Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-18-2007, 06:58 PM   #121
Kookie Creator

I got some of those peppermint patties in a tag swap the other night. they are so darling!!!! They used the scallop punch , and the 1 3/8 circle, and the 1 1/4 circle. The image was the snowman from perfect presentation, and it used sky blue and blue bayou paper
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-18-2007, 07:00 PM   #122
Kookie Creator

Ok....I'll be happy to do the workshop for you again! I had a blast last time!
When we get back home and I have access to my calendar, we will book it!
Start making your wish list again...since your last workshop pretty much blew out everything you had on it. It was my largest workshop to date! Thanks!
Old 11-18-2007, 07:00 PM   #123
Matboard Maniac

I have been experimenting with a "blowout" tecnique. I haven't seen any of these anywhere, check it out in my gallery and let me know what you think. I used oval punch on some, the last one I made I used the scallop punch. SU DSP and CS on all, and I used that new set I got - Simple Delights on them too. Be sure and give me suggestions, or comments so I can improve the design or modify it
Old 11-25-2007, 04:37 PM   #124
Matboard Maniac

Hi folks! I think everyone has forgotten about this thread. Many others have sprung up with a similar theme, but I would like to keep this one going. With the new year coming up, new cattie, and new stuff, I am so looking forward to some new stuff. What is everybody doing for the holidays?? I have been trying out some of the tutorials. Will get them posted soon. Anybody out there??? Jo
Old 11-27-2007, 04:57 PM   #125
Matboard Maniac

hallo ! Bump
Old 11-27-2007, 05:33 PM   #126
Matboard Maniac

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by littleblackdogView Post
hallo ! Bump
Yep, got to keep this alive. Got a SU question--In the Fall-Winter cattie--has anyone tried the embossing cartridge on page 192? Do you just use this with your wheel and then emboss? Sounds too easy---but want to try it.What else can you use it for? Sprinkle on glitter too? And would you use the embossing buddy first?
Thanks
Old 11-27-2007, 05:40 PM   #127
Matboard Maniac

Smile Su Cattie question

Has anyone heard anything about the new cattie that will be coming out? Will they be carrying all the "things" in the fall-Winter plus more stuff, or will they we retiring some sets? If so, has anyone heard which ones?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:22 PM   #128
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by monniegirlView Post
Has anyone heard anything about the new cattie that will be coming out? Will they be carrying all the "things" in the fall-Winter plus more stuff, or will they we retiring some sets? If so, has anyone heard which ones?
The new catalog comes out January 2nd. You can check out the preview brochure HERE, although you can't buy from it till January 2nd.

I can't remember when the retiring list comes out. As far as I know it will be just as it always has just with a smaller retirement list. The In Colors will stay, but we get new hostess sets.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:21 PM   #129
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Yep, got to keep this alive. Got a SU question--In the Fall-Winter cattie--has anyone tried the embossing cartridge on page 192? Do you just use this with your wheel and then emboss? Sounds too easy---but want to try it.What else can you use it for? Sprinkle on glitter too? And would you use the embossing buddy first?
Thanks
Yes, it's that easy, lol! You can emboss it, chalk it, can't use glitter, though, because that needs an adhesive of some sort. You would use your embossing buddy as usual. It does seem like the embossing cartridge needs to be inked a lot though, just like if you ink up a cartridge with Versamark.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:23 PM   #130
Die Cut Diva

Red face retiring list

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCEmilyView Post
The new catalog comes out January 2nd. You can check out the preview brochure HERE, although you can't buy from it till January 2nd.

I can't remember when the retiring list comes out. As far as I know it will be just as it always has just with a smaller retirement list. The In Colors will stay, but we get new hostess sets.
On another thread (or two) I saw that the retiring list comes out Dec 1
Old 11-28-2007, 07:04 AM   #131
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mis.tyView Post
On another thread (or two) I saw that the retiring list comes out Dec 1
Thanks Misty. I really should know that lol.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:43 PM   #132
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCEmilyView Post

Emily, thanks so much--I love the sets and paper too--ohmy--hope I get lots of money for Christmas!! Thanks again.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:48 PM   #133
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
Yes, it's that easy, lol! You can emboss it, chalk it, can't use glitter, though, because that needs an adhesive of some sort. You would use your embossing buddy as usual. It does seem like the embossing cartridge needs to be inked a lot though, just like if you ink up a cartridge with Versamark.
Thanks Betsy---darn, I was hoping to try the glitter--but I'm glad you told me so I won't waste my time or my project. I'm learning sooooooo much on this site --( it is like having my own private teachers !!). after I try this, I want to try the brayer. Going to need to get a part time job just for SU "stuff".
Old 12-17-2007, 04:03 PM   #134
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

You all will be thrilled to see what's in the new Spring/Summer catty!!!

There will be some new glitter and some fun ways to use it, for you glitter fans!!!

