Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-08-2005, 11:15 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cool Cat on Ebay - $45.95 BIN

okay - I am not a demo.............. I was out on Ebay looking to see what was out there for retired sets. I came across a listing for Cool Cat - (wnning bidder id hidden, of course). It starts at 9.95 with BIN for $45.95. Is this person out of their mind?

I think I can wait another month and get it for $14.95 or whatever it is from my DEMONSTRATOR instead!

yikes!

www.funstampersjourney.com/julierobinson
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 11:30 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Mystifying, isn't it?! I'll never understand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 11:30 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Ah yes, She Who Must Not Be Named strikes again!! If you check out her store, she is basically selling the catalog plus charging an arm & a leg for shipping.

Going off topic for a second:

BTW: I wish there was some hockey this season! I miss it dearly. I do go to the ECHL games which is 2 levels below the NHL and it helps curb my addiction a bit. My state team (Alaska Aces) has Scotty Gomez playing for them this season. Yay!

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 11:53 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like another, lesser known seller had two of her Spring Mini items pulled ("item no longer available for sale") - Cool Cat and Animal Alphabet, but she still has two out there at outrageous prices. Some people actually even have the Spring Mini itself up for bid! (for a $1.00 with $2.00 shipping!) Thankfully no takers yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 12:08 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

I never look at ebay for current stuff, but this thread made me very interested. The cute fathers day set is selling for 45.95 with almost a day left. I guess these ladies that are selling them have no integrity. :-(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 12:09 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Default Ebay Seller

I was looking at the items of this seller this morning, and was pretty ticked. I am tempted to buy something from her so maybe I will get a hint of who she is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 12:14 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

I know as demo's your not suppose to sell on Ebay, but what comes around goes around let's all just leave it at that. All we do when we complain or tell on them only makes them want to do it more, or others to do it. IMHO I think we should just leave them alone and let fate take its course.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 12:15 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Default Re: Ebay Seller

Quote:

Originally Posted by laderme
I am tempted to buy something from her so maybe I will get a hint of who she is.
Why bother putting any money in her pocket. I'm sure that it will catch up to her one of these days. Someone like that isn't worth my time or energy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 12:43 PM   #9  
Inking Addict

Check this one out!! People are crazy to pay this much! Do they just not know that they can get it cheaper or can they just not wait?!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 01:00 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm going to feel so bad for those buyers when the spring mini does come out. Those sellers better hope their customers never find a local demo and learn that they could have bought the set twice over in just a few weeks for what they're paying now!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 01:00 PM   #11  
Glitter Guru

How do you report these auctions to DS? If they are using the copyrighted picture from the SU website, then they need to be reported. They WILL be pulled. How do I know this? I know someone (not a demo) who got caught selling their extra SAB sets using an SU photo. Their auctions were pulled because they used the copyrighted SU photo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 01:02 PM   #12  
Crimping Master

I tried buying something and never could find an actual name to turn them in with!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 01:05 PM   #13  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

I agree that is so insane to pay that much for a set of stamps!!!! I too am wondering how we go about turning in these sellers too!
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 01:07 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassybee
How do you report these auctions to DS? If they are using the copyrighted picture from the SU website, then they need to be reported. They WILL be pulled. How do I know this? I know someone (not a demo) who got caught selling their extra SAB sets using an SU photo. Their auctions were pulled because they used the copyrighted SU photo.
There's a link to "Send to a Friend" then fill in the address of [email protected] . You can even write a little note.
Heather, proud SCS member #132
Gallery
- Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 01:22 PM   #15  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,078 Likes on 858 Posts

I've seen items on e-bay also that are being sold by SU demos I guess since they usually get everything earlier than we do. I haven't even seen the Spring Mini catty yet, but I figured that the people who are buying are those that don't have a demo near them so can't get them any other way. I feel SORRY for them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 03:06 PM   #16  
Buttered Noodle Mingler

Default Re: Cool Cat on Ebay - $45.95 BIN

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOCKEY FAN
okay - I am not a demo.............. I was out on Ebay looking to see what was out there for retired sets. I came across a listing for Cool Cat - (wnning bidder id hidden, of course). It starts at 9.95 with BIN for $45.95. Is this person out of their mind?

