Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-30-2008, 07:56 PM   #81
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

We got about as many as last year (less than 20). Last year was the first year we saw a sharp decline. Most of mine arrived very close to Christmas this year. I sent/handed out almost 40 cards this year because I've already thinned out the list somewhat. I send out cards because I like making them and it makes me happy to give them to people. BUT...if I don't receive any sort of acknowledgement for 3 years straight from a particular person, I scratch them off the list. I usually end up with new people to "replace" the old ones anyway so My card making hasn't really decreased but it hasn't increased either.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-30-2008, 07:58 PM   #82
Kookie Creator

We usually get between 30-40. I think this year we got about 15. I know I mailed mine out pretty late. I usually send out a lot because I have a huge family and they love seeing pictures of the kiddos.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:44 PM   #83
Stazon Splitcoast

Big decrease at my house.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:55 PM   #84
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw2855View Post
I'm not concerned how many I receive. I make and send cards to who I want, it makes me feel good and hopefully conveys my feelings to them.

Patti
That's how I feel about it, too, Patti. Life is too short to keep score. I know that the family and financial situations of some I send cards to don't make it easy for them to send cards. They always tell me how much they enjoy the cards I send though.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 12-30-2008, 09:25 PM   #85
Compulsive Stamper

Prior to the last few years, I always sent my cards out very early. Last year I got them out late and noticed that I started 'receiving' cards after I had sent mine.. (and like I said, I was LATE).

This year, just so happend, the same thing, I was late again... VERY late. And again... I started receiving from those I sent to AFTER I had sent mine!

I think there are those out there that only SEND if they RECEIVE!!!!! arg!! HOW RUDE.

It's very depressing...

I guess if I didn't send cards out... we would only receive maybe 6-8 cards. (That's about all I received prior to sending) Yet after I sent, I received about 20+ cards... mostly after Christmas.

oh whatever. I'm sure I will send next year too. I may shorten my list though... Maybe I will time it for them to receive Christmas eve.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:25 PM   #86
Insane Embellisher

I made one particular card to send out and it took me 45 minutes to make each card. I then make up a news letter and put the card stock through the printer for each card. This year I made about 40 cards for that. I had also attended an all day card class with Julie Ebersole and made 18 Amuse cards that I gave out to a few people as well. I probably get 95% back of what I send out. This year I sent to all the Aunts and Uncles even though we saw them this year but we cut out all presents to them. I gave a large donation to World Vision instead of giving gifts for the sake of giving, this took alot of stress off my shoulders this year, lol. I think that one of my people has passed away and the person that now lives in her apartment doesnt send the card return to sender so I will stop mailing to her.

I make my cards and it is like a present from me. I enjoy making them (well I do even though the cursing from my craft area is ongoing).

My most cherished card came from a young man that played hockey in our town a few years back. I had made him scrapbooks for the years he was here and got to know him and his grandparents. We kept in touch while he was at college and last year was drafted by the NHL. He is playing for the farm team but did play one game in Florida. He sent me a card the other day and in it were two pictures taken of him playing in the NHL. I am going to have them framed.

I still this it is important to send out cards and keep in touch with some people in your lives.

Lorri
Old 12-30-2008, 09:54 PM   #87
Compulsive Stamper

My mother and mother in law received a ton from their friends but my family and I only received a small number. I think that age has to do with some of it. My friends are slammed with kid events and if we received a card it was one with the family picture on the front.

My mother and mother in law received long folksy letters from their college friends etc.

I know that since I made my cards this year I was disappointed in the lack of cards received but I think it is a combo of factors.