Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-03-2019, 11:18 AM   #1401
Proud Fan Club Member

My appointments went well! I went early because mammogram was scheduled for 11 and gyn for 11:30 and they are in two different buildings although close. They are always fast at the breast center and I was in and out ten minutes before my 11 appt. Then the other appt I was in and out only 7 minutes after my scheduled appt! They are usually much slower!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html

Last edited by muscrat; 04-03-2019 at 11:22 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-04-2019, 07:20 AM   #1402
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Yay! Kathy! I hate those appointments AND I hate the dentist. Glad that you were in and out quickly!

Stacy, how is it going for you? Your last post sounds like you are up to your eyeballs in work. Did you get some time to create?

WT734 is a fun one. Lisa is taking inspiration from today's date.
muscrat likes this post.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:28 AM   #1403
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I was just coming to post the details of Lisa's challenge without posting a dud link, still haven't got upstairs to the PC yet. You beat me to it, Angie.
I'm all gungy from impressions which I wasn't expecting him to take today, but at least they're done.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:38 AM   #1404
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I did (and I did it crooked twice) and said good enough and walked away. ( better than no crafty time) Our dog had a lump on her leg that decided to start doing a discharge thing so, she is on antibiotics and will probably be having it removed next week so, a little bit of my lizard brain has been spent going leave your leg alone in my best mom voice.
I think the antibiotic's are kicking now though because, today has been better.
(there is a possibility the antibiotic's will shrink the lump up and she could avoid having it surgically removed but, we won't know until next week.

My Blog
Old 04-05-2019, 12:55 AM   #1405
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Stacy, sorry about your pup. I hope the antibiotics help. My BIL has found Chinese medicine to work wonders for their dogs.

Not going to add links, but Jeanne is doing double hostess duty today; the F4A is all able being creative with dies.
The MIX is BIG flowers with mixed media. I die-cut a big flower that I thought I'd use for Lydia's MIX last week, and then I made it up into something else afterwards, so that might be my big flower for the week unless inspiration and energy kick in after work.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:27 AM   #1406
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Julie is the Inspiration challenge hostess today, and she's getting us in the mood for summer with an Australian beach towel website: IC696 {4/6/19} Tesalate 🌴 - Splitcoaststampers. Great colours and designs.

My best beach towel discovery was the Turkish hammam towels, because if all you have is the backbox on a hired motorbike, small is good; they're compact, dry quickly and are all-natural unlike the microfibre towels (which are also compact and I am told dry quickly). When I got my first ones many years ago I had to get them mail order; I see they are far more widely available now and we bought a couple more last year.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:59 AM   #1407

Thanks Sabrina for posting the IC!! We are currently out of town. Nasty lightning storm right now. Hopefully it will move off quickly. We have a college tour today. . I’ve been awake more than asleep this night! I’ve made some comments on the IC when I couldn’t sleep.
Wow!! There have been fire trucks and every kind of siren Passing our hotel. Sad to think maybe the lightning hit something.

So back to the IC. As Sabrina mentioned our site this week features beautiful beach towels.

Do you like the beach? What is your favorite thing about the beach? I prefer the beach high from a beach hotel window!!! I really don’t enjoy the sand, jelly fish and manta rays.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:15 AM   #1408
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Oh, I love almost any beach at almost any time. I certainly won't swim if there are jellyfish, but I think they're quite beautiful. I can tell you what I like least, which is how hard soft sand is to walk on, even barefoot. When we were small, my mother often used to meet us from school and take us to the beach for a picnic lunch once the weather was warm enough. I really miss living near the sea .
ohmypaper! likes this post.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:41 AM   #1409
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I love every single thing about being on a beach even if its a rocky cliff type setting with howling winds and rain blowing in. but, I will agree you get a work out walking on the sand. ( I think its just I tend to take a camera with me when we go so, I am not playing in the water or laying on the sand) so, our beach towels are used at the pool.

My Blog
Old 04-06-2019, 01:15 PM   #1410
Proud Fan Club Member

I love the ocean more than the beach. I love looking out and not seeing any land as far as i can see! I love hearing the sound of the waves rolling in and seagulls flying overhead. I love lighthouses too. I was 30 before I first saw the ocean and have only been there three or four times since.

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Old 04-06-2019, 09:53 PM   #1411

This week's Featured Stamper is up! I took a quick look at Angie's gallery and I love it! She features quite a bit of Unity Stamps in her gallery and I have quite a few of the same ones!

