Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-14-2019, 05:08 PM   #1121
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

RE: Craft Table. I told my husband to come look at mine yesterday. He asked me if Storm made the mess and I had to tell him, no that was me! When i create until the wee hours I tend to leave it but the next morning I get it all cleaned and I am inspired for a new project! Gail, I am glad yours is all cleaned into folder just waiting for your next stamping session!

Misti, that is SO smart of you to have images to color while you wait. I know you spend many hours at practice what a wonderful way to buy back some of that time!

Sabrina, I chuckled that you thought of Noel for Susan!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-14-2019, 05:17 PM   #1122
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

My craft table is a mess, but ironically only about 1/3 is from crafts. The other mess is from my diocesan council stuff, Lay Dominican studies (LOTS of books) and odds & ends that I need to file. I uploaded all of my Dirty Dozen cards and so I am going to clean up my mess while finishing an audio book.

I want to do the WT challenge since my niece just had her 2nd BABY. She lives in FL, and we don't talk often. I thought her due date was later, or I would already have the card done. I have a fabulous mother/child stamp from Unity that I will likely use. Maybe if I get the craft end cleared off, I'll make a fresh mess.

New Dirty Dozen gals are revealed TOMORROW! I'm so excited for them!

I'll peek in later tonight to see if any challenges are posted early.

Scraperwannabe likes this post.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:22 PM   #1123
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Some cameras have a setting that lets you see if you have a level horizon. I tend to use that on holidays , but for card photos I know I can always crop and rotate so I'm not worried. One of my tripods has a built-in spirit level, and for my non-digital camera I have a little one that goes into the flash hot-shoe.

I realised, as I spent my day off yesterday trying to use up my coloured images, is that part of the problem is that in using them, creating a card is no longer an organic evolutionary process. It's making a platform to put the image on, and it's not as much fun. Maybe next time I'm sick I'll go back to what I did back in September or October, when I stamped, coloured and fussy-cut cut loads of little flowers and leaves. They were wonderful to have sitting in a box on my desk.

Off to check the challenge forum now and I'll be back with links if available.
ohmypaper! likes this post.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:29 PM   #1124
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

No F4A yet, but the MIX is MIX316: Array Of Sunshine - Splitcoaststampers.

Janelle says "This week's challenge is to choose a color combination, an array of colors you would see in the sky, and use them on your project! A rainbow or a sunset maybe!" With mixed media, of course.

I was in bed by seven last night, so I'm not sure how I'll be after work today. But I'll certainly have fun making something for this over the weekend.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:08 AM   #1125

Sabrina, that is interesting about your process. That is a COOL idea of cutting flowers ahead. Maybe that is part of it for me too. Building a card is definitely a process. I enjoy seeing where that blank piece of paper will take me. Often it takes me to the garbage bin but that is ok because I learned along the way and enjoyed doing it.

Still, no Free For all but the MIX sounds fun!!

Ok, so here is a question based on the MIX challenge.

What is your favorite sunset or sunrise memory(s)!

For me, it has to be nights spent in the Smokey Mountains. The sunsets over those smokey blue mountains are amazing! At one campsite we went back to several years in a row. This campground is hard to get to and small, no electricity. So you get a certain type of people up there. Not everyone wants to be up so far from amenities. We could take a short hike to an overlook from the camp. About the same 10 of us would end up meeting at the overlook and we would all sit or stand and watch the beauty unfold before us. If we chatted it was all in hushed tones. It was magical!!!

Now it's your turn!
Old 02-15-2019, 08:02 AM   #1126
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Free 4 All is up! Sorry for the delay!
F4A469 Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Banana? 2.15.19 - Splitcoaststampers
Old 02-15-2019, 09:52 AM   #1127
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

New Dirty Dozen gals are reveled today...

come chat!

NEW Dirty Dozen Reveal Today!!! - Splitcoaststampers

muscrat likes this post.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:55 AM   #1128
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohmypaper!View Post

Ok, so here is a question based on the MIX challenge.

What is your favorite sunset or sunrise memory(s)!

I was a teenager at a Boy Scout camp where our Explorer troop was spending the weekend. I was infatuated with one of the guys working at the camp, also a teenager. We were at the lake at sunset. Across the lake on a pier, we could see a guy and his dog and the guy was playing a mandolin. Not long after we had our first kiss.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:17 AM   #1129
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Lots of lovely sunsets here. I think a memorable one was when DH lost a panier off a borrowed motorbike and we walked almost all the way through the park the next evening to see if we could see it anywhere - it was a long cold walk, but coming back, the sunset was beautiful and (almost) made it worth it.

I think some of the most beautiful ones I've seen have been in Greece, especially when we go down to beaches in the evening. But perhaps my most memorable one was on the west coast of France near La Rochelle. We were sitting in a little restaurant right beside the sea having probably crepes and definitely cider, served the traditional way in bowls. We could see the bridge out to the Ile de Re, and we enjoyed the most glorious sunset.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:41 PM   #1130
Glitter Guru

My best ever sunset was years ago when I went to Hawaii - I've never forgotten it!

I loved both of today's challenges (and combined the MIX one with the Fan Club Christmas one). It's been pouring with rain so easy to stay inside and make cards! And it's washing away a lot of our snow so no more shovelling for awhile! But I'm going to have to go out there and get wet and as my dog has been patiently waiting for her daily walk.

I'll come back and look for the new Dirty Dozen later - I don't see it on the home page yet.

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:38 PM   #1131
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Stacy's IC challenge today is the Isle of Wight glass studio: IC689 {Isle of Wright Studio Glass} 2/16/19 - Splitcoaststampers . The Isle of Wight is somewhere I'd love to visit: we've flown over it a few times.

I'm taking a peep at the glass studio now. It's something I find fascinating and beautiful. I brought a lot back when I worked in Guernsey in the Channel Islands, and we visited a fabulous glass studio in Corfu. I bought earrings and a necklace.

Looks like a great opportunity for marbling techniques, shaving foam or nail polish.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:01 PM   #1132

I love the sunset stories!

Thanks to both Jeanne and Sabrina for posting challenges!

I have been so crazy busy that I haven't even gotten to see who the new Dirty Girls are so I am about to do that and then comment on the IC!

It's a fabulously busy weekend!

The BEST of THE YEAR favorites list is up!!!
EVERYONE is welcome to add a list!!! It can be one favorite or many, we love to see you sharing love all around the SCS community!!
Old 02-16-2019, 09:12 PM   #1133

The Featured Stamper is up! Wow! What a pretty gallery!!! I don't believe I have ever stumbled upon this gallery before.

Even if you can't play today check out the gallery! I love the use of gingham and you have to check out her Christmas pie!!!
Old 02-16-2019, 09:49 PM   #1134
Glitter Guru

No, I've never come across that Featured Stamper either, but she certainly has some beautiful cards.

Not sure if I'll have time to make a card tomorrow as I'm out most of the day. But I've done really well on challenges this week - all our snow (which is unusual for us) meant my volunteering for the therapeutic horse riding was cancelled for the week and it has kept me indoors a lot - great chance to make some cards (and to work on organizing all my dies).

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:55 PM   #1135

Susan, I didn't know you volunteered with therapeutic horse riding! A friend of mine has a daughter with PWS and I know that they did therapeutic horse riding when she was younger.

So fun that you were able to create all week. Sorry, it was because of snow though. I am sure it's very cold. Brrr!
Old 02-17-2019, 07:04 PM   #1136
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

CAS Challenge

"Expectations are infinite. Time is finite. You are always choosing. Choose well.”
Old 02-17-2019, 09:35 PM   #1137
Glitter Guru

Angie, we did have a rider with PWS - such a nasty condition and so sad. Unfortunately he had to stop coming when, in his teens, he became too heavy (I gather obesity is part of the condition) - our therapy horses are elderly and we have to consider the amount of weight we ask them to carry. We have riders with Cerebral Palsy, MS, various other physical conditions, anxiety, autism, Downs - it makes you count your blessings that's for sure.

The therapeutic riding is why I make so many Christmas cards. Every November, I have an open house fundraiser where I sell my Christmas cards and my shortbread cookies, and then donate the money to help fund some of our low-income riders.

JBgreendawn and muscrat like this post.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:33 PM   #1138
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

My autistic ADHD nephew used to love riding. For several summers as a teen he helped out in the stables where he used to ride. I think the owner did quite a bit of work with disabilities.
When he first started, people used to say he had a great seat, and my brother would laugh and say it was just because he was so light. He's still like a stick insect.

Lyn's TLC is colouring on kraft:TLC730 ~ Get Inky and Krafty ~ {2/18/19} - Splitcoaststampers. I coloured a snowman on kraft while I was sick but I used him up on Thursday, what a shame! Overtime in work today and the kitchen floor is the only one that's been washed since I got sick, so I think my afternoon is accounted for, the rest of the floors really need some attention.
susanbri likes this post.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:49 AM   #1139

Susan, PWS is a tragic condition! Parents have to be on guard ALL the time about food. They have to lock their cabinets. With food offered as treats continually, it's a struggle for parents to take their PWS kids anywhere. MY friend has to be hyper-vigilant. They don't ever feel full so they won't stop eating on their own. They are always hungry. It's heartbreaking. Many people with PWS will die because they will get out on their own and can't stop eating. HORRID, Horrid condition.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:43 PM   #1140
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Well, I peeked in here again pages behind but, I like to color and I usually have some things already colored on hand all the time. ( it's maybe 20 images or less) because, somethings ( like bigger floral's with lots of open space on the petals) take a long time to color with pencils for me, I know I can lay down some maker first to speed it up, but, I enjoy the actual process of coloring so, it turns into a Win when I find a challenge that can use something I have previously colored.

I tend to color what I feel like coloring or new images or something I forgot I had that I rediscovered in my room. so, its just a lucky thing when it will work for a challenge. This I nearly always have colored are Christmas type images, Birds and Flowers, sometimes people but, not as often ( and it hardly ever works for a color type challenge more of a theme or image type deal) so for a VSN when you are on the fly my cards tend to lean very cas and if I need to color something it will not be as detailed I would probably do a faux water coloring with an aqua brush and scribbled ink on a palette.

My Blog
Old 02-18-2019, 04:03 PM   #1141
Proud Fan Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

I agree, I like having things colored. I was going to try to make some backgrounds as well and see how that works.
JBgreendawn and ohmypaper! like this post.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:49 PM   #1142
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Like Stacy, I'm catching up on this thread. I found time to do a challenge for the first time in at least a couple weeks today - felt nice to get in my room.
The only images I sometimes will color ahead are Christmas images because I know I can add them to quick CAS Christmas cards. I tend to make one card at a time, start to finish. I like the process of starting from scratch and usually only do one of a kind.
Like you, Angie I can really only color in my craft room where I have lots of bright light and OTT lights. I have very poor vision so coloring on the go or in lower light other places in the house is not an option. That's okay; I love spending time in my craft room!
Sunsets! My favorites are at my dear friend's lake cottage in upper Michigan. She, I and our other best friend spend a week there each summer and always enjoy the sunsets over the lake from the porch.
In winter, my DH and I sometimes see spectacular sunsets through all the bare branches of trees to the west of our home.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:58 PM   #1143
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

hey! popping on to say hi! haven't had time to do challenges! but I enjoy seeing what others do. Maybe I"ll do a challenge card tomorrow!

Hey, I won a "color me happy" stampin up set on ebay this weekend. I'm pretty happy! plus...this means I"ll be getting happy mail! yeah!
Old 02-18-2019, 07:08 PM   #1144
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawnmercedesView Post
hey! popping on to say hi! haven't had time to do challenges! but I enjoy seeing what others do. Maybe I"ll do a challenge card tomorrow!

Hey, I won a "color me happy" stampin up set on ebay this weekend. I'm pretty happy! plus...this means I"ll be getting happy mail! yeah!

I won a House Mouse Stamp that has been on my list for awhile. I finally didn’t get outbid at the last second!

"Expectations are infinite. Time is finite. You are always choosing. Choose well.”
dawnmercedes, JBgreendawn, ashjoy and 1 others like this post.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:36 PM   #1145
Glitter Guru

Color Challenge is up here - lovely spring colours!!

Old 02-19-2019, 12:17 AM   #1146
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

It's Susie's first gig as a TEAm member for Teapot Tuesday, her challenge is here: MMTPT552~February 19, 2019~Arman of Avalon - Splitcoaststampers, and there are several options, food, sport, Harry Potter. Susie made a fabulous Harry card. I went food, of course. I'll get it uploaded after work.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:23 AM   #1147

Susan and Sabrina, Thanks for the posting the challenges! Our daughter is at Disney with her drama team and I actually went to bed at the same time as my husband. Which is CRAZY early in the evening. TOTALLY not my way but maybe I needed the extra sleep.

Dawn and Misti, woohoo on the stamps! That is awesome! Misti, I bet that is fun to not get outbid!!! Kind of a double win!

Claudia sounds like we are similar! I don't mind being in my craft room either because 1) it's on the main floor of our small house so I always feel connected to everything going on and 2) my computer is in here so if I really want to I can watch something while I work.

Joyce!! So fun to see you here!! For me, it's a bit easier to have some backgrounds done ahead of time.

Stacy, I admire your system and your talent! You always have such a large number of cards for your sale in the Fall.

I peeked at the colors, they are perfect for a spring card!

Oh! A Huge welcome to Susie! I will run over there and check out her challenge although I don't think I will be able to play.

It's staycation for the next 3 days here. Our daughter is at Disney and we have taken 3 days off so I am not sure how much time I will have to create.
JBgreendawn and susie australia like this post.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:40 AM   #1148
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Ahh I think you could tweak the colors today into something foodish growing? ( fruit maybe?)

my food stamps tend to lean towards coffee (and other drinks) and growing things ( fruits and such) off the top of my head the only cooked food thing I have is a turkey on a platter.

and sports are fishing ones...

My Blog
Old 02-19-2019, 07:32 AM   #1149
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

I see that there are a LOT of flowers in the gallery today...I went with something less lovely...LAUNDRY! haha. Now..to make a dessert to celebrate my son's 1/2 bday! You gotta love silly holidays!
Old 02-19-2019, 07:47 AM   #1150
Proud Fan Club Member

Misti, wich HM did you get?

Dawn, I love that you celebrate unique holidays. Your house must always be fun!

Congrats Suzy on your first TeaPoter post! Looks great!

Angie, when your craft room isn’t in boxes it’s easier to get creative. Although my room has a couple of steps to be finished I can use it until I decide on paint colors.

I played along with technique, the CAS and the color challenges yesterday. It felt so good!
susie australia likes this post.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:26 PM   #1151
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I am slowly catching up on all the chatter, thanks for the Teapotter good wishes. I hope everyone is having a happy, inky week. The Best of 2018 Favourites has been such a great event. I'm now looking forward to catching up viewing the cards in the challenge galleries and a proper long look at the beautiful Dirty Dozen creations. Hopefully the link on the HOME page to the February Fan Club gallery is fixed soon.

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:20 PM   #1152
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi friends!

Caught up a bit on the chatter. I just posted a card for today's color challenge, combined with yesterday's.

I didn't stamp this weekend. After my big push for DD, I was tired. I actually have another card I didn't upload yet, which was a Valentine for Bruce. I'll edit and add it, hopefully later tonight.

I haven't purchased anything on eBay for a while. I get SO tempted. But I am trying to save money. There was a big sale on Angie Girls at Unity Stamp co this weekend, which I had to ignore, or else I would have spent all of Bruce's overtime.

susie australia and ohmypaper! like this post.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:21 PM   #1153
Glitter Guru

I got a card done for the TLC challenge but that's it for me for a couple of days as I'm now down in Seattle visiting a good friend for a couple of days. But will definitely do the Color Challenge when I get home.

Lucky you, Misti, winning a House Mouse stamp - they are adorable!

Susie, enjoy the Teapot Team!

susie australia and ohmypaper! like this post.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:52 PM   #1154
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Sketch Challenge: sketch challenge 737 %7B2 20 2019%7D t628095.html

Old 02-19-2019, 09:44 PM   #1155
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Misti you have totally converted me to House Mouse stamps after sending you Best of 2018 happy mail, along with Sabrina. One of your cards brought tears to my eyes, who knew mice could be so cute....well you did but you know what I mean. xx

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:49 PM   #1156
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie australiaView Post
Misti you have totally converted me to House Mouse stamps after sending you Best of 2018 happy mail, along with Sabrina. One of your cards brought tears to my eyes, who knew mice could be so cute....well you did but you know what I mean. xx

Awwww!!! I have a “tiny” (cough, cough) collection! I’ve been collecting 20 years...yikes...how can that possibly be accurate!!??

Cook22, susie australia and ohmypaper! like this post.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:06 AM   #1157
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I SO wanted to find time to play in yesterday's color challenge - I love, love that fresh combination. DH and I are spending most of our time trying to sort out and clean my dad's condo. By the time I got home yesterday I was way too tired to create. Off to another day of cleaning now so I haven't even checked the sketch out.
Susie, great to see you on the Teapot team, and I definitely want to get a card out to this inspiring boy - we saw him on the news!
Cook22 likes this post.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:31 AM   #1158
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Oh Claudia, that sorting and cleaning is an exhausting job! I hope your dad is doing ok.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:34 AM   #1159
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I'm home on a day off which is most welcome. Mostly trying to catch up with a couple of upcoming challenges, and trying to make the homemade part of a March birthday gift. I'd been hoping to knit socks but that was something I checked with the recipient first, and she said they wouldn't be suitable. So I'm trying a tutorial from here which I've had bookmarked for ages and finally got something I needed for it.

I also need to go and mail my card for Arman, along with a birthday card for a friend here.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:42 PM   #1160
Proud Fan Club Member

This weeks sketch could easily be combined with this weeks CAS challenge.