Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-31-2009, 04:59 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Default Colored images--what to do with them

I colored several images last night. What do you do with colored images until you get a chance to make cards from them? I have mine sitting up against several things on my desk lol. I'd really like a way to display them so I don't forget I have them. Any ideas?

Becky
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-31-2009, 06:10 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

off the top of my head, I immediately thought of one of those French bulletin boards with the criss-crossing ribbons that you could put the images on display until you get to them.

My blog
My Gallery
Old 08-31-2009, 06:19 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

I've never actually thought of displaying mine! LOL I just have a special slot on my shelf where I keep them...
TAC Demonstrator #1484/Manager, Smilin' Stampers
My TAC Site My BLOG
Old 08-31-2009, 06:22 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianerhView Post
I've never actually thought of displaying mine! LOL I just have a special slot on my shelf where I keep them...
I'm just such a visual person, I forget what I can't see lol

Becky
Old 08-31-2009, 06:59 AM   #5  

When I first started working with Copics and Prismacolors I stamped about 100 images on paper and started going to town coloring them. I soon found out though that I couldn't match up many of the images with my paper. The colors weren't right. So I don't color ahead of time unless I know what possibilities I have for paper. I did this yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised by using the same colors as my paper rather than randomly color I was more apt to finish the card. So now I currently have an image picked out and my paper and they are sitting on my desk waiting for me to color. Even the Copics have been matched up with the paper. It makes it so much easier to complete rather than have my images sitting around and forget about them. By working with my paper colors I have a lot more options to use in my image. I'm a visual person I guess. I can't tell you how long it took me at one point to pick out a DP for one of my images. I ended up using solid colors just so I wouldn't waste my colored image that I labored over. I know this doesn't answer your question but it's something to think about. The ones I did color ahead of time I truly forgot about. I'll have to pull them out (from a clear folder) and see if I can use them again!
Old 08-31-2009, 07:09 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

I have some small photo albums ( like you can find at garage sales for 25-50 cetns?) and those are good for holding images and punchies, etc. Very visible, easily accessed.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:12 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

When I get new stamps I usually stamp several images at a time, then I color them when I get a chance. I usually us a few colors that match my CS and I write the color name on the back of the image so that when I go to make a card with the image I know what colors I can use with it. I have so many colored images made up ahead of time that I just don't have enough room to display them so I put mine in one of the turquise tins that SU was selling last year, I keep the tin on my desk so that when I go to make cards it is right there for me to go through.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:36 PM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

I slip my colored images into baggies and store in the drawer with the stamp. I have all my stamps in categories so they are easy to find. It's always a nice surprise when I think, oh I want to use a Bella, and lo and behold, there is a bella already colored.

I have so much paper that I usually don't have a problem finding something to match and if all else fails, I use a generic color like vanilla or black.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:42 PM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Each time I get out a stamp, I make several copies. I have two photo boxes that I put my stamped images into. Each box has dividers: "Christmas," "birthday," "flowers," "cats," etc. When I color them, I put them in the back of the section.

Cindy/CA