In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2019, 02:05 PM   #1
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6
Default Can you you help me with the brand for this background stamp?

I am embarrassed because I don’t know if it’s a wood mounted, cling, clear or what! Thanks in advance!!!
SharonW12 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 03:02 PM   #2
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick
 
JBgreendawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So. Oregon
Posts: 102,008
Default

well doing a reverse image search for me on google did not pull up that stamp for me.

do you have a link to the maker of the card? (most people love to share details, so if you have a link to a blog post or something where you found the card someone may know the contact details for that person so you could ask them?)
__________________
~Stacy

My Blog
JBgreendawn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 03:19 PM   #3
Kookie Creator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 385
Default

I'm sorry, but I can't help you. It's even more difficult to identify images these days because so many are digital! I've wondered who made a certain image, and then found out it was a digi stamps..argh!
kazeka is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 04:31 PM   #4
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
well doing a reverse image search for me on google did not pull up that stamp for me.

do you have a link to the maker of the card? (most people love to share details, so if you have a link to a blog post or something where you found the card someone may know the contact details for that person so you could ask them?)
I made the card. It was stamped with versamark ink and embossed
SharonW12 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
kazeka likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:41 PM   #5
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick
 
JBgreendawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So. Oregon
Posts: 102,008
Default

ah ha well, I am guessing you may want to start looking, and if that takes too long, you may want to start organizing and sorting while you hunt so that way you can find things after? ( girl, my stamp count on my inventory is over 3K so far and counting so, I feel your pain)
__________________
~Stacy

My Blog
JBgreendawn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
LizSwickley and SharonW12 like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 03:36 AM   #6
Gabfest Goddess
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Windsor CO
Posts: 7,012
Default

Hero Arts? They had a good variety of floral backgrounds a while back.
Mary Beth
lutheran is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Ragtop and SharonW12 like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 06:13 AM   #7
Proud Fan Club Member
 
gregzgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Las Vegas, baby!
Posts: 13,245
Default

I've searched a slew of different brands and searched multiple different ways and I'm coming up with nothing. Do you know how old/new the stamp is? Maybe the company that made it is out of business now...
__________________
~ Sue
Happy for no reason...

gregzgurl is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 08:08 AM   #8
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
ah ha well, I am guessing you may want to start looking, and if that takes too long, you may want to start organizing and sorting while you hunt so that way you can find things after? ( girl, my stamp count on my inventory is over 3K so far and counting so, I feel your pain)
I am organizing next week-it’s well overdue! Thanks for the response-I’d hate to venture a guess as to my count. But I’m sad that my unorganized craft room is leading me to not use what I have!!!
SharonW12 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 01:08 PM   #9
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick
 
JBgreendawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So. Oregon
Posts: 102,008
Default

yep, I think most of us that have been "collecting" for years have a point where we reach the it has to get organized and or catalogued in one form or another because, you "know" you have a pinata stamp... but, who makes it so where would it hide?

( I use evernote as a digital search/inventory) and so, there are photos of the stamps (dies, embossing folders, stencils, a few odd hand held punches and newer lines of ink pads) in there and if I took a photograph of it while it was still on wood ( like a sentiment ) I "know" I unmounted it and about where to start looking for it now and two years ago, I spent hours hunting for a stamp that I had stamped on a scrap and die cut and set aside to be "ready to use" as I like the look of a dangling word on a card front... and then I started buying a lot of new companies and some of their lines all look very similar to me. ( I buy what I like so that makes sense that I own similar types of things)
__________________
~Stacy

My Blog
JBgreendawn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
kazeka and SharonW12 like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:48 AM   #10
Kookie Creator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonW12 View Post
I made the card. It was stamped with versamark ink and embossed

Oops, looks like you're going to have to go on a treasure hunt through your stash! I have several stamps that I just know I have, but can't find in my stamp collection. They're all old, wood-mounted ones that I've had for at least 15 years, so they should be easy to find..but so far, no luck. Do you organize and store your stamps by theme, manufacturer?
kazeka is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:52 AM   #11
Kookie Creator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
yep, I think most of us that have been "collecting" for years have a point where we reach the it has to get organized and or catalogued in one form or another because, you "know" you have a pinata stamp... but, who makes it so where would it hide?