Due to some car trouble this weekend I am home bound today so I hope to create and play along in the challenge after I have had some sleep!

Here's my question for you.
Which stamp company is the most represented in your collection? Can you tell us what appeals to you about that company?
Old 04-07-2019, 07:18 AM   #1412
Mad Swapper

Nice question. I have been sorting and reorganizing my stamps lately. I have several companies with a lot of stamps. Stampin'Up has the most, then Gina K Designs, then The Stamps of Life, then Hero Arts. I have the most of SU because my sister is a demonstrator and gives her family her discount. I guess it was 7 years ago, I discovered Gina K. It is very easy to order from her with free shipping at $50, so I began ordering and never stopped. I found the stamp club with The Stamps of Life and loved getting something new each month into my mail box, so I have joined, then stopped, then joined again over the last few years. These stamps are different than anything else I own, so that has been fun. I have a lot of Hero Arts as they were the ones that drew me in when I began stamping, over 15 years ago. Hobby Lobby sold many Hero Arts at the time, and I loved finding something new using the 40% off coupon. When I first ordered stamps online, Hero Arts was who I shopped with. They would send a sample of the work using the stamps ordered, and often gave free gifts with the purchase. This week there is an Online Card Class featuring Hero Arts. I am excited about it and hope to spend time stamping and creating with my many HA stamps. Fun question!

Featured Stamper #671
Old 04-07-2019, 08:23 AM   #1413
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm 99% SU because I have a demo friend and monthly classes. I don't order online, so unless I see something spectacular at Michaels or acmoore, the only other stamps I have came from yard sales or thrift stores. I'm in the process of weeding out old stuff I never use, but of course, once I pass it on you know I will need it!

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 08:34 AM   #1414

My largest collection is Unity Stamp Co. and I purchased them all during their fabulous sales.

I became a DT with Picket Fence Studios just last August and I almost have as many stamps from them as I do Unity. One of the reasons I was drawn to PFS was because their images tug at my heart the same way Unity does so it's interesting that they are just about tied for the largest collection.

MFT was the first company I was drawn to but interestingly I have very little from them.

As a new DT for Impression Obsession, I am smitten and growing my collection!
muscrat likes this post.
Old 04-07-2019, 09:52 AM   #1415
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I'd say SU first, followed by Penny Black and Purple Onion Design. Then Unity and ODBD . But that's a guesstimate because most of my Penny Black are wood mount, so they take up more space. I do have some clear and cling, but I love their blocks with the coloured decals. My Unity fit in a shoe-box, but it's full now. So I'm resisting the sales, which are indeed excellent.
Old 04-07-2019, 09:54 AM   #1416
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I also have a full shoebox of IO background stamps...but that's a lot less stamps than a full box of Unity .
Old 04-07-2019, 06:04 PM   #1417
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

The CAS Challenge is up.

"Expectations are infinite. Time is finite. You are always choosing. Choose well.”
Old 04-07-2019, 06:58 PM   #1418
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Oh no Angie, I hope your car is an easy fix.

That is a really good question, I think I have the most The Cat's Pajamas Stamps or Unity, it's kind of a toss up without counting.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:03 PM   #1419
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

My largest stamp collection is House Mouse, by far!!

"Expectations are infinite. Time is finite. You are always choosing. Choose well.”
Dockside and ohmypaper! like this post.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:02 AM   #1420
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Now there's a surprise, Misti, I'd never have guessed .

Judy's TLC is to use strips (or shapes) of DP to suggest a scene...I'll try a link as, miracle of miracles, I'm not getting an error message when I preview.

TLC737 ~ Patterned Scene Strips ~ {4/8/19} - Splitcoaststampers

I like using patterned papers for what I think of as "scrapbooking style" backgrounds (like my A-B card on Saturday), it will be interesting to work with strips. But I never have good "sky"papers, and greens are a problem too because that's what I use most of. In any case, it's Monday so it's work and housework first.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:29 PM   #1421
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

The color challenge is up and you can find the colors here.

hmmm, I have very big collections from PSX, Hero Arts, and SU but, Unity stamps is way up there in number and so are IO & penny black.

but, my co. count is in the hundreds so.. a harder question for me would be who have you noticed out there that you do not own any of yet and I would have a hard time answering that.
Spell check cannot guess from my ramblings the how to spell the co. I am thinking of

My Blog
Old 04-09-2019, 12:07 AM   #1422
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Anita's MMTPT challenge is up too: MMTPT559~April 9, 2019~ It's all in the Recipe. - Splitcoaststampers.
Our destination this week is pvilbaum's sister. Anita is asking us to be inspired by recipes. For a cook, initially I was struggling but when my mind got in gear there were so many possibilities...I went with Hoot Owl Cookies, but thought of pecan turtles, banana split, pears belle Helene, cloverleaf rolls...
Old 04-09-2019, 04:37 AM   #1423

So happy Stacy and Sabrina posted today's challenges. I have to run to an appointment with my DH. He has a possible melanoma in his eye. Scary.

