In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2008, 04:56 AM   #1
Pearl-ExPert
 
SunshineMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Wild Woods of Vermont
Posts: 2,571
Default Blogger help please?

Hi all.....

I use Typepad for my business blog, but I recently got a blogger account so that I could have a couple of personal blogs. I'm frustrated beyond belief with it right now. Perhaps because I'm so used to using Typepad.

Okay, here's my problem.

How do I set it up so that I can reply to the comments that get sent to me via email.

Someone commented on one of my posts and it got sent to me by email. That's great.

But when I reply, there's no place to reply to it.

I know it can be done because other people that use blogger reply by email to MY comments that I make in their blogs.

I've tried doing the settings thing....I've looked at every stinkin' tab in blogger and I STILL can't figure it out.

I'm about to go crazy!
__________________
Erika Martin * Vermont * SU! Demo * My blog: Stampin' Mama


SunshineMama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:08 AM   #2
Pearl-ExPert
 
SunshineMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Wild Woods of Vermont
Posts: 2,571
Default

Anyone???
__________________
Erika Martin * Vermont * SU! Demo * My blog: Stampin' Mama


SunshineMama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:12 AM   #3
Insane Embellisher
 
Stampingmathilda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Belgium-Europe
Posts: 938
Default

If they have a Blogger blog, they should edit their profile:
check the box that says "show email address". If you get an email after they left you a comment, it shows their email address instead of "no-reply comment." If they don't allow to show their email address, you can't respond by email.
I think if they are Typepad or Wordpress bloggers, you will see their email addresses in the emails your get.
__________________
Godelieve - My gallery - stampingmathilda's blog
Stampingmathilda is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:20 AM   #4
Pearl-ExPert
 
SunshineMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Wild Woods of Vermont
Posts: 2,571
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampingmathildaView Post
If they have a Blogger blog, they should edit their profile:
check the box that says "show email address". If you get an email after they left you a comment, it shows their email address instead of "no-reply comment." If they don't allow to show their email address, you can't respond by email.
I think if they are Typepad or Wordpress bloggers, you will see their email addresses in the emails your get.
Yah, with Typepad, it sends you their comment by email and when you hit reply to that email, it emails them directly with your reply. The only person that sees their email is me. It doesn't show up on the comments on the blog.

I can't believe that Blogger doesn't have that capability. That seems so behind the eight-ball to me.



Quote:

Originally Posted by StampingmathildaView Post
If they have a Blogger blog, they should edit their profile:
check the box that says "show email address".
So am I to take that to mean that if I want to comment back to them, I have to go BACK to their profile? That seems like a lot of steps to take just to thank someone for a comment.

I guess I get what I pay for.....or not, in this case.
__________________
Erika Martin * Vermont * SU! Demo * My blog: Stampin' Mama


SunshineMama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:32 AM   #5
clean and krafty
 
willosmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: washington!
Posts: 25,913
Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineMamaView Post
Hi all.....

I use Typepad for my business blog, but I recently got a blogger account so that I could have a couple of personal blogs. I'm frustrated beyond belief with it right now. Perhaps because I'm so used to using Typepad.

Okay, here's my problem.

How do I set it up so that I can reply to the comments that get sent to me via email.

Someone commented on one of my posts and it got sent to me by email. That's great.

But when I reply, there's no place to reply to it.

I know it can be done because other people that use blogger reply by email to MY comments that I make in their blogs.

I've tried doing the settings thing....I've looked at every stinkin' tab in blogger and I STILL can't figure it out.

I'm about to go crazy!
I can't either~ I get email notifications about comments left, but I am not able to reply to them.

Why don't you set up another blog through typepad since your familiar with it?
__________________
AJ
gallery
The Willow Garden

Spellbinders DT Coordinator


willosmama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:39 AM   #6
Pearl-ExPert
 
SunshineMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Wild Woods of Vermont
Posts: 2,571
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by willosmamaView Post
I can't either~ I get email notifications about comments left, but I am not able to reply to them.

Why don't you set up another blog through typepad since your familiar with it?
I set this one up because I wanted it separate from my Typepad blog. I can have as many blogs on Typepad as I want, but I have yet to figure out the CSS configuration to set it up differently. I want the personal blogs to look completely different than the business blog.

Right now, if I link off of my main Typepad blog, I can set up another blog, but the picture on the side bar is the same, the links are the same, etc.

When I set up a blog for my son, I wanted his picture to be on it, but because I already had MY picture on my main blog, it wouldn't let me change it over unless I knew CSS and I'm just not smart enough to figure that out.

I am paying for a separate Typepad blog for his blog, but since it's an autism blog, I figured it needed a separate identity anyway, so I didn't mind that. I just don't want to get separate Typepad accounts for the other blogs, so I figured I'd go the free route with Blogger but it's proving to be frustrating as all get out.
__________________
Erika Martin * Vermont * SU! Demo * My blog: Stampin' Mama


SunshineMama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:40 AM   #7
Insane Embellisher
 
Stampingmathilda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Belgium-Europe
Posts: 938
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineMamaView Post
So am I to take that to mean that if I want to comment back to them, I have to go BACK to their profile? That seems like a lot of steps to take just to thank someone for a comment.
Bloggers should edit their own profile if they want a reply form you.

Maybe you can find more answers here:
http://tips-for-new-bloggers.blogspot.com/
__________________
Godelieve - My gallery - stampingmathilda's blog
Stampingmathilda is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:44 AM   #8
Pearl-ExPert
 
SunshineMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Wild Woods of Vermont
Posts: 2,571
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampingmathildaView Post
Bloggers should edit their own profile if they want a reply form you.

Maybe you can find more answers here:
http://tips-for-new-bloggers.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the link. I looked there, but didn't find anything helpful for the comment features that I'm looking for.

I think I'm just going to go another route and scrap the Blogger thing.

I appreciate the help!
__________________
Erika Martin * Vermont * SU! Demo * My blog: Stampin' Mama


SunshineMama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off