Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-15-2008, 11:04 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Craft desk

Okay ladies I am about to redo my craft "area" and would like to get a new craft desk. What's everybody useing? Storage would be great and I think I want to go white. Pics are great if you have them. Thanks in advance.
~Patrina
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 11:47 AM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

I just posted a few pics of my stamping space on my blog. It's black furniture, but it may come in white as well. I love the storage that comes with my desk/files (by Bush). This will take you directly there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2008, 08:10 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

at target.com search madison trestle

I am just waiting on a sale, because I missed the last time they clearanced this desk.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 04:24 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by CH_SATXView Post
at target.com search madison trestle

I am just waiting on a sale, because I missed the last time they clearanced this desk.
I love this is white. Why oh why did you have to show me this? That Target card it's trying it's best to get back into my wallet. I am such a big spender at target that I took the card out thinking it would help stop my shopping, too bad you don't have to have the card to shop online. LOL! Thanks for sharing.this is exactly what I had in mind.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 04:26 AM   #5  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by BethanyPaullView Post
I just posted a few pics of my stamping space on my blog. It's black furniture, but it may come in white as well. I love the storage that comes with my desk/files (by Bush). This will take you directly there.
Where did you get this? I am loving the file cabinet for the fact that you can put your paper in two rows in the same drawer. I love your space. I cant wait to get mine all done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 05:15 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

I am currently in the middle of making a craft desk...

We have a habitat for humanity restore and I found a 27" high cabinet and 24x78 white door....I will be painting them white and blue (actually benjamine Moore Waterfall)

so the door will rest on the cabinet at one end and I will be cutting legs out of 2x4's to attach to the other side. the door already has the door hole in so it will work great for threading my cords through for my light and my embossing gun

I ended up going this way after researching numerous numerous desk options and finding that things were either to tall (in the area I have a window so they couldn't be any taller than 30") or not wide enough or not long enough.

Hopefully I will have it ready by this weekend...

If I didn't have the height issues I would have bought some white prefab cabinets/drawer units (you can find them at Lowes and Home Depot) and a slab of MDF board and created my own desk that way (set the cabinets on each end and use the MDF board as your table top (be sure to attach the top to the cabinets on the back with brackets)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 07:56 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going to be re-doing my space, too. Currently I have an armoire for my computer and then a small desk for stamping. They take up too much space! So I'm going to combine. Then I'll have more room to add on storage for crafty bits.

I'm going to get these desk legs from Ikea:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00109514
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40109512

And then I'm going to buy a door from Home Depot for $30 and paint & seal it. That will be my desk top. Just a matter of waiting for the funds to come in and driving the 4 hours to Ikea to get the legs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 08:29 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrina+2View Post
I love this is white. Why oh why did you have to show me this? That Target card it's trying it's best to get back into my wallet. I am such a big spender at target that I took the card out thinking it would help stop my shopping, too bad you don't have to have the card to shop online. LOL! Thanks for sharing.this is exactly what I had in mind.
tell that Target card to hold on, sales happen:cool: It will go on sale, the last time was 159$

(does that help?);)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 08:29 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

When I married my husband, he said, "what do you want to do with this huge dining room table since you already have a nice one?" I told him I had just the spot for it!

It a large oak dining table from a discount store like Walmart. It's about 60" long and plenty deep enough. Plus, 2-drawer file cabinets and such fit under it! (I have 4-drawer plastic storage units under it.) I have all my stamp pads, markers, acrylic blocks, cleaning pads, & tools on it and still have a large stamping space.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2008, 08:42 AM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

I'm waiting for my new craft table. I went to the place that did our kitchen. I've ordered two 15" wide base cabinets. They will be spaced 48" apart with a laminate counter top that will have two 24" wide drawers under the counter and between the base cabinets. The counter top will be a little over 6' long. The base cabinets are from Kitchen Maid's office furniture line, so the height will be perfect. The worst part is that I have about another 3 weeks before the cabinets come in. I'm so excited about it - right now all my stuff is packed up and I have to craft on the kitchen table.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2008, 08:53 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

I will shortly be using kitchen base cabinets and two 5 ft long counter tops butted up to each other - for a 10 ft long stamping space- Yeah!!

I am in the process of finishing my "rubber room" in my basement. Here's a link to my gallery with pictures. The Rubber Room by tillyhead at Splitcoaststampers

I got the base cabinets from Lowe's they are the Estate line and were very reasonable (at least that's what I told DH). There are also some pictures and some more explanations on my blog (link below). The one oak filing cabinet is from staples. I store my paper in the top drawer and I gave DH the bottom drawer. I just bought it yesterday on sale for $89!!
Reply With Quote Likes