I have a question for you all sparked by Teapot challenge.

Do you like to cook?
Would you rather be in your craft room or cook?

For me, Definitely ART over Cooking.
I think I would enjoy cooking more if I had an unlimited budget and someone would clean up for me!
One4Joy likes this post.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:48 AM   #1424
Proud Fan Club Member

I hate cooking, mainly because I have no appetite and can't think of what to make. If I were rich, I'd hire a cook. I don't mind the cleanup.

Daily Scripture Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 06:36 AM   #1425
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Scary indeed, Angie. Praying for good results for DH!

Funny thing is I was just talking to hubby about how I hate cooking—especially baking. I hate measuring and I complained about the clean-up (so many dishes!). But I also told him that I just don’t get it. I don’t understand how you make a recipe. How does one know how much of what ingredients would make something tasty? I told him I understand how to develop a knitting pattern, but I don’t understand how you would develop a recipe.
muscrat and ohmypaper! like this post.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:54 AM   #1426
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Angie, prayers for you & your hubby! That’s scary!

I do like to cook, I don’t even mind the clean up, because I’ve finally learned to clean as I go. But most days are range days for us, so I throw ingredients in the crock pot & go.

Old 04-09-2019, 07:02 AM   #1427
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Hopefully this is a fixable thing Angie ((HUGS))

craft room wins hands down

Its a tastebud thing I think...I have people in my family (including hubs) that can read a recipe and taste it in their head, and I don't have that. or not to the degree they have where a pinch of this and more of that makes it go from OK to WOWOWOWOW

you know what I mean?

I like baking much better over cooking its the science of it I think, you get the same results with the same measurements provided the barometer is not out of whack.

cleaning does not bother me that much, so hubs does more cooking than I do and I do pretty much all the clean up. ( which is saying something as the man uses every bowl he can find)

My Blog
Old 04-09-2019, 07:33 AM   #1428
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hope things go OK for your DH, Angie.

I quite like cooking although we tend towards simple meals. We’re non meat eaters too so that may help keep things easy to manage. We recently had one of DH’s grandsons to stay and while he was in the kitchen with me one day I was really surprised by his question “How do you keep so many recipes in your head?” - I tend to just make most things, I don’t usually consult recipes when I’m cooking (unlike baking where measurements actually matter!). He’s recently gone vegetarian and his dad decided he would too so maybe they’re consulting more recipes as they explore new dishes, I tend to have staples that I’ve made so often I just know what goes in there. I still make things I learned from my mum waaaay back too (we’re talking 40+ years here) - soufflé omelette anyone?

My blog
Old 04-09-2019, 11:50 AM   #1429

Oh, Angie, I hope your hubby the best. I know the two of you are worried. I am saying a prayer for both of you.

I love to make cards and I don't like to cook. If I could eat all the sweet goodies I want I wouldn't mind being in the kitchen making cakes, cookies, candies but I can't without putting on pounds so I mostly just do that at Christmas.
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda
Old 04-09-2019, 12:22 PM   #1430
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Yikes, Angie. Anything to do with eyes is scary, that sounds particularly so. I hope you got good news from the appointment.

Well, I think I'd say the kitchen wins. I do have someone to do the clear-up . He may not cook, saying "why have a dog and bark yourself" but he's happy to do any amount of washing up, and most of the putting away. Kathy, if you were rich you could employ me . That's what I used to do - I had several live-in jobs before I was married, and then for a few years I worked for a family, cooking there in the afternoons and then coming home. That's when I gave it up as a job, I wasn't enjoying it at home anymore. So actually maybe I'm not in the market for employment as a cook, come to think of it.

I don't find budget an issue in cooking. Last time I bought steak the butcher was apologising for the price. But I said it was fine, it was my choice - we don't eat a lot of meat and when we do, I don't mind paying for good meat. When I used to do cooking for Scripture Union holiday camps, the warden at the centre said I always came in well below budget (and it wasn't that big a budget per head, it was just the large numbers made it work).
Old 04-09-2019, 08:28 PM   #1431

Thank you so much for your good wishes and prayers! We were there 2 hours! Good news though. It's not melanoma! He has to come back in 4 months to make sure the spot has not changed.

