Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-26-2008, 08:02 AM   #1
Stampin' Fool

Beware of ebay seller

Someone here recommended uniquepacking for clear envelopes and bags. I bought 4 different sizes of envelopes for a total of $6.00. Everything would easily fit in a flat rate Priority mailer. The shipping info they gave in the sale info was somewhat unclear to me, but it did say reduced shipping for additional items. Well, I got my invoice and shipping is $13.20! I contacted them to maker sure it was right and that's what they're charging me. I have no choice but to pay it.

So beware a deal that seems too good to be true!!!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-26-2008, 08:21 AM   #2
Mad Swapper

I have never ordered from them, but I did just take a look at a few of their auctions. It stated the shipping/handling charges at the bottom of the auction and it seemed pretty clear to me. The one that I looked at had S/H as 4.75 and then had a section for S/H for multi. items and gives the price there, which was 2.75 for each addt'l item and for what you said you ordered would come to $13. I do think that is a little high, so I most likely would not have placed the order, but it does explain the S/H cost in the auction.

I guess it is just a lesson learned that if you have the slighest question about anything in an auction, double check before you purchase.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:23 AM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

I have had nothing but great transactions with them. You might want to contact them directly and give them an opportunity to fix it, though. There's not much they can do in a public forum to rectify your situation.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:52 AM   #4
Pearl-ExPert

Honestly I like them too...if you figure out the TOTAL cost including shipping, they are still cheaper than anywhere else.

Don't forget that on a $1.50 item, they lose 45 cents to list, 30 cents + 3% through Paypal, the cost of packing materials, Final Value Fee, etc. They have to put that amount someplace, and the handling fee is where it has to go.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:04 AM   #5
Crimping Master

Shipping aside ~ I finally ordered from them and found the envelopes thinner then the ones from Clear Bags who I usually purchase through.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:12 AM   #6
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwelch10377View Post
I have never ordered from them, but I did just take a look at a few of their auctions. It stated the shipping/handling charges at the bottom of the auction and it seemed pretty clear to me.
You're smarter than I am! I think I read that thing a dozen times. Oh well.

I just think when places need to cover their costs they should do so by raising the price of their products, not price gouge with shipping. That's the core of my opinion. I would be willing to pay $3 or $4 for a pack of 100 A2s. That's still a good deal. Then they could ship reasonably and buying an assortment of different sizes would not cost so much.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:13 AM   #7
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by steubnerView Post
I have had nothing but great transactions with them. You might want to contact them directly and give them an opportunity to fix it, though. There's not much they can do in a public forum to rectify your situation.
I did. Twice. Their answer was basically "Too bad. That's what you have to pay."
Old 09-26-2008, 10:27 AM   #8
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by greetingsbydebraView Post
You're smarter than I am! I think I read that thing a dozen times. Oh well.

I just think when places need to cover their costs they should do so by raising the price of their products, not price gouge with shipping. That's the core of my opinion. I would be willing to pay $3 or $4 for a pack of 100 A2s. That's still a good deal. Then they could ship reasonably and buying an assortment of different sizes would not cost so much.
Costs are rising everywhere, and on everything.

Whichever way it's done, the increased costs incurred are something everyone is having to take a hit on--manufacturers, retailers, and consumers.

I guess I just figure one way or another, as a consumer, I'll hafta pay my share of those increased costs, if I want the product and the only way I can get it is to have it shipped to me.

It doesn't really make too much difference to me whether it's a higher shipping cost, or a higher product cost, although of course, like anyone, I wouldn't wanna get stuck for it on both ends, UKWIM?
Old 09-26-2008, 11:22 AM   #9
Insane Embellisher

Hmm I know I got 500 A2 bags for right around $15 including shipping. I saw their smaller auctions and realized the shipping would bite me if I did it that way. If they have the 500 bag auction it is a really good deal. I think they're a good thickness but I've never seen the clear bags to compare. I've ordered twice and had really good experiences. No one likes a shipping surprise so I understand your frustration.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:23 AM   #10
Stazon Splitcoast

i agree, ive have ordered from them previously and they joined my shipping and paid like $3-4 for shipping.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:46 AM   #11
Stampin' Fool

This is the deal with Uniquepacking...they sell their envelopes extremely cheap (didn't you say you got four different envelopes for $6.00, total?) then they overcharge for shipping (they are not charged fees by Ebay for shipping costs). Not saying it is fair, but that's what they do...you are still getting 4 different envies for less than $20, right? In my book it's a "wash".
Old 09-26-2008, 11:49 AM   #12
Polyshrink Goddess

wow! thats a lot for shipping! I hate shipping charges!
Old 09-26-2008, 12:15 PM   #13
Crimping Master

Default unique packing

I have used them for years...and I have to say even though the shipping is a bit high it is well worth it..I have never waited more than 3 days to get my package....the old way to ship them was 8.95 now it is up to 9.80.they have to make it up somewhere...I ordered 500 a-2s 100 6x6 and 100 bookmark bags..let me tell you that was 1 heavy box..and the shipping was 11.00..it would have been 15 parcel post.....I sell on ebay all the time and the cost of shipping now is CRAZY so unless you ship alot, you really don't know the cost of shipping..either you have to buy your own boxes, or use priority either way costs are going through the roof...and as the last person said, there are sooo many fees we are charged, if we added them to the cost of the item it would make you not buy them...I have bought rubber stamps for a total of 8.95 and charged 6.95 for shipping..now that is crazy....so where ever you go, shipping is just getting to be to much.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:31 PM   #14
Mad Swapper

I'm with the poster who said they'd rather see the cost in the product than the shipping. Just seems more upfront. Let me pay a fair price for the item and let me pay for shipping what shipping costs. Handling fees have always bugged me. Why should I pay you to handle your item; it's a normal cost of business. But then, in fairness, I don't sell; so I don't know how eBay structures its fees. Perhaps eBay shouldn't put their vendors in that situation. I don't know, just thinking while typing....

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I read in the paper that every time gas goes up .01/gallon, the USPS looses $100,000 a DAY. Where's that loss recovered?

Yes, shipping is high (ouch kinda high), but I think it's going to get worse.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:45 PM   #15
Die Cut Diva

ebay has a rating system thast ask you to rate in the feedback item described, communication, and shipping. O dopn't believe they get
to see yor ratings, only your feedback comment. USE that rating
if you leave positive feedback, you can still rate that shipping, and
not hurt yourself, and no communication to you for your question, RATE it
with your level of service received

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"