I haven't received my catty yet, but the demo's who have say it's to die for!!!

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges
Old 12-17-2007, 04:17 PM   #135
Mad Swapper

The new catalog is really great! I feel there is a lot more variety of style in this one than the previous one. Demos should start receiving their cases of cattys within a week or so, I would think. Call your demo and check it out!

Traci
Old 12-17-2007, 04:19 PM   #136
Matboard Maniac

Cool

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattybView Post
You all will be thrilled to see what's in the new Spring/Summer catty!!!

There will be some new glitter and some fun ways to use it, for you glitter fans!!!

I haven't received my catty yet, but the demo's who have say it's to die for!!!
Hi, I just don't understand why they just won't tell what will be coming out. It is not like we will rush out and buy it somewhere else. It would be nice to know that they are getting glitter. Will it be like the stickles? If you had an idea that they would would be getting something like this--you wouln't go looking for it somewhere else. They should make the catty available in December to "look" at and in January to purchase itmes. And, what is with them getting rid of the liquid glue too?
Old 12-17-2007, 04:24 PM   #137
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Hi, I just don't understand why they just won't tell what will be coming out. It is not like we will rush out and buy it somewhere else. It would be nice to know that they are getting glitter. Will it be like the stickles? If you had an idea that they would would be getting something like this--you wouln't go looking for it somewhere else. They should make the catty available in December to "look" at and in January to purchase itmes. And, what is with them getting rid of the liquid glue too?
The demos are just as in the dark as you. They have to wait until they get the catalog-which is usually only a few days before they are available to the public. I think SU does it for the suspense and hype of it all-remember the Cabbage Patch kid craze-same thing! Only 14 more days left!
Old 12-17-2007, 04:29 PM   #138
Kookie Creator

I've got my catalogue and have been planning my wish list for January! As soon as the new year hits, I'm going to flood the gallery with SU only cards. Right now I'm trying to use up my stash/old scraps first.

Canadians! Visit the Canadian Stamping Forum
Old 12-17-2007, 04:34 PM   #139

Quote:

Inquiring mind's want to know

Like I said I haven't seen the catty myself so I can't tell you what's in it, yes there will be glitter but I can't tell you more because I don't know either. As far as the liquid glue - they are just going with a different brand there will still be a type of liquid glue to purchase.

Hang in there with us, I promise you'll be happy!

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
Old 12-17-2007, 04:34 PM   #140
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

From everyone who has the catty so far, they have all had fabulous reviews~love it, way more variety(boy stuff, etc.) best catty ever kind of feedback so far~ can't wait to see it.

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Old 12-17-2007, 04:35 PM   #141
Matboard Maniac

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by emersonsmomView Post
The demos are just as in the dark as you. They have to wait until they get the catalog-which is usually only a few days before they are available to the public. I think SU does it for the suspense and hype of it all-remember the Cabbage Patch kid craze-same thing! Only 14 more days left!
I know you are right----BUT--waiting has never been my strong point !!!!!I guess 14 days won't be too long. I'll just play with what I have for now and wait for all the stamp sets that I ordered from the retiring list
Thanks for the pep talk
Old 12-17-2007, 04:42 PM   #142
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattybView Post
Inquiring mind's want to know

Like I said I haven't seen the catty myself so I can't tell you what's in it, yes there will be glitter but I can't tell you more because I don't know either. As far as the liquid glue - they are just going with a different brand there will still be a type of liquid glue to purchase.

Hang in there with us, I promise you'll be happy!
Thanks!!! I do love the liquid glue and I'm glad they will be having something else in it's place. I love all the SU products. The snail glue is the best. I ran out and really needed some and my order didn't arrive so I bought an "x" brand and oh my,--it was gummy and kept making gobs at the end like mini glue dots : rolleyes: Oh well, you are right after all. I can wait and like you said I know I will be happy with the new catty
Old 12-17-2007, 05:06 PM   #143
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to mrs_hawkins

I'm feeling you with the anticipation of the new catty. I haven't received my demo complimentary copy yet, but I've seen all the posts on the demo side about it. I about fell on the ice this morning trying to get down the driveway too fast to see if my catty came today. No catty. ( Luckily the next 3 days are really going to be busy, so I wouldn't even have time to look at it any way.