I think I can wait another month and get it for $14.95 or whatever it is from my DEMONSTRATOR instead!

yikes!
Ain't that the truth! Somebody paid WAY too much for a set they can own for $30 less in less than three weeks! WOW! But, that's seems to be the way it is on ebay!

Michele
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 06:59 PM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm not a demo, and I think these people are plain crazy for paying these prices on ebay. I promised my demo who works very hard to give us the best deals and puts her heart into these wonderful make & takes that she will never have to worry about me or my group purchasing from those money grubbers who could care less about an honest person trying to have a business! What comes around goes around! Honesty is the best policy! When they go down on ebay I'll still know where to get my stamps!! Thanks to you honest ladies!!! YOU GO GIRLS!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 07:25 PM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubbernecker
Some people actually even have the Spring Mini itself up for bid! (for a $1.00 with $2.00 shipping!) Thankfully no takers yet.
Off topic but I would pay that easy right now as I still haven't gotten my mini! I want my mini :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 07:27 PM   #19  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by momma23
Check this one out!! People are crazy to pay this much! Do they just not know that they can get it cheaper or can they just not wait?!

I sold a retired set on ebay (gifts from the orient) to the person that is the high bidder for this auction for the new spring mini - I still had his email address and emailed and told him what he could get the sets for in March - why he does not retract his bid - I will never know - also told him how to get in touch with a demo by using the stampin up website - when I sold that set on ebay I was not a demo - and did not know about SU - had just purchased 2 on ebay and was getting rid of one. I was floored when I found out what I was missing out on by using a demo and shared it with this guy. So he knows what the price will be in march - but is still bidding on it...

hummmmm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2005, 07:29 PM   #20  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy 4 Stampin
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubbernecker
Some people actually even have the Spring Mini itself up for bid! (for a $1.00 with $2.00 shipping!) Thankfully no takers yet.
Off topic but I would pay that easy right now as I still haven't gotten my mini! I want my mini :lol:
I feel for you. Maybe you and other demos who haven't received it yet (I'd be throwing a hissy fit!*) are their target market? :shock:

*My grandmother used to call this a "coniption"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 05:12 AM   #21  
Kookie Creator

Has anyone ever contacted the buyer of these high priced stamp sets and let them know that they can get them cheaper buy buying from a local demo?

Just wondering...

April
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2005, 09:23 PM   #22  
Matboard Maniac

Default bay

Ok girls,,,No need to worry about what other Demos are doing they are the ones on the stage.LOL well a few are.....Anyway they dont sell under there name and there is really no way to trace them. We have all called SU adn Ebay and no one cares but us.IF YOU ARE FOOLISH ENOUGHT TO BUY A STAMP SET FOR 45.00 well you deserve it.LOL It is not a big deal to me. I do my own business and dont worry what others do. I got introuble in school for worring about what the girl down the street was doing.LOL Just stamp and do your own thing and try not to let these rule breakers get to you...It really is not that big of a deal.WHo buyes on ebay is not the cost. that would buy from you anyway...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2005, 08:20 AM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by acopisshe
Quote:

Originally Posted by momma23

I sold a retired set on ebay (gifts from the orient) to the person that is the high bidder for this auction for the new spring mini - I still had his email address and emailed and told him what he could get the sets for in March - why he does not retract his bid - I will never know - also told him how to get in touch with a demo by using the stampin up website - when I sold that set on ebay I was not a demo - and did not know about SU - had just purchased 2 on ebay and was getting rid of one. I was floored when I found out what I was missing out on by using a demo and shared it with this guy. So he knows what the price will be in march - but is still bidding on it...

hummmmm
It's a violation of eBay policy to contact a bidder on an active auction where you are not the seller for the purposes of interfering with the transaction. I know you meant well, but you could get your eBay membership yanked if someone learns what you did and chooses to report you to eBay.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2005, 08:37 AM   #24  
Insane Embellisher

Honestly, if someone is willing to pay $45 dollars to get a $15 dollar set as soon as it comes out, THEY should consider becoming a demonstrator! That way, they get things as soon as they are available, and at reduced rather than inflated cost.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2005, 08:43 AM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Re: bay

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin2day4ever
Ok girls,,,No need to worry about what other Demos are doing they are the ones on the stage.LOL well a few are...
Not to start anything, but I walked across the stage and I have never done anything like this, and I know MANY of the people who are also up there, and they EARN their way up. It really chaps me a bit to have people assume that I must have "worked" the system to get my award, so please don't make assumptions about the people up there.

