Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-29-2008, 10:33 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of this seller (updated!)

I am soooo bummed. I had ordered some papers for a certain scrapbook way before Christmas. I ordered from Murdock Country Creations. Never heard from them so I emailed on Jan. 9th asking where the order was. Finally she responded in mid February saying they were moving, etc. and the package was send on Feb. 19th! Well, here it is Feb. 29th and no paper yet. What is infuriating is I am getting no response to my inquiries now either! Has anyone else ordered from her?
UPDATE:
Quote:

Originally Posted by debstamperView Post
Update: I finally got my paper! Wanted you all to know that.
I didn't realize I had "violated" any rules on this forum. But I definitely feel as many that we should hear the negative as well as the positive. I apologize if I have offended anyone on this board. I feel like I got my hands slapped and probably shouldn't submit much anymore. My intention was to hopefully stop anyone else from the same thing happening to them.

Last edited by jbalcer; 03-04-2008 at 05:23 AM.. Reason: Added situation update
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2008, 10:47 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by debstamperView Post
I am soooo bummed. I had ordered some papers for a certain scrapbook way before Christmas. I ordered from Murdock Country Creations. Never heard from them so I emailed on Jan. 9th asking where the order was. Finally she responded in mid February saying they were moving, etc. and the package was send on Feb. 19th! Well, here it is Feb. 29th and no paper yet. What is infuriating is I am getting no response to my inquiries now either! Has anyone else ordered from her?

Sorry this happened to you and thanks for the heads up.

smile
Lori

Last edited by Jovi; 02-29-2008 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: Removed Name of Individual from Quote
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2008, 11:01 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

bbt
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2008, 11:27 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, Thank you so much for info. I am one that likes to know the ups & downs of companies. I do hope you receive your paper soon as this has been way to long of a wait. Or at least she could refund you your money. If you paid by credit card, can you still do a chargeback?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2008, 11:33 AM   #5  
Sassy Shani

I believe your post is in violation of the SCS terms of service. You can not post peoples names on here who you have had a deal gone bad with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2008, 12:29 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Have not ordered from them but thanks for the head up. Sorry you have had this experience. I hope things are resolved soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2008, 02:24 PM   #7  
Crimping Master

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Hopefully you get your paper soon. Thanks for the heads up.
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2008, 02:39 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

I know that I will abide by the rules of this forum, but I don't think it's right that we can extol the virtues of companies from which we get great service, but aren't permitted to go the other way with companies that are a rip-off. I seriously doubt that the owners of this board could be held legally responsible for what someone posts here.

Is there not a disclaimer somewhere that the opinions and views posted on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the the owners? If not, there should be.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2008, 03:09 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

i don't like to break rules...

but i also like to be made aware of things like this.

i am already sorta 'gun shy' about online shopping. there are only a few places i have made purchases. mostly because they get rave reviews here on SCS. i appreciate the same 'not so rave' reviews.

just my opinion tho...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2008, 03:15 PM   #10  
Sassy Shani

What the OP did wrong was post the name of the individual. It's all good tho, because a MOD has edited it. And FWIW...there is a disclaimer. You can also check out the TERMS OF SERVICE to review all rules about posting here on SCS .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cards4EverView Post
I know that I will abide by the rules of this forum, but I don't think it's right that we can extol the virtues of companies from which we get great service, but aren't permitted to go the other way with companies that are a rip-off. I seriously doubt that the owners of this board could be held legally responsible for what someone posts here.

Is there not a disclaimer somewhere that the opinions and views posted on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the the owners? If not, there should be.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2008, 03:25 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks Shanon! I was reading the Terms of Service (which are found in the Announcements forum) when you posted. I could not quite see what the OP had done wrong.
We definitely are not supposed to insult or humiliate another member. But I did not find anything that said we couldn't complain (whine a little) about a company that does not deliver orders in a timely manner.
Thanks for clarifying.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2008, 03:27 PM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

well put and thanks for the heads up... I HATE getting ripped off!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #13  
Sassy Shani

Since I am NOT a mod, I will let the mods handle anymore questions. But, I do believe that this is the part of the TOS that was violated:

Members are cautioned to take the greatest care when they post new threads or create a response to an existing thread. We ask that no one creates or condones a post openly disparaging any individual or group of people.