( I use evernote as a digital search/inventory) and so, there are photos of the stamps (dies, embossing folders, stencils, a few odd hand held punches and newer lines of ink pads) in there and if I took a photograph of it while it was still on wood ( like a sentiment ) I "know" I unmounted it and about where to start looking for it now and two years ago, I spent hours hunting for a stamp that I had stamped on a scrap and die cut and set aside to be "ready to use" as I like the look of a dangling word on a card front... and then I started buying a lot of new companies and some of their lines all look very similar to me. ( I buy what I like so that makes sense that I own similar types of things)

Once you look at your inventory list, how do you know where to find the stamp? How do you organize them? I've tried storing by manufacturer if I have quite a few sets by the same company, by theme and by type. I've got my unmounted ones in binders, sorted by theme (holiday, animals, travel etc). All of my Stampin' Up wood mounted sets are stored in two bookshelves. Other wood-mounted ones are loosely stored by theme in drawer stacks, and my clear stamp sets are stored in plastic bins by theme and/or manufacturer. I STILL can't find some of them!
kazeka is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:00 AM   #12
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick
 
JBgreendawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So. Oregon
Posts: 102,008
Default

my wood mounted stamps are in Iris project cases by themes. ( so say horses are together) or snowmen or other images large enough to color.

my unmounted rubber stamps, some of the newer ones are organized by set on the same sheet by mfg. the random ones that were collected over 20+ years are by theme. so, I have them all on laminated sheets that I had stamped the image on one side and stuck them to the other side inside clear pockets like the avery elle kind? ( some of mine are cheap generic amazon ones) and I have them kinda sorted in themes and or mfg in bins on several shelves. so, at least I have narrowed down my search time for the stamp I may have to look at 4 sheets of thinking of you type sentiments to find the one ever note says I have but, this is way better than sitting on the floor moving multiple boxes of wood mounted ones digging and digging. ( for me)

so all my clear stamps are in the same system on the same shelves but, totally by mfg. and companies that I have both rubber and clear are in two spots depending on what it is, and if it is a set I caved on the matching dies those are on a magnet sheet tucked into the back of the same pocket or the pocket behind that stamp if its a big set.

and as time goes by I tend to memorize the sheets based off of how often I have looked at that particular sheet.
__________________
~Stacy

My Blog
JBgreendawn is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
kazeka likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:02 PM   #13
Kookie Creator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
my wood mounted stamps are in Iris project cases by themes. ( so say horses are together) or snowmen or other images large enough to color.

my unmounted rubber stamps, some of the newer ones are organized by set on the same sheet by mfg. the random ones that were collected over 20+ years are by theme. so, I have them all on laminated sheets that I had stamped the image on one side and stuck them to the other side inside clear pockets like the avery elle kind? ( some of mine are cheap generic amazon ones) and I have them kinda sorted in themes and or mfg in bins on several shelves. so, at least I have narrowed down my search time for the stamp I may have to look at 4 sheets of thinking of you type sentiments to find the one ever note says I have but, this is way better than sitting on the floor moving multiple boxes of wood mounted ones digging and digging. ( for me)

so all my clear stamps are in the same system on the same shelves but, totally by mfg. and companies that I have both rubber and clear are in two spots depending on what it is, and if it is a set I caved on the matching dies those are on a magnet sheet tucked into the back of the same pocket or the pocket behind that stamp if its a big set.

and as time goes by I tend to memorize the sheets based off of how often I have looked at that particular sheet.


So do you separate clear stamp sets? For instance, do you separate out the different sentiments and/or images? Or do you keep clear sets all together?
kazeka is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off