Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-06-2010, 06:31 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Clear Film

Hi all I thought with the traffic here someone is bound to know the answer to this question.

I want a clear plastic backing for my spider web diecuts but I need it to be stiff, really stiff. I also need to be able to stamp on it as well as needing it to be able to hold acrylic paint blotches, that will eventually look like blood. does anyone know where I can buy this acetate, film. mylar, etc. I looked at transparancies and they are wwwaaayyy too thin. I also looked at sheet protectors, and the document coverings that staples and office max carries. Same problem. I am more than willing to send off for it as long as I know what I am asking for. I need to make about 18 spider webs and only one web will fit on an 81/2 x 11. It'd be great if this product could work with my Silhouette machine as well. TIA By the way I am making banners that say SPOOKY over the top of the spider webs. That's why the clear plastic backs have to be stiff--it will be supporting different diecuts and such from the front.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-06-2010, 06:53 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

I've bought acetate sheets at Hobby Lobby and Michaels. They also have it at office supply stores. You can get it in different thickness.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I found acetate sheets at Mike's also; 25 per pack/ made by Grafix. Used with a coupon, it's very reasonable. Stampable, heat-embossable and it diecuts very nicely.

This acetate is very stiff. I don't know how it would work with the Silhouette as I don't own one of those.

Last edited by uncbballfan; 10-06-2010 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: Add'l info
Old 10-07-2010, 07:34 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Stampin Up sells THICK window sheets. I mean, they are really good and thick! I buy the acetate sheets at Hobby Lobby for most projects but they just arent thick enough for what you are talking about. Here is a card I made using SU's medium thick window sheets. The thick window sheets from there are even thicker but they may be too think to run thru a machine to cut.
Artisan Award Entry Card #2 by kspiv - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers