM   #55
Compulsive Stamper

Default Only 112 Cards?

You are amazing! What a sweet thing you have done for this lady! I'm quite inspired by everyone who jumped in to help Kayla so she'd have inventory for her show.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
Ok Kayla...life got in the way and I only finished 112 cards for you. They are in the priority mail box and will be on their way to you tomorrow. Please let me know when they arrive.
Amber
Old 11-24-2008, 07:57 AM   #56
Glitter Guru

Quote:

wow! i was busy crafting while my kids slept for awhile this afternoon and this thread has been hopping! the craft fair is in se south dakota (beresford- about maybe 1/2 hour from the iowa line) next saturday from 9-3. last year it was a pretty big craft fair (for this area, anyway), so I'm excited to see what it's like this year (especially now that I've gotten over my crisis!). thanks everyone for everything--you have no idea how much i appreciate your help and kindness!
Kayla
Bummer... I'm on the other side of the state (Illinois side)... So I won't be able to make it to the craft fair... But the weather looks like it's supposed to be nice, so hopefully you'll have a good turn out and sell lots!!!

Nancy...
Old 11-24-2008, 08:28 AM   #57
Rubber Obsessor

thanks, everyone, for all your kind thoughts and actions. it really means a lot to me. my husband isn't trucking this week, so he should be home every evening, so I should be able to get something done! i let you all know how everything goes on saturday- i'm pretty excited, but it will be nice when it's over!!

Kayla
Old 11-24-2008, 09:42 AM   #58
Stazon Splitcoast

It will be like Christmas when the boxes from the ladies here start hitting your doorstep..what fun!
Amber
Old 11-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #59
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

thanks, everyone, for all your kind thoughts and actions. it really means a lot to me. my husband isn't trucking this week, so he should be home every evening, so I should be able to get something done! i let you all know how everything goes on saturday- i'm pretty excited, but it will be nice when it's over!!

Kayla
I know you will get lots done for your craft fair and I know having your husband's loving arms around you will calm you as much as anything! Even though his job takes him away so much, he is so lucky to have a steady job in the present employment crisis.

Your family is in my prayers. Hug those babies for me and your hubby for yourself!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:57 AM   #60
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

PS. Jenn I moved to Las Vegas from North East Illinois...Rockford area...it was nice there but I hated the cold winters....
Blessings.

I grew up in the city of Chicago, but live 50 miles south now. We are gearing up for winter. It's too cold already. I wish I lived in a warmer climate. I've never been to Las Vegas, but spend a lot of time in Reno.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:45 AM   #61
Stazon Splitcoast

Jenn..I have a sis in Reno...small world huh?
Blessings and Happy Thanksgiving ladies.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:18 PM   #62
Stazon Splitcoast

Kayla...my fingers are crossed that you have a great day at your craft show tomorrow....I hope sales are very good! Please let us know.
Amber
Old 11-29-2008, 06:11 PM   #63
Crimping Master

Ok, I just saw this thread. Thank you for re-affirming that SCS is a truly special place. Such generosity you have shown! Kayla, I really hope your show went well. It sounds like you had a lot of great things in your booth...

http://creativelyjen.blogspot.com/
Old 11-29-2008, 06:22 PM   #64
Embossing Fanatic

I agree with the comments such as "If you're not having fun, don't do it." However, if you have already paid for the spot and non-refundable than I suggest making a friends outing - call all your stamping / scrapbooking friends and ask then to donate cards,etc and make it an outing with friends taking time at the booth together. Keep track of what sells by each friend (paper list with running total by friend) and ask for a % commission to pay towards the booth. ..you might not breakeven but.. In the end make it about hanging out with friends and having fun without having to stress about making all the product to sell.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:25 PM   #65
Embossing Fanatic

.... add on note... I didnt read through all the notes.... looks like some of those friends are right here at SCS...
Old 11-30-2008, 07:37 AM   #66
Rubber Obsessor

okay, i have finally had a free moment to report back. the craft fair was kind of a wash- i did make a little profit, though. i only sold a few cards, a recipe tin, and a couple milk cartons. I had a lot of lookers, though, especially for the christmas countdown, but no takers. traffic was down, and the gal next to us had a hard day of sales as well. at least it was fun. thanks for all your support and help, ladies! the gal next to us invited us to a craft fair next weekend close to where we live, so we're going to give it another go! have a great weekend!

kayla
Old 11-30-2008, 10:32 AM   #67
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh..Kayla..I hope next weekend is better....Do you have a friend who could put a basket of cards on her desk and sell them for you? My hubby has a basket on his desk and we average between $60.00 and $125.00 per week...and that is at only $2.50 or $3.00 per card. Just a little extra money. I also have some teachers that sell them. Since I do this all the time the little bit of $$$ helps with the postage and white envelopes for the soldier cards but not much else...I always let the ladies who sell for me have a cut if they want it. Most dont want anything. This is just a thought for a few extra bucks for ya...Let us know how next weekend goes...
Hugs..Amber
Old 12-05-2008, 11:28 PM   #68
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Kayla...dont forget to come and let us know how you do at the craft fair tomorrow...I am rooting for you to make a haul.
Blessings.
Amber
Old 12-06-2008, 04:34 AM   #69
Pearl-ExPert

Kayla, I think it's just a sign of the economy that the craft fair didn't go that well. I had a similar experience in the three shows I did last month. Lots of people just walking by and looking (I didn't want to discourage you by reporting that sooner, and I hoped you'd have a better show.) But I did make some contacts, and had inquiries from people looking for custom work, so I didn't consider it a total wash. One show was a ladies' shopping nite at my parish hall, complete with DJ, "beverages" and munchies, and lots of friends, so it was a fun time anyway! You might make out better at this later show, people will look and look but eventually they have to buy their gifts! Lots of luck, I think its great that so many SCSers helped you out! Enjoy baby's first Christmas.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:58 PM   #70
Stazon Splitcoast

Kayla...how did it go for you yesterday? I hope better than the last week...please let us know..
Blessings.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:53 AM   #71
Stazon Splitcoast

Bumping to the top of the heap....looking for Kayla...
Old 12-09-2008, 11:26 AM   #72
Rubber Obsessor

Sorry I didn't get back to you all sooner! We've had a busy couple of days. The craft fair on Saturday went better than last week; I sold a couple sets of coasters, about 12 cards, and my Christmas Countdown. Lots of lookers again, but this time more buyers! Thanks so much, everyone, for all your kindness and support! I'm excited to get working again (this time far, far in advance), and getting ready for some craft fairs next year!

Kayla
Old 12-09-2008, 11:31 AM   #73
Stazon Splitcoast

I am so glad that it went better....perhaps the economy will be better by next Christmas and people wont be so worried about spending a few dollars.
It was my pleasure assisting you.
Blessings.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:04 PM   #74
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I am so glad that it went better....perhaps the economy will be better by next Christmas and people wont be so worried about spending a few dollars.
It was my pleasure assisting you.
Blessings.
I just found this thread and read through the entire thing...you touched my heart! What a kind person you are to help someone out that you don't know!

Kayla...Congrats on your little ones, they both are adorable!

To the world you may just be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #75
Stazon Splitcoast

Jennifer..thanks for the kind words.
Happly Holidays to you and yours.
Amber
Old 12-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #76
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Jennifer..thanks for the kind words.
Happly Holidays to you and yours.
Amber
Anytime Amber! You deserve the kind words ten fold! Happy holidays to you and your family too from snowy Minnesota!

To the world you may just be one person, but to one person you may be the world.