Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-03-2020, 12:44 PM   #81
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Your boys are cutie pies, Jen. Wish mine were that age again. They're so much fun. 

Angie, no super bowl watching for me. I just mostly watch college football. And, you know my fave is the Alabama Crimson Tide. But, so happy you got to see your Kansas team in that huge win.

To answer your question about the simplest die cut card we've made, this is probably mine.  ; font-weight: bold;"> Hearts for Him;"> The branch was the die cut. The hearts were a punch.

Doesn't get much simpler than that.
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-03-2020, 12:58 PM   #82

Sabrina, I love the card you linked.  I think you gave that one to me?  I love it.  Thanks for sharing Jen's link.  What a gorgeous card Jen!!!

Jen, I love the photo!  How sweet!!  I hope your 49er fan didn't take it too hard! Goodness there were lots of ups and downs for your little fans last night!  So very glad that the wishbone was correct! 
Old 02-03-2020, 01:01 PM   #83

Brenda, that is one of my favorite cards of yours!  I adore the branch.  I think you inspired me to buy that branch die all those years ago!  
Benzi likes this post.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:06 PM   #84

Jen, your puzzle card is so cool and I'm betting it was well liked for the recipient (a puzzle lover). I like them, too....crossword and jigsaw. Right after breakfast everyday, I work the crossword from the newspaper....and the jumble. 

Love your card, Angie, and the die cut heart looks so pretty and colorful with the jigsaw pieces. Loved the sweet sentiment with it. 
My Blog---My Gallery---My PinterestI'm a Punchkateer! (Prez) FOREVERDirty Dozen Alumni2014 CAS Spring DT--- Inspiration Challenge Co- Hostess 12/02/17-12/28/19 Watercolor Wednesday Design Team Hebrews 13:2 Brenda
ohmypaper! likes this post.
Old 02-03-2020, 03:28 PM   #85

Ooh, Sabrina. I love your bird card. Of course, I love birds and your card is so wonderfully CAS. Love how you did the background for the bird and branch.
Old 02-03-2020, 04:41 PM   #86
Stazon Splitcoast

No, no Super Bowl for me - I'm Canadian and we don't follow it much up here (unless you're a fanatical football fan).  I have to admit I don't even know who played or who won - I'm sure that's scandalous to my American friends!

As for my simplest card I ever made with a die cut - it has to be Less is More Dove.  Just the die cut dove allowing the blue glitter cs to show through it and a simple stamped sentiment.

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Old 02-04-2020, 06:50 AM   #87

Susan, that is stunning!  Simple can be so elegant!  

No, I don't think your attitude is scandolous.    There are a lot of people that are not interested in football.  Somehow I landed in a family that couldn't care less about sports and I love watching just about any sport.  But since no one in my family likes it I don't watch a lot these days, besides there is always a card to be made which keeps me away from the tv!   I thoroughly enjoyed Sunday though! 

Old 02-04-2020, 06:56 AM   #88

Today's Color Challenge makes my heart go pitter patter!  It's lovely!  

Teapot Tuesday Challenge - Use 3 - For imaginary cookies add an RV

Questions: Have you made all your valentine's?  Are they in the mail?
Have you ever traveled in an RV?

Answers: I have no idea if I am done with valentines yet.  I need to check my stash and MAIL whatever I have.  So nope, they are not in the mail yet. 
Never traveled in an RV but would love camping off the ground!  

Your turn!
Old 02-04-2020, 08:16 AM   #89

Susan, a perfect and beautiful CAS design.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:50 AM   #90
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Angie and Brenda, for the compliments on the card I mentioned.

Angie, to answer your new questions:

No, I haven't finished making Valentines as a friend asked me to make four for her.  I'm meeting her for breakfast on Saturday so have to have them finished by then!

I've never travelled in an RV but I've slept in one.  Neither it nor camping really appeal to me - give me quaint B&Bs or small hotels anyday!

My SCS gallery is here should you care to look! Or please visit my blog, Cardmaker's Garret.
Benzi and ohmypaper! like this post.
Old 02-04-2020, 04:11 PM   #91
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you
This month is my mom B-day I miss her crazy. And I miss my crafty too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbieinOCView Post
Hi Linda,  I am still fairly new to using this site so I don't have any suggestions for you.  But I did wish to offer my condolences on the loss of your mother who was also your great friend and crafting partner.  I hope you are able to continue with your crafting as I know it can be very healing for our souls.  If I do think of anything, I will add it.  In the meantime, I think just checking in here with all these really warm and open-hearted stampers is a way to at least stay connected.   Blessing.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:40 AM   #92

Linda, I am so sorry.  That is very tough.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:45 AM   #93

The Sketch Challenge is up and I already see a gallery full of beauty! 

It's hump day!  Do you have any special routines for hump day?  

Old 02-05-2020, 06:48 AM   #94
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

No Valentines needed here, though I will send a couple of cards to American penfriends who aren't really online. So I don't make them, as such.