I'm definitely saving my $$ for the new catty though!
Old 12-17-2007, 05:18 PM   #144
Kookie Creator

I wish I had saved more $$$ for the new catty! I got mine today and am lovin it! Too much!
I know the last post about these was a few weeks ago, but I made some of those peppermint patties with the scallop punch. Everyone went nuts over them! I've been making them nonstop for two weeks! I have a picture in my gallery.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:41 PM   #145
Pearl-ExPert

I can't wait for the new catty. I've been playing with my preview stamps, and they are oh so pretty! Just used Mark the Date in my scrapbook for my fiance to mark the date we got engaged.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:53 PM   #146
Hardware Hotshot

I got mine today. I think it's the best one I've seen yet. Huge variety, and it seems like they are trying to keep up with the trends a little more. There aren't any stickles, but there is colored glitter. There is also sticky letters you can buy that the glitter sticks too. It looks awesome! There is some really cute feminine and masculine western stuff that I LOVE! There is also some really cute striped grosgrain ribbon. Aww man, I'm gonna be so broke!
Old 12-17-2007, 06:03 PM   #147
Stazon Splitcoast

I am still waiting for mine.... patiently. I don't know why but with the holidays I have not been as impatient or excited for this one. I hope it is good when I get it though, I am done purchasing from the current one.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:36 PM   #148
Insane Embellisher

I love glitter too. I just used my heat n stick powder for the first time on some chipboard (that I had put cardstock on first). It is beautiful It takes the color of the cardstock behind it. So now with Dazzling Diamonds glitter - I can have any SU color I want just by using my versamark, embossing gun and heat n stick powder!
Old 12-17-2007, 08:46 PM   #149
Die Cut Diva

You guys are really making me anxious for the new catalog period to start! It will definitely be a great way to kick off 2008!

ďAny time we canít solve it, we have to manage it, until we can start to solve it again.Ē ~Tony Blair
Old 12-18-2007, 04:46 AM   #150

Quote:

Originally Posted by KikoView Post
You guys are really making me anxious for the new catalog period to start! It will definitely be a great way to kick off 2008!

Oh yes! I've already marked the date and have cocoa waiting! I plan to curl up by the fire, drink cocoa, and gaze at that new catty - just as soon as I get it

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
Old 12-18-2007, 05:39 AM   #151
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by KikoView Post
I can't wait, either! Every single day, I listen for the mail truck and then run out there like a madwoman, looking for my complimentary copy. You should see me stomp my foot when there's no catty in there, lol.

P.S. I have an SU!-only blog, if you want to check it out. I've been sick for a lot of this month, so I haven't been posting for awhile. I did put up a couple today.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:44 AM   #152
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michigan StamperView Post
I can't wait, either! Every single day, I listen for the mail truck and then run out there like a madwoman, looking for my complimentary copy. You should see me stomp my foot when there's no catty in there, lol.

P.S. I have an SU!-only blog, if you want to check it out. I've been sick for a lot of this month, so I haven't been posting for awhile. I did put up a couple today.
Glad I'm not the only one pouting. I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping it comes today. I'm just glad I'm a demo. I could never make it till January
Old 12-18-2007, 06:55 AM   #153
Matboard Maniac

I can't wait for the cattie, but guess I'll have to. Meanwhile, I've been playing with making 3x3's from all the odds and ends of scrapbooking kits, dsp, and stuff I still have - I know it may all be retired, BUT ideas you can get! Then you'll be ready for the new stuff!! Check out my gallery, just posted last night!

Also let me know what you think about the "blowout" tecnique, that I "invented" - at least, I haven't seen anybody else using anything like it - see if it might be a useful idea. Thanks! Jo
Old 12-18-2007, 08:52 AM   #154

Jo - what a great way to use scraps! Great 3 x3 cards, and your "blow out" is cute!!!

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
Old 12-18-2007, 09:39 AM   #155
Kookie Creator

Hey Jo,
I posted a comment on one of your blown-out cards. I think that's so cute! I think it would be awesome with the Wanted DP and maybe ink up the torn edges with Close to Cocoa ink? Oooh you are giving me all kinds of ideas!
Very cute idea!
Old 12-18-2007, 12:33 PM   #156
Stazon Splitcoast

Jo- I like the 3x3's but what envies are you using-I don't want to make my own
Old 12-18-2007, 12:36 PM   #157
Stazon Splitcoast

oh duh- the mini square ones from SU. I guess those will go on my order next.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:20 PM   #158
Stazon Splitcoast

I've seen some pictures of the new catty offerings. A kind demo took pity on my sorry non demo status and sent some to me. Thank you kind demo!!

I can't get a feeling for the whole thing until I have it in my ink stained hands, but so far I'm liking what I'm seeing. Not all of it, of course, but a lot. Love the new lighthouse set and the new military honor set and some of the sentiments are wacky -- just my style. Prices not bad either.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:16 PM   #159

My demo copy of the new catty came today!!!! It is as wonderful as everyone said it would be! I love the new Peony set that is a lot like Wild Rose, the humorous sayings set is going to be so popular! Love the new glitter, beads, and the sticky shapes to use them on!!!

I could go on and on, it is a great catty! Lots of images to "color"!

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
Old 12-18-2007, 04:44 PM   #160
Stazon Splitcoast

It is so smart of SU to provide more images to color, given that so many solid stamps have been in the catty. With all the copic marker excitement, I think there is a strong market for line images.

I wonder when I'll get my catty!!