Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-11-2020, 07:51 AM   #1
Stampin' Fool

Default A.C. Moore going out of business!

I was sad to discover this past week that A.C. Moore is going out of business. I went into the one near me on Jan. 2 to look for post holiday sale items and was greeted with large “Store Closing” signs . When I asked a cashier if it was just this location or the whole company, she said it was the whole company.
I have been fortunate the last 14 years to have a Michael’s, Hobby Lobby and A.C. Moore all within a few miles of each other. By the time I had moved here the local, small shops were already closed.

I like the “instant gratification” of being able to bring my purchases home rather than wait for them to ship. And when it comes to yarn shopping, I really need to be able to see and touch before buying.

I guess it’s better for my budget to have one less place to wander through and buy “this or that” whether I had a specific project in mind or not. But I hate to see any crafty based business shut their doors.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:04 PM   #2
Glitter Guru

Yes, really sad, even though I don’t tend to shop at the big box craft stores.

Some more discussion about it:
AC Moore stores closing - Splitcoaststampers
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-12-2020, 08:20 AM   #3
Proud Fan Club Member

That is too bad. That was one of my go-to places for crafty stuff (not just paper crafts) when I lived in New York...

Old 01-12-2020, 05:17 PM   #4
Watercolor Wizard

I’ve been very sad about this. They carry different stuff than the other two stores. (We just got our first Hobby Lobby about a month ago.)
The cashier here told me that it was the company Nicole, which is the brand name on many of their products, that is shutting down, thus causing ACMoore to shut down. She also told me they would be gone some time in February. ☹️
On another note, their sales are not very good. Things that you could regularly get at 40 or 50% off are at 30% off now. Really disappointed.
Also, they said that Michael’s will be buying some of the stores.