In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2008, 07:22 AM   #1
Matboard Maniac
 
stampin(mypassion)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Western Prairies
Posts: 308
Default confirmation and Baptism cards

Since Easter is not 2 far off I would like 2 have a head start on making baptism cards. I have 2 make a couple of cards this year and I have no idea how 2 go about this, it is a card one doesn't make all the time.,can anybody give me a idea what stamps I could use for this kind of card, I'm stumped!!!!! Does anybody know of a web site where one could also find baptism or confirmation verses. Thank U!!!
stampin(mypassion) is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:35 AM   #2
Watercolor Wizard
 
jailbirdstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,227
Default

I've been asked to make 20 baptism cards (for twins boy and a girl).... but in this church they belong to, you are 8 years old when baptised! I'm totally stumped for ideas. the gallery has some cute ones for baby baptisms, but not older children.
__________________
Please visit my Sweet Suite blog





Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If youíve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
jailbirdstamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:39 AM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast
 
stamper-c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: CT
Posts: 11,503
Default

DRS Designs, www.drsdesigns.com has a whole bunch of religious stamps...hth

here is the page:
http://www.drsdesigns.com/religious.htm
stamper-c is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:00 AM   #4
Glitter Guru
 
Runamok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: writing my novel :)
Posts: 5,490
Default

Jailbirdstamper--If the cards are for a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of LatterDay Saints, that is the church I belong to and I MAY have some help for you.

http://www.sugardoodle.net/sdclipart/?cat=53

This is a link to a site that has lots of clipart from the LDS magazines--it is not put out by the church, but the magazines the pictures are from are. The link will take you to some pictures of baptism that could give you ideas, or go to other topics that relate, like Faith or Christ for pictures. If you stick to stamps, the stamp set All God's Children is perfect, many of the sayings from this set are taken from primary songs the kids learn in church. Many of the sayings from the God Bless set or similar would work, bible verses, ect. Just remember that the LDS church prefers not to use the Cross image--not because we don't believe in the Atonement of Christ, but because of reverance and such. Hope I didn't jump to conclusions, it's just that my church is the only one I know of that has 8 as the age of accountability and baptism If I got it wrong, sorry, and if I was right, hope that gives you some guidance!
__________________
Missy
Runamok is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:05 AM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast
 
GarnetJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bellingham, Washington
Posts: 13,459
Default

* RubberStampAve.com has one "Congratulations on Your Baptism" stamp. It is on Catalog page 87. (Their home page contains a note that prices are going up on the 1st of February)

* Some churches use a lot of symbolism. I'm thinking Episcopal or Lutheran or Catholic. Those that do often use a sea shell for baptism --- traditionally the scallop shell, not a spiral.
__________________
John 3:16
GarnetJ is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #6
Polyshrink Goddess
 
queen bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 736
Default

Here is the link to a baptism card I made http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=24956
queen bee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:20 PM   #7
Watercolor Wizard
 
jailbirdstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,227
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunamokView Post
Jailbirdstamper--If the cards are for a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of LatterDay Saints, that is the church I belong to and I MAY have some help for you.

http://www.sugardoodle.net/sdclipart/?cat=53

This is a link to a site that has lots of clipart from the LDS magazines--it is not put out by the church, but the magazines the pictures are from are. The link will take you to some pictures of baptism that could give you ideas, or go to other topics that relate, like Faith or Christ for pictures. If you stick to stamps, the stamp set All God's Children is perfect, many of the sayings from this set are taken from primary songs the kids learn in church. Many of the sayings from the God Bless set or similar would work, bible verses, ect. Just remember that the LDS church prefers not to use the Cross image--not because we don't believe in the Atonement of Christ, but because of reverance and such. Hope I didn't jump to conclusions, it's just that my church is the only one I know of that has 8 as the age of accountability and baptism If I got it wrong, sorry, and if I was right, hope that gives you some guidance!

thank you! That is the church I'm doing them for!
__________________
Please visit my Sweet Suite blog





Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If youíve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
jailbirdstamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:21 PM   #8
Watercolor Wizard
 
jailbirdstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,227
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by queen beeView Post
Here is the link to a baptism card I made http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=24956
so pretty! right in to my favs!
__________________
Please visit my Sweet Suite blog





Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If youíve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
jailbirdstamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:23 PM   #9
Watercolor Wizard
 
jailbirdstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,227
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetJView Post
* RubberStampAve.com has one "Congratulations on Your Baptism" stamp. It is on Catalog page 87. (Their home page contains a note that prices are going up on the 1st of February)

* Some churches use a lot of symbolism. I'm thinking Episcopal or Lutheran or Catholic. Those that do often use a sea shell for baptism --- traditionally the scallop shell, not a spiral.

I love the congrats on your baptism stamp! I may have to order that!
__________________
Please visit my Sweet Suite blog





Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If youíve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
jailbirdstamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:45 PM   #10
Polyshrink Goddess
 
queen bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 736
Default

Baroque Motifs is my go to stamp set right now. Check out my gallery and see how many times I have used it! It is perfect for so many occasions. Hope you have as much fun with it as I do!
queen bee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:31 PM   #11
gio
Kookie Creator
 
gio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canadian Living in WA
Posts: 407
Default

Another website to try is the www.catholicrubberstamps.com They have some confirmation, first communion and baptism stamps there.
__________________
Lolita

Gabriel , Isabelle, Olivia
My three inspirations
gio is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:58 AM   #12
Glitter Queen
 
hollycunningham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Billerica, MA
Posts: 14
Default

I did this invitation for my daughter's 1st Communion last year. The picture does not do it justice -- it came out beautiful and I received many compliments. I don't think you can see it in the picture, but I used a cross stamp (I bought at Micheals) in the lower right hand corner, stamped in gold ink, underneath the vellum. The pink floral background paper was beautiful and I purchased it, along with the gold crosses, at A.C. Moore.
Attached Thumbnails
lydias-1stcomm-invite.jpg  
hollycunningham is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off