Thank you again for all the kind thoughts!

I enjoyed reading everyone's cooking likes and dislikes!!!

The sketch isn't up yet but I am heading to bed. This day has gone on long enough for me!
JBgreendawn, One4Joy, Cook22 and 2 others like this post.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:32 PM   #1432
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Phew, Angie, that's a big relief.
The sketch challenge is up now, here it is: Sketch Challenge 744 (4/10/19) - Splitcoaststampers
Old 04-10-2019, 04:12 AM   #1433

Angie, that is a real relief. I know you two came away from the doctor's office feeling much better. Thanks for letting us know. I

Now, enjoy your day. I am going out today with an SCSer for lunch. More later.
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda
Old 04-11-2019, 01:03 PM   #1434

Well, I am a goof!!! I opened up SCS this morning to see what the Ways To Use It challenge is so that I could post it in our chat and I totally forgot to post it!

It's all about grass. A perfect challenge to get us in a spring mood, like we need any excuses! When I checked this morning there were already some cuties in the gallery, I imagine there are a lot more now!

What is your favorite way to "grow" grass on your cards?

Die, freehand, stamp, stencil or something I haven't thought of?

I am torn between dies and stamp. I am usually a little disappointed that my die cut grass doesn't look like Kittie's!
JBgreendawn likes this post.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:55 PM   #1435
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I have always had you know those critter stamps that have two or three little bitty clumps of grass under them that I like to as I am coloring it extend the grass under them all the way like shadows? so, I'd probably says pencil flicked grass first then stamped.

I am so relived that you guys got good news at the Dr's that is a lot of worry / stress.

PS that sketch actually looks like an easy to do one ( for me )

My Blog
Old 04-11-2019, 05:45 PM   #1436

I agree, Stacy! I liked that sketch! I didn't have time to stamp on Wednesday but I might use it for some upcoming things!

That is awesome that you enjoy flicking grass! Sometimes I do well and other times it doesn't turn out.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:50 PM   #1437
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

popping on to say hello to my fellow challenge chicks! saw the WT challenge..such a fun idea. I may have to create something tomorrow/this weekend....

who is going to participate in VSN this weekend?
Old 04-11-2019, 06:43 PM   #1438
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hey Dawn! Great minds think alike! I'm popping in too!

I keep peeking in on the daily challenges, but I have been super busy getting ready for this weekend's VSN and a volunteer appreciation luncheon later this month. I'm in a daze!

Angie, I'm glad to see your hubby got good news from the doc. What a relief!

I'm not much of a cook. My mom is very good, and I used to be pretty good when I could stand longer at the stove. I enjoyed cooking years ago when we had a house full of foster kids. I also enjoyed teaching the teens some basic cooking skills as they were preparing for independence.

Now, my hubby is the primary cook. He is pretty good, though he likes things spicier than I do! He works a lot of 12 hour shifts, so I eat simply when he's gone, sometimes leftovers. I definitely spend more time in my craft room than in the kitchen. I wish stamping burned more calories. I'd look stunning! LOL

Next note... grass. Hmm, I definitely doodle it more often than anything else, either with a marker or watercolor crayon. After doodling, I'll sponge more color. I don't have any grassy dies.

Back to my VSN sample making. I hope to see y'all tomorrow night and Saturday!

Old 04-11-2019, 08:39 PM   #1439

Hi Dawn! Hi Kim!

Kim, I agree with you, too bad stamping doesn't burn more calories. Funny I am on a private chat right now and burning calories is exactly what we are talking about!
Old 04-12-2019, 01:02 AM   #1440
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Using a die-cut negative as a stencil is my favourite way of doing grass, you can use two or three colours and move the stencil up.

Janelle's MUX challenge is to use water or pouring techniques along with at least two mediums. I have the germ of an idea, but will have to try it to see if it works, and then figure out what to add to make it MIXed. And I have to stop and do the shopping on the way home from work as I need to wait in for a delivery tomorrow morning. So I don't know how much time I will have. Also with 5 Mondays this month my TLC is coming up fast and I'm still working on a couple of samples for that. Inline to be prepared ahead of time.

MIX324: It's Raining, It's Pouring! - Splitcoaststampers

Robin's F4A is Spring cards: F4A477 April 12 Easter/Spring - Splitcoaststampers