In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2011, 07:41 AM   #1
Die Cut Diva
 
Stampnf1n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,062
Default Cleaning cutting mat

What is a good solution for cleaning a desk mat? (I have Martha Stewarts) I have alot of sticky residue on it with some marker marks, pencil etc.

I am mainly interested in getting the sticky residue off.

Bonnie
Stampnf1n is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast
 
buggainok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 10,812
Default

I use a product called Goo Gone for things like that. You can find it at Walmart, Walgreens, and lots of other stores. Sometimes they have it at the Dollar stores and Big Lots too.
__________________
Bugga in OK

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
buggainok is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:49 PM   #3
Die Cut Diva
 
cat_woman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,632
Default

Goo gone or rubbing alcohol works.
cat_woman is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:26 PM   #4
Die Cut Diva
 
Stampnf1n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
I use a product called Goo Gone for things like that. You can find it at Walmart, Walgreens, and lots of other stores. Sometimes they have it at the Dollar stores and Big Lots too.
I think we have some thanks!
Stampnf1n is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:59 AM   #5
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm
 
susie australia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 49,667
Default

Eucalyptus oil (had to get my bottle out so I could spell it!!!). It gets all the sticky gunky stuff off your mat, it is also great for cleaning scissors and cutting blades that have a build up of glue or doublesided tape. Just dip your scissors straight into the bottle, then wipe off excess with a tissue. It's cheap and smells good too.
susie australia is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:22 AM   #6
Watercolor Wizard
 
Dotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Where the Kookaburra's sit in the old gum tree's...
Posts: 8,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie australia View Post
Eucalyptus oil (had to get my bottle out so I could spell it!!!). It gets all the sticky gunky stuff off your mat, it is also great for cleaning scissors and cutting blades that have a build up of glue or doublesided tape. Just dip your scissors straight into the bottle, then wipe off excess with a tissue. It's cheap and smells good too.
Thanks for sharing that Susie!! I was wondering what I was going to use when my bottle of goo gone runs out!
__________________
There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but few will catch your heart. Pursue those.....
Dotty is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #7
Insane Embellisher
 
craftdesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 772
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampnf1n View Post
What is a good solution for cleaning a desk mat? (I have Martha Stewarts) I have alot of sticky residue on it with some marker marks, pencil etc.

I am mainly interested in getting the sticky residue off.

Bonnie
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser...or a generic (Dollar Store variety). No smell, no residue, mo muss and excellent results.
craftdesigns is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #8
Matboard Maniac
 
GaMtnScrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: North Georgia, born and raised!
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftdesigns View Post
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser...or a generic (Dollar Store variety). No smell, no residue, mo muss and excellent results.
I like this, too! I was first using rubbing alcohol but I was concerned that over time it would cause damage (dry it out or something?). I love Magic Erasers for alot of things!
__________________
Tish, a/k/a GaMtnScrap
Be who you are. Those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter.
GaMtnScrap is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off