Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-17-2011, 05:54 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could really use some creative help, please

Hi All!

I just got a phone message asking if I could create invitations for my son's Blue & Gold dinner (coming up in February) for them to make tomorrow night at cub scouts. I need about 16 total, fun yet simple is great and I believe the theme is: Fiesta!

Now, let me just say: I'm a CASER! So, under normal circumstances I'm pretty good about finding what I want to do and casing it or tweaking it for my needs. However, with the time-frame I've been given and the fact the I'm on some pain meds for sciatic pain I've been dealing with, my brain is not QUITE up to par right now. Anyone of you creative, quick, awesome crafters have something you could post for me to possibly use? I've done a search on Blue & Gold invitations, but didn't really see anything specific to that.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2011, 06:28 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

I'm thinking . . . a medium-dark blue background with a yellow bellyband type strip across the middle. In the center of that strip would be a yellow square or diamond mounted onto a blue square/diamond. Stamp a wolf's face onto the yellow square. If you don't have a wolf stamp, find an image online and copy and paste a bunch of them onto a document which you can then run a piece of the yellow cardstock through your printer and then cut into squares. Have the scouts dot the top half of the card with glue and sprinkle with colorful confetti or dot with colorful glitter glue.

As far as the inside portion goes, you could type up the details in a document. Again, cut and paste how many ever you need and the size you want it to be in a document, print it out, cut 'em up, and adhere with glue onto the inside of the card.

HTH! And have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2011, 08:23 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

I think Paper Junky's idea was great - but if you decide to go with the fiesta theme instead of the blue/gold cub scout theme, I would would stamp a mexican sombro on white card stock, let the kids color and cut them out. Then have a lively, confeti/colorful-striped, etc background that they could paste the sombro on. The info part of the invite could be printed, cut and pasted in as appropropriate. I know that you need this tonight. Let us know what you finally came up with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2011, 10:13 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Default Awesome!

Thank you, Brenda and Louise, for each of your suggestions! I was able to get a bit more time as it turns out since the friend who called to ask if I could do this was wrong about when we needed to have these ready for the boys to make. So, instead of having to do it last night, I have until next Tuesday (whew!)

I love both of the ideas! Since I have more time to prep everything I'm debating about which way to go: Cub Scout logo vs. Fiesta theme. I really like aspects of both so it may be which one the leaders would feel better about.

I'll see what I can come up with and post back once it's a go!
Many thanks again for the suggestions. I really appreciate the time taken to help a fellow crafter out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2011, 10:38 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

BTW, Just Inked just posted a free digi of an adorable little mexican guy in a big sombro. Thought you might want to take a look at it. Don't know how long the digi will be "free"

Just Inklined Digital Stamps: New Freebie - Mexican Phil

Would love to see what you ultimately come up with, no matter which way you go on this. :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2011, 10:53 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldumont999View Post
BTW, Just Inked just posted a free digi of an adorable little mexican guy in a big sombro. Thought you might want to take a look at it. Don't know how long the digi will be "free"

Just Inklined Digital Stamps: New Freebie - Mexican Phil

Would love to see what you ultimately come up with, no matter which way you go on this. :cool:
Oh my word! He is TOO cute! I just saved him on my computer and now the thoughts are racing! Thank you so much for the link and suggestion - I'm a pretty "newbie" when it comes to the world of digi stamps, but I'm willing to give it a go.

Awesome! Many thanks again -
Reply With Quote Likes