And HERE is a link to the Terms of Service. Hope that helps

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetJView Post
Thanks Shanon! I was reading the Terms of Service (which are found in the Announcements forum) when you posted. I could not quite see what the OP had done wrong.
We definitely are not supposed to insult or humiliate another member. But I did not find anything that said we couldn't complain (whine a little) about a company that does not deliver orders in a timely manner.
Thanks for clarifying.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2008, 03:35 PM   #14  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can see that... it could kind of be like gossip, and someone's business could be really, really hurt by it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2008, 03:37 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the heads up...I will not be shopping there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2008, 03:45 PM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry about your bad experience...it really sucks to have this happen...

Here's my EBay bad seller story...(I no longer EBay because of this)...

I won some items from a seller on EBay back in January and almost lost about$70....I paid right away, kept in contact with the seller, did all the things that you are supposed to do, with no communication from the seller but one e-mail, "Did you get this yet?" (after about 2 weeks)...I also paid for Priority shipping and three weeks later...still hadn't received my items...lucky for me, I filed a claim with PayPal and they found the claim in my favor since the seller didn't contact them about the claim (just like the seller didn't communicate with me at all even though I contacted the seller on numerous occasions in regard to the items I had purchased.)

Beware on EBay when purchasing Stampin' Up! merchandise. This seller has a horrible reputation and lots of negative feedback on just about every Stampin' Up! item they have ever sold on EBay...

I can't understand why this seller is still able to sell on EBay...they should have a policy against this sort of thing esp since the seller has had (since my claim was filed) several other claims filed against them. Just wanted to give a heads up about my experience with a bad seller.

Happy Stampin! God Bless!

Stephanie Vittorio

Stuff I've Stamped

Last edited by StephStamps1982; 02-29-2008 at 03:47 PM.. Reason: oops...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2008, 04:00 PM   #17  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I make sure I check feedback for a person selling on Ebay BEFORE I make a purchase from them! If they have recent negative feedback, I think SEVERAL times before I bid on what they are offering. since my chances of getting ripped off from them is possible. I think if they have poor feedback, Im asking for some trouble!
(Sorry this wasnt in response to the OP.)

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2008, 05:14 PM   #18  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I wish too that there was a way to give people some forwarning about bad experiences. I understand why SCS doesn't want to, but I still wish we could communicate in a way that would be informational and not "bashing". To the op, thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2008, 05:21 PM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by InkaliciousView Post
I make sure I check feedback for a person selling on Ebay BEFORE I make a purchase from them! If they have recent negative feedback, I think SEVERAL times before I bid on what they are offering. since my chances of getting ripped off from them is possible. I think if they have poor feedback, Im asking for some trouble!

Me too! I just can't buy from anyone below 90% and really don't like going below 95% and will check when the last negative was left.

Sorry you had a bad experience. I hope your next one is great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-29-2008, 05:49 PM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Arrow

Recounting an experience is OK, so long as you keep it factual and do not make accusations. Here's a recent post from Daven from a different thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitcoaststampersView Post
we're generally okay with posts that simply recount your experiences. we've always allowed these and won't censor names.

it gets not okay when words like "cheat" are used that imply that you were the victim of intentional dishonesty. this may be true, but we don't have any way here to properly make those kind of value judgments.

so in fairness to both parties we don't allow accusations or what might be considered slanderous statements against either companies or individuals. this goes for both the public forums and our private message system. these types of disputes are best resolved between the two parties involved.
Please note in the OP the company's name remains, but the individual's name is removed. So please, when recounting a challenging experience (I can't say negative! *lol* ), please be mindful of sharing facts (ex. dates) and be mindful not to make accusations; that should be something you communicate directly with the company.

Cheers!

Cris

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2008, 06:37 AM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

I believe that this business used to be located in Turner, Maine...if this is the same company (and I believe it is, same name & co. made paper) than it is OUT OF BUSINESS and has been for MONTHS.