I will tell you, you don't get to the top by cheating the system, you get to the top by treating other people well and working your hiney off.

I am sure some of these people might have temporary prosperity but I would hate for anyone to look down on these wonderful ladies who earn AAA awards who SO embody the Statement of the Heart and are at the essence of what Stampin Up is all about.

The dreamers of the day are dangerous people,For they dream their dreams with open eyes,And make them come true.- D.H. Lawrence

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2005, 09:07 AM   #26  
Mad Swapper

Those people suck (who sell current items)---- The people who are buying those sets at those costs must be totally stupid.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2005, 09:27 AM   #27  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to Charmed

While I dont agree with demos selling current stuff on ebay, keep in mind that there are stampers all over the world. Perhaps someone in the UK, who has no way of getting it from SU, is willing to pay huge for some sets.

Just a thought.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2005, 11:28 AM   #28  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charmed
While I dont agree with demos selling current stuff on ebay, keep in mind that there are stampers all over the world. Perhaps someone in the UK, who has no way of getting it from SU, is willing to pay huge for some sets.

Just a thought.....
Good point! But...isn't there a way they could search for a demo on Stampinup.com? It seems it would be cheaper to locate a demo even if they are here in the US and buy stuff from them. Couldn't they even have it sent from Stampin Up directly to them? That way they wouldn't have to pay so much from ebay.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2005, 02:35 PM   #29  
Matboard Maniac

Default the bay

:( I did not mean all SU demos that work there way to the top are selling on EBAY BUt you know several are...If it is not you then dont worry about it IF it is then well I say more power to you UNTIL you get cought and then loose the respect and your demoship.. I could honestly care less what others do. Do it "legal" or not you have to sleep at night and worry every sale if it will be your last....I LOVE being a demo :P . The min. is not that much so I really am glad to not have this worry and to have a co. I care about SU and it cares about me I feel... I love this great Stamping thing and would not want to loos it. My UL would be so heartbroken I think. I do OK and I dont have to sell on ebay. I am so lucky to have a GREAT UL and SISTERS in Staming so I dont have this worry.... DO what you want it will not effect me at all... I am not caring about the others..If you sell on the bay well more power to you until you get cought.. FOr us that sell it to others not via Ebay well Here is a HUGE HUG and a PAT ON THE BACK for not being led to do this... :o I was a demo with a co that the min was so highat one time I did turn to the bay I got cought and I am so glad. I would have spent and spent and not really liked what I was selling I got bullied into it and it went bad... I am so glad for that I found SU and would never go to the bay to do this again....I am all about SU and I do love the sweet perks and would LOVE to go to the stage one day BUT I dont have the time to get there... I have to much in life... I do however get to challenge myself and I get to know GREAT LADIES like You all and this keep me going..And all the great stamp sets...If they would get rid od all the MINI caddy. I could do better with saving my own money.LOL I really just have the MUST have lists every 3 months.Yeikes ..LOL It is my 10 year anv on the 11th and DH asked what do you want for our ANV. ...WELL I WANT MORE STAMPIN UP ITEMS...LOL LOL LOL......ANt it is my 1 year SU ANV.. Goodie for me... I thought for sure they would have sent me a card..LOL....

I JUST LOVE THIS SITE....and Stampin UP and all you ladies are so great...Sell on Ebay dont sell on Ebay I dont care. I dont think andy one here could find the time to sell on ebay...We are here or Stamping..I think htere are children felling left out..There will be a show on Oprah called
" My mommy likes her time with her stamps & stamp friends more then me" LOL

I wish I lived in Alaska half the year so I could see the light in the night. I would see this as a sign to stamp longer in the day....LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2005, 02:59 PM   #30  
Embossing Fanatic

I did email the buyer even though it was a violation. Told her I was just trying to help, not sell anything, and gave here the su site to find a demo. At this point I don't care if ebay drops me, it's worth it to do the right thing to help someone out. It does not bother me that people sell on ebay, just when they pay too much.
Reply With Quote Likes