No to an RV, but as I think you know we camp in a tent. The problem I see to an RV is that when you're parked up, then you're more limited as to where you can go, unless you can also bring some other form of transport. We met a German couple two or three years ago who had a little motorbike in the back of theirs - but as they pointed out, it was little, so it wasn't very comfortable for long distances and neither of them were exactly large. But it did give them more mobility. And I've even seen one RV with one of those little two-seater Smart cars in the back - but that was a BIG RV by European standards at least. 
Old 02-05-2020, 04:46 PM   #95
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

hmm, I have traveled in an RV ( my grandparents had a 42' one when I was a kid so, when my parents were doing the share the kids over summer vacation shuffle sometimes they picked us up and drove to my moms house in one with us)

hubs currently has a camper that fits in the bed of a full sized truck, it works. it has a shower and such, but its getting harder to climb into the bed which sits over the cab of the truck and we have two full size labs so the plan is to replace the camper ( which we bought used to try for dirt cheap) with a small tow behind the truck travel trailer this year or next year. ( the camper is from 1970 and it has been nickle and dimming us with repairs since we bought it and that has gotten old)

we used to camp in tents but, its been 20 years since we have done that.

if we travel to cities hotels all the way. there is something to be said over a long hot shower when your hair is to your elbows.

My Blog
Old 02-06-2020, 07:16 AM   #96

Sabrina, Here in the States we see huge RVs towing small cars or SUVs.  I always thought that would be cool until I started having traveling issues.  Now I could not handle driving/or passengering one of those through a busy city so I think that is definitely out.  Not to mention they cost more than our house!  LOL  

Stacy, my Grandpa had one of those campers.  It's a nice option.  We have never owned a pickup truck so we have never had one.  

For a few years we had a van that would tow a pop-up camper.  That is some of my happiest memories camping with our kids.  But we soon outgrew it as we are a family of tall people.  

Today's Challenge:

WT778 - Sparkle!  Woohoo!  This ought to be lots of fun! 
Old 02-07-2020, 07:11 PM   #97

The Inspiration Challenge is up and I am your hostess this week!

This week I am taking you to a stencil store to find inspiration so my questions to you:
Do you like using stencils?
Do you prefer abstract, scenes, florals, animals or another kind of stencil?
Do you like using stencils to create mixed media projects or simpler projects?
What medium is your favorite with stencils: Paste, ink, embossing powder, paint or something else?  

I do enjoy using stencils!  I am beginning to reach for them more often.
My favorite is tied between cloud stencils and abstract stencils.  My sample today is with an abstract background and that is fast becoming my favorite way to use a stencil.  I am beginning to experiment with paper glazes and glitter glazes but so far my favorite medium is ink brushed on with a Life Changing Blender Brush.  No matter how I use a stencil, I still prefer a clean layered look rather than a true mixed media style.  

Your turn!

Old 02-08-2020, 04:05 AM   #98
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I like using stencils, yes. Mostly abstract or geometric for backgrounds. I have a couple that are sort of stand-alone, but don't use them so much. I like them almost any way - with pastes, with ink, with sprays. I need to reorganise my filing, or at least add tabs so it's easier to find what I'm looking for without flipping through the whole book. 
Old 02-08-2020, 06:35 AM   #99
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I seem to lean towards things that remind me of notions. lace stencils, stitching stencils, that kind of a thing. I have some frame masks. the thing is that I like to do the smoosh paste through them but, I absolutely despise cleaning them after, so I am trying to make my self use them with waterbased inks so I can just you know rinse them off. I did pick up some wordy ones during the Christmas season last year and I did use one of those with some foils but, again it was the smoosh the transfer gel through and hurry to clean it thing.

My Blog
Old 02-08-2020, 06:42 AM   #100
Stazon Splitcoast

I love using stencils - with paste, foil, ink, brushos - there are so many great techniques.  The ones I use the most are abstract backgrounds, occasionally floral backgrounds.  Mostly I make backgrounds with them, but occasionally the stencil is the focal image of the card.  I prefer to keep my cards quite CAS, but I'm stretching myself to do a bit more mixed media.  Organizing my stencils is on my to-do list!

Stacy, I agree - I don't like the "hurry to clean it" thing either and I don't have a sink / bathroom on the floor my craft room is on.  So I take a flat container of soapy water upstairs to drop the stencil and palette knife into as soon as I'm done and then I clean them later.

JBgreendawn likes this post.
Old 02-08-2020, 10:38 AM   #101
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

that is really brilliant Susan. ( I have my entire space covered and tend to have all the backgrounds drip drying over everything that is out and fairly flat) but, I think with enough advanced planning that would work for me ( not that I advance plan things) but, it would be way easier than running up and down the stairs to a sink.

My Blog
susanbri likes this post.
Old 02-09-2020, 01:13 AM   #102
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I considered Susan's option, but the idea of trying to get a large flat container of liquid up a ladder without spills is unlikely. So I thought about bringing the water up separately, but there's still the problem of emptying it into a bottle to bring back down again, without spills while emptying. So for stencils, I stick to a quick (but not hasty) descent to the bathroom where I leave them in the bathroom sink with water and clean them after. For gel printing and marbling on water, it's easier to bring my supplies downstairs - so they don't happen very often.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:38 PM   #103

After reading the posts above, I think I am lucky to have my art space on the bottom floor not far from the kitchen!  
Old 02-09-2020, 08:43 PM   #104
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

The CAS challenge is live:

Margin- a buffer zone between you & a disaster.

Old 02-09-2020, 08:44 PM   #105

Drat! Sunday's are just too busy for me!  Brent is our newest Featured Stamper.  He creates beautiful digital cards and is generous with his comments!  The great thing about SCS is the challenge never closes so we can feel free to create for a challenge at a later time. 

CAS572 is sweet Chocolate!  Have fun with this one but don't eat too much!

TLC781 is Origami Leaf.

Old 02-11-2020, 10:13 AM   #106

Oh!  The Color Challenge makes me think of summer!

Teapot Tuesday is Far Away Places!

Old 02-12-2020, 01:06 PM   #107

SC788 is up and the gallery is full of loveliness!

Old 02-14-2020, 04:01 AM   #108

WT778 - Button it Up

MIX358 - Opposites Attract

F4A521 - Bee Mine

Happy Friday everyone!  What are you going to do this weekend?

I am hoping to stamp!  
Old 02-14-2020, 06:50 PM   #109
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

This week we are taking a peek at an online store for inspiration because, someone somewhere posted a snarky coffee mug that came from that shop... go figure right?

My Blog
Old 02-14-2020, 06:52 PM   #110
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I am hoping to stamp too this weekend, we have had some really nice (warm & dry) weather for the last two weeks that is going to come to an end this weekend as the snow and winter returns. (this is a good thing) and it just means I will spend more time indoors.

My Blog
Old 02-16-2020, 05:59 AM   #111
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

This week's featured Stamper is Niki1

(here is a short cut to her gallery, as I am not seeing the here is the challenge post in the thread, just all the people who linked up to it)

My Blog
Old 02-16-2020, 07:08 AM   #112

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
This week's featured Stamper is Niki1

(here is a short cut to her gallery, as I am not seeing the here is the challenge post in the thread, just all the people who linked up to it)

I hope it's been corrected, Stacy. Nancy is still having trouble posting things. I think I have it working now. Will you please go look & see if you can see the post now?

thanks!
Facebook|Pinterest|Instagram
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni,Featured StamperHostess & Inspiration Challenge Hostess
I design for:
DRS Designs
Rubbernecker Stamps
Old 02-16-2020, 11:14 AM   #113
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by justwritedesignsView Post

I hope it's been corrected, Stacy. Nancy is still having trouble posting things. I think I have it working now. Will you please go look & see if you can see the post now?

thanks!

I just went and looked at the FS thread as I have a card to upload for it and it's been fixed.  The usual first post is there with all the links.

JBgreendawn and justwritedesigns like this post.
Old 02-16-2020, 05:54 PM   #114
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

The CAS Challenge is live:

Old 02-16-2020, 10:13 PM   #115
Stazon Splitcoast

The TLC challenge is posted.  An old technique - Joseph's Coat Technique - but Lyn suggests trying it with Oxide inks.

Hopefully I'll have some time tomorrow.

Old 02-17-2020, 08:40 AM   #116
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Pssst! New Dirty Dozen Reveal and Fan Club theme at noon CT. Come chat here.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:19 AM   #117
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:

Originally Posted by justwritedesigns<<>>

thanks!

Peeking in from my work computer it is fixed here today ( monday ) 
I got lost in her gallery and side tracked hunting for an old retired stamp on ebay yesterday and (did not get a card done yet) but, did order the cheapest version of said stamp <> (which took all.afternoon.long. to pay for) 
I am hoping to get back to that today after work. so many gorgeous things. 

My Blog
Old 02-17-2020, 11:22 AM   #118
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawn<<>>

Peeking in from my work computer it is fixed here today ( monday ) 
I got lost in her gallery and side tracked hunting for an old retired stamp on ebay yesterday and (did not get a card done yet) but, did order the cheapest version of said stamp <> (which took all.afternoon.long. to pay for) 
I am hoping to get back to that today after work. so many gorgeous things. 

Inquiring minds want to know what set?

Old 02-17-2020, 11:28 AM   #119
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

its a Hero Arts four square shadow stamp

like the one she used here
WT758 Magical fairies by niki1 - at Splitcoaststampers

and then being me I peeked at the PSX and Stamps Happen & Stampa Rosa
so this is on its way too I found one a little cheaper than this.
PSX Tulip Tulipa Botanical K-3136 2001~Large Wood Rubber Stamp~NEW! RARE RETIRED 757979532277 | eBay

My Blog
Old 02-17-2020, 07:11 PM   #120

Oh!  That 4 Square stamp is cool!  I was thinking it was the acrylic block technique.  I can never get things lined up so I wouldn't try it but a 4 square stamp, now that would be cool!