Hope this helps...:confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2008, 08:47 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If companies are worried about being "hurt" by sharing our negative stories about their service, then they should provide great service and then they would have nothing to worry about. There would be no need for posts like this. There are small companies that do provide fantastic customer service, great on-time shipping and good quality of products. It can be done. I think all companies that take our money for their products should strive to be like that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2008, 10:09 AM   #23  
Crimping Master

This is the 3rd or so thread I've read in the past week about bad customer service. Well I can understand the site not wanting slander I applaude someone wanting to give us a heads up about a less than perfect company.
I was just thinking that maybe, to avoid the heated discussion that always follow whenever someone tries to "warn" us ....they could just post their story without using names and just state what happened and put at the bottom to pm them if they want to know the name of the company. That way it is only for those who want to know and it won't upset those who are "friends" with the companies or considered slander in any way.
I think this site should allow the negative along with the positive. I know I've personally bought from several sites because of recommendations from here. I would think that it should be the same for bad service or set up a thread for just bad service.
JMHO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2008, 10:40 AM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

There's absolutely nothing wrong with stating the facts of your transaction. The problem is when it goes past just the facts into the accusations. "I haven't received my product and it's been six weeks," is preferred to "They SCAMMED me and they're nothing but a bunch of crooks!" LOL, just stick to the facts.

I can definitely understand the feeling when you think you've been ripped off. I've been there a few times myself. But talking about this to your stamp club group is way different than broadcasting it on a public forum such as Splitcoast. People can and do take legal action against host sites all the time.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that there are some people who are not yet used to online purchasing period, let alone dealing with small, start-up rubberstamping companies. Yes, papercrafting has become quite mainstream these days, but it's not like people are dealing with a Macy's or big chain store. Most of the time, vendors are new, or very small (or both) and don't always have the capability to keep up with sudden surges.

Let's face it, when somebody on Splitcoast talks about a brand new, hip, slick & cool product, in a split second that vendor could be swamped by 50,000 of us headed their way to check it out, lol. We are a very large presence these days.

I know I'm getting off track a bit here, so I'll stop, lol. I just think we need to stop and think before hitting the submit button. Read back over what's written to see if it's just the facts or more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2008, 04:17 AM   #25  
Rubber Obsessor

Update: I finally got my paper! Wanted you all to know that.
I didn't realize I had "violated" any rules on this forum. But I definitely feel as many that we should hear the negative as well as the positive. I apologize if I have offended anyone on this board. I feel like I got my hands slapped and probably shouldn't submit much anymore. My intention was to hopefully stop anyone else from the same thing happening to them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2008, 04:52 AM   #26  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Debstamper: I'm glad you got your paper!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
There's absolutely nothing wrong with stating the facts of your transaction. The problem is when it goes past just the facts into the accusations. "I haven't received my product and it's been six weeks," is preferred to "They SCAMMED me and they're nothing but a bunch of crooks!" LOL, just stick to the facts.
I agree with Betsy ... facts are 'good', even if they are negative. And yes, it's hard for some of us to hear 'negative' things about our favorite companies ...
However, every company or demo (even me) will mess up sometime ... and all businesses learn to deal with it in order to survive. As members here on SCS, we just need to avoid the accusation words ... cheat, scam, crooks, steal, ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2008, 05:15 AM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

So sorry this happened to you, and I'm glad you finally got your paper. As Daven said, the only thing you did wrong was include the person's name, and that was removed. Don't let it stop you from posting - good and bad - just keep it factual. The company name is OK, just no personal names. Glad it finally turned out OK.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2008, 05:32 AM   #28  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by InkaliciousView Post
I also make sure I read the sellers feedback and if there is anything negative or even neutral I find the comment and decide from there if I want to continue with my thoughts on purchasing. Better safe than sorry. Thus far, I've had excellent results from my Ebaying. For me it usually only takes one bad experience to be gunshy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2008, 06:21 AM   #29  
Crimping Master

Debstamper don't stop posting here, we all appreciate the heads up. I totally agree with Betsy but this company and all companies just starting up must realize as Betsy says 50,000 of us swamp their sites but it also works the other way 50,000 of us may never look at their site due to poor communication and not answering emails in a good amount of time. I appreciate hearing about poor service. How many of us don't go back to restaurants due to poor service and thats all word of mouth. Have a great day, and keep posting.
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2008, 09:03 AM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Deb, I'm so glad it finally got worked out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2008, 12:07 PM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks to all you supportive members. I would miss this forum in a minute!
Reply With Quote Likes