Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-06-2017, 08:14 AM   #41
Proud Fan Club Member

Cigarettes are up to 14/pack here so that would give you a very nice budget Sue!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
gregzgurl likes this post.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:20 AM   #42
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

That is the best girl math EVER!! I never sent out that many cards before I started making them so I'm afraid I can't even convince myself that this craft saves me $! But it's a hobby that I love. That's why I spend $ on it. And I do send out more cards now which is lovely for the people getting them.
stamps4funGin, wavejumper and Joy-full like this post.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:16 PM   #43
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Just an added observation on time and labor...know that retirement changes the meaning of both those words. I no longer find it necessary to justify how much time and effort I am putting into a project...a very interesting change in the way I see the world. -Merollin

Isnt it cool?
Now, that's hilarious! Because my reaction is the opposite. I'm retiring at the end of August, and now that I'll be doing only what I want to, the time value goes up because there's more love and good feeling in it. Extra emotional nutrition added!
Paula in GA and wavejumper like this post.
Old 07-09-2017, 03:10 PM   #44
Pearl-ExPert

I make lots and lots of cards and send to many, many people. I have never gone overboard on expensive supplies and equipment. My $49 Cuttlebug was an amazing investment. I have some basic folders that I use over and over. My dies are also quite basic and geometric. I do love to fussy cut, so have no dies that do that for me. I do not have, nor do I want, a Circuit or like machine, I have a stamp positioner and use it with my stamps that are all wood mounts, so don't have a desire for a Misti. I have no Colors Bursts, Oxides (not even Distress Inks). I have stuck with one line of Dye inks (and don't even have all of those) and one line of Metallic/Pigment inks. I have no Copics (do just fine with watercolors and regular markers). I really thoroughly think through any purchase because I think too much stuff is energy draining. I create by theme, so use one or two main stamps to make all the cards for a month, so what I have gets lots of use. I still feel I have too much, and purge often and give stuff away to Newbies. That being said, I think this hobby is so rewarding to both those of us involved in the making and to those that become the recipients, that money really isn't the issue. What other hobby has at its core to made something beautiful, taking time and effort with the only intent to give it away? All the money anyone, even the most extravagant, spends is totally worth it. So, go ahead---spread some love!
gregzgurl, buggainok, cardmaker2 and 7 others like this post.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:40 AM   #45
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbinbobbinView Post
Well, this has inspired me to realize a way to use every single die, EF, ink, etc., I own. I have wanted to make cards for the residents at my mother's assisted living residence, but have been overwhelmed by the idea of coming up with the designs for them. I realized, just crank out a card of every EF & stencil, etc.. Use DP and coloring with inks for the dies. Ink up all the sentiments stamps on the label type dies. All the stamps can be inked and then cut out with ovals, squares, etc.. Then send it off unassembled for the ladies to have fun putting together. If done several times a year, it gives my collection a work out. Thanks for the post!
I love this idea! Send them a bunch of great pieces, and they can decide how to put them together into a card.
wavejumper and Helen Weber like this post.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:55 PM   #46
Crimping Master

At least now I send cards. When I bought them it was a big half day effort going downtown to find one. It ended up costing a lot by the time I treated myself to lunch, paid for parking, and picked up a Starbucks for my husband-25 a card. Not counting what else I might see in some chichi shop on the way to the card shop. This isn't a cheap hobby but it keeps me out of additional trouble.
lynnewithane, gregzgurl, jukie and 4 others like this post.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:51 PM   #47
Compulsive Stamper

Lynnewithane, love your idea!! had thought about making cards for a retirement home but didn't even know if they accepted them but what a great idea to let them make them themselves!! Do you include maybe a cheap gluestick? Or let them figure that part out?
wavejumper likes this post.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:53 PM   #48
Compulsive Stamper

I just noticed lynnewithane's post was from 2005! Wow!!
Old 07-30-2017, 10:54 PM   #49
Compulsive Stamper

oops, sorry! That was when she joined! duh!!
Old 07-31-2017, 01:50 PM   #50
Hardware Hotshot

I can't take credit, Helen. I was exclaiming the hat I liked Robbindobbin's idea of making the pieces.