Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-08-2017, 07:25 AM   #41
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzgurl View Post
Hello again, Aimeslee! I knew that you meant Tack 'n Peel, so no worries there, lol. So you just have the rubber "in a pile" in the cases? I could do that with the larger ones (Unity's Angie Girls, for example), but I have a bazillion (no exaggeration) small sentiment stamps and there is NO WAY I could dig through a pile to find the one I wanted! I tried the coin pages for those, and it was still too much wasted space for me to be happy. I'm all about consolidation in as many ways as possible...

Sue, for those little sentiment stamps, I have some in cd cases. I laid down some Tack N Peel on the inside of the case...you gotta admit, cd cases don't take up much space.
My Paper Paisleys Art Blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-08-2017, 07:58 AM   #42
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123scrap View Post
Sue, for those little sentiment stamps, I have some in cd cases. I laid down some Tack N Peel on the inside of the case...you gotta admit, cd cases don't take up much space.
Couldn't you lay down several strips of tape runner if you didn't want to use Tack N Peel?
Old 10-08-2017, 09:45 AM   #43
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123scrap View Post
While it's true that individual CD cases don't take up much space, they add up very quickly space-wise when you get a lot of them. I would need several racks for the number of cases my collection would require, and I just don't want to take up that much space! Thanks for the suggestion, though...

I know that it sounds kind of silly, but with all of the natural disasters and other things going on in our crazy world, I'm trying to get all of the "investment"-type stuff in my room as close to grab-and-go as I can, in case I need to evacuate or something. I've already made peace with the fact that the paper and embellishments will probably have to be sacrificed, but the dies and stamps are going with me! AND, I'm still trying to convince my husband that a Skoolie is a good retirement option, and everything has to be as portable as possible for that plan, as well...

Old 10-09-2017, 08:34 PM   #44
Compulsive Stamper

Sue, I have one more suggestion. I even got up to see if it would work and had to post! It works! NO GLUE, CUSTOMIZABLE, EASY TO FIND, WEIGHS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AND FITS THE POCKETS YOU HAVE ALREADY!

I selected a stamp with many different sizes of sentiments since that seemed to be your focus. This can be sized directly from the box since it is exactly double the size of the pocket with a little extra to fold over for "Tab" edge and you can do the same for an edge at the top! An it actually goes back to Jennifer McGuire so it is a pay it forward, her husband invented it! PRESS AND SEAL!

I try to attached the photos and hopefully you will be able to see my example. If you slide the packet in with the index as a guide, it slides in beautifully! If this doesn't work for your plan, maybe someone else might find it works for them. HAPPY ORGANIZING! jana

dsc00092.jpg

dsc00093.jpg
gregzgurl likes this post.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:59 PM   #45
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Hmmm. Could Press and Seal be taped to a piece of cardstock to create the storage sheet...it would hold the rubber without needing adhesive on the rubber. Then use Tack and peel on the blocks...
Sounds like it might be a winner! It wins because one doesn't need to spend money and time trying to find a workable adhesive!
Since I use Press and Seal all the time, it will just get tested!
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
ppofct and TeeGeeDee like this post.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:24 PM   #46
Compulsive Stamper

Diane, thanks for your question. I pulled out the "packet" and pulled it apart and the stamps did stick to the single sheet. I found that when I pulled the amount from the box for the height of the pocket, all I did was place the stamps and fold over to match the width. The little extra on the edges I folded over to create and "edge" to grab easy and this made a pouch that was stable enough to slide in the pocket by placing the pouch on the laminated index as a support and slide in the pocket. NO TAPE NEEDED, and quick! this also would allow Sue to put as many small stamps as she could accommodate into one pocket without falling to the bottom. If you couldn't finger press since it may have more than a few, you could always seal around the stamps by smoothing with an edge, stylus or old credit card but a handy finger should do.

The only thing I don't know, is if the press n seal is poly friendly, but I thought to call the company to ask. Since it is food friendly I believe it should be stamp friendly.
I would be interested to see it this works for you!! Have fun, jana
Old 10-10-2017, 08:36 PM   #47
Proud Fan Club Member

Jana - thanks for a completely novel suggestion! I'm in the middle of moving right now (truck will be here tomorrow morning) and all of the stamps are boxed up, but I'll definitely do a test run as soon as I get a chance! Thanks again - sounds like it could work...

Old 10-11-2017, 04:45 PM   #48
Cardstock Collector

HI Sue, I'm sorry to read that you're having a tough time with your stamp storage.
I wanted you to know what I've been using. It's a glue from Clubscrap.com called Mount-It. It's a fabulous tacky glue that when dries will easily stick to whatever storage sheets ,acrylic blocks or misti you're using. If you search on YouTube for "how to use unmounted stamps,"club scrap, you will find an instructive video. This might be the glue that will replace your beloved Sailor glue.
I just joined split coast after lurking for a long time. I read all your posts about unmounting stamps and using nekkid rubber and was inspired to unmount all my stamps. I can sympathize with your struggle as I went through the same things. Finding the right storage solution is key to making everything work.
I hope you check out clubscrap! Good luck,
Lori
ppofct, Paula in GA, Brenda71 and 2 others like this post.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:28 PM   #49
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks, Lori! If Mount-It works the same as Sailor, I will be over-the-moon HAPPY!!! Like I said before, it was THE BOMB! I am still gonna try the Press n Seal, just 'cuz I'm like that, but I'll also order some Mount It and see what's what.

We're still in the middle of the move and the place we're moving into is GROSS from a hygiene standpoint, so I've been cleaning non-stop. We're renting from a friend, and going from a small 2-bedroom apartment to a huge house with several extra rooms, a built-in swimming pool, a pool table, a PANTRY, a garage - I'm willing to clean up after The Single Guy and his Chihuahua for all of the amenities...

We're also driving up to Utah tomorrow for four days, then coming back to the chaos. Once I can unpack instead of continually finding new messes to deal with, I can "normalize", lol! Thanks again for the suggestion!

Brenda71 and mcw